• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Messages and Teachings of Mary, Revealed to Six Vissionaries in Medjugorje, Bosnia, 1981 - Present

madhatter85

Transhumanist

I am your merciful Mother, the Mother of all who love me, of those who cry to me, of those who have confidence in me. Here I will hear their weeping and their sorrows . . . their necessities and misfortunes . . . Listen and let it penetrate your heart . . . Do not be troubled or weighed down with grief. Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle? In the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else you need?"

Dude, seriously, She is telling people to pray to her, to have confidence [Faith] in her.

She is not my mother. she is my sister, she is a daughter of our heavently father, and i am a son of our heavenly father.

I only pray to my heavenly father. I will never pray to anyoen else because of the 2nd COMMANDMENT. "thou shalt have no other Gods before me."

Why would hevenly father send revelation of this kind and have his "messenger" tell his peopel to pray to her.

this is ludacris FFH.

FFH

Veteran Member
Do you not read the scriptures and see that it says there will be "many false prophets?"
False prophets and prophetess' are easy to spot, not so hidden as you would suppose...

"By their fruits ye shall know them"

We can also know the difference by going to the Lord in prayer...

Just as there are false prophets, there are also false prophetess' . Here's an example www.Sylvia.org

Why would Satan, the deciever and father of all lies, come out and bluntly say that the gospel is false.
He wouldn't, he would mix it up with a few lies, subtly directing followers away from salavation in Christ, who is our advocate/mediator/link with the Father...

He would emphasize himself as the way to the Father... This was Satan's plan in the beginning and he's still trying to pull that fast one on us here on earth, knowing he can still draw away many to himself, into hell where he will be for eternity, but all will eventually be redeemed from that place. Satan may temporarily "drag us down to hell" but all will eventually be redeemed from that aweful place...

Who is the best liar in all the world? someone who ALWAYS tells the truth.
You need to read and ponder what you've just written, I don't really think you realize what you've just written. You've contradicted yourself within one sentence. I've done the same thing..

Satan cannot tell the truth all the time, otherwise his kingdom would not stand, he has to mix it up with lies. He mixes lies with truth, 50/50..

Satan said to Eve, "Ye shall not die, but will become as God, knowing good and evil," when trying to convince Eve to eat the forbidden fruit..

Lie = "Ye shall not die"
Truth = "but will become as God, knowing good and evil"

Nice trick to get someone to do the wrong thing...

Eve then said, "Is there any other way?"

Satan then said, "There is no other way"

Again another lie....

"God will provide a way to accomplish his purposes"..

Satan tells many many truths, all so that once he has your ear he can say anything and you will believe it.
When the lies start, that's when I stop listening.

I plead again with you to talk about it with your bishop,
About what, my healthy conquest for truth/good in all it's forms?

with a church leader of any kind.
Will the nursery leader work? Sorry just a joke..
these things are not true revelations from the Lord.
Yes they are..

Anything that leads people to Jesus Christ is from the Lord...

Do I have to keep posting Article of Faith number 13 ????????

The "mother mary" does not answer "prayers" you should know this FFH.
Any angel (resurrected exalted being) can answer prayers directly, by appearing to men on earth.

Moroni
Gabriel (Noah)
Mary
Jesus
Enoch
Elijah
etc.

Any resurrected and/or exalted being.

My grandfather appeared to my uncle in answer to his prayer concerning his son who had committed suiced a few days before he was to give his LDS missionary farewell speech...

He (my grandfather) appeared and said to my uncle, after he had prayed by the side of a lake in a secluded spot in the mountains, "Don't worry, he's with me now, he's fine".

My uncle thinking his son, who had committed suicide, might be in hell, as many would suppose and that he had failed as a parent and was sinking into despair..

He later became a bishop of that same ward...

They (suicide victims) get help on the other side, if they need it...

you have done alot of research and are into bible codes and other things of the nature that and that is commendable efforts. while there is alot of truth in them, that is exactly why you have to be careful.
Nothing in the Bible codes I've seen so far has led me away from the truth, but rather has strengthened my faith and understanding of the mysteries of the scriptures and in the goodness of the Lord/

There's much more to the Bible codes than mere predictions. There are modern day teachings warning us of the very things you're talking about and lists several false prophets names, including the one I just listed, Sylvia Browne (www.Sylvia.org) others such as Benny Hinn, and lists the reasons why he's a false prophet...

Joel Ostein is listed as a true humble follower of Christ, living very meagerly despite having the biggest church in North American.. joelostein.com

I could go on and on about false preachers the Bible codes list as well as true preachers of God...

Brigham Young is even listed in the Bible codes...and of course not as a false prophet...
There is no evil in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
There are evil people in it that i am sure of, but those people, are not our leaders or our prophets
There are evil people in leadership who abuse their powers. My parents live in an area where a bishop was caught molesting a small child...

A horrible tragedy...

The only person we have been promised who will not lead us astray, is the President of the LDS church, of whom all other leaders must submit their authority to..

There is a system of checks and balances which help to root out evil leaders in the LDS faith, but some squeak by and evil is then allowed to prosper...

I know our leaders are inspired, but all fail/are tempted/sin, as they are only men...

Some sin more than others...no one is perfect, not even the President Hinckley and he freely admits that, but he can be perfectly inspired to lead this church in the direction it needs to go.

I was sealed to my wife in the temple, which guarantees my salvation in the highest kingdom, it's just a matter of how well do I want this life to go now...

Do I want to sin and have Satan "buffet" me or do I want to obey and enjoy profound peace and joy in my life...

"In this life our joy is not full" though, as Christ has revealed to Joseph Smith in the Doctrine and Covenants...

Jesus spoke to Joseph Smith in all those revelations of the Doctrine and Covenants, not Heavenly Father...

Jesus is our advocate with the Father...

Heavenly Father uses his spirit, the Holy Ghost, to speak to men in answer to prayer, but in the case of Joseph Smith, Heavenly Father literally appeared and introduced Jesus Christ and said "Here him"...

In other words, Heavenly Father said "hey, here's my right hand man, talk to him and he'll lead you in the right direction...

Jesus Christ appeared in answer to Joseph Smith's prayer, as did Moroni, and so can Mary, if Heavenly Father sees the need to use her for that purpose..

Heavenly Father can use any resurrected exalted being to answer prayers directly, not just the Holy Ghost..

and you know this just as well as i do. there is no evil doctrine in our church whatsoever. You know for a fact that is true just as well as i do.
Yes of course so show me the scripture that states Heavenly Father only answers prayers through the gift of the Holy Ghost or his Holy Spirit to man...

Our Founding Fathers appeared in the St. George temple and asked, paraphrasing, "Why has our work not been done???" Meaning all their necessary saving ordinances performed in holy LDS temples, for those reading who might not understand the term "work" in that sentence.

For those who don't know...The St. George, Utah temple (which was the first temple completed after the other two were destroyed in Kirtland, Ohio and Nauvoo, Illinois) years before the Salt Lake temple.

Heavenly Father can us anyone whom he chooses to answer prayers on his behalf..

Heavenly Father has never appeared to anyone, except Joseph Smith, all other appearances to man have been by Jesus Christ, in the Old and New Testament.

This is nothing new, Mary has been appearing to men throughout the centuries..

The oldest recorded date that I know of is the one I just posted in the 1500's but I'm sure there were others before that, just haven't researched it enough.

We are vain if we think our leaders are the only ones who experience divine visitations, and even more vain if we think we are the only ones who see visions of heaven/the afterlife/resurrected beings, such as Mary...

I've read many many many accounts of what heaven looks like, by those who have had near death experiences and I've had the image of Mary Magdalene flash before my own eys and have felt the power and love of Christ that emminates from him...

It's nothing like I've ever felt before or since. I wanted it to last forever and it wil as soon as Christ comes again...

I've also heard the singing/music of heaven, while sitting in sacrament meeting and later asked my wife if she heard it too and to my astonishment she said yes.

It's worth all the garbage in this life just to be able to hear that singing/musci again as well as the feeling that flooded my being when in the presence of Christ for literally a second...as was the singing for just a second..

Just a glimpse of the feelings and sounds of heaven, with Christ as the center, he being our means of salvation and exaltation in that place...

Heavenly Father is humble to and recognizes who's brought us back to him... What a great sacrifice Christ has made on our behalf...

Mary only wants to help lead as many people as she can to her son...

FFH

Veteran Member
This is a quote from Mary, to one of the six visinaries in Medjugorje, Bosnia

"Know for certain that I am the perfect and perpetual Virgin Mary, Mother of the True God...."
Do you even read this?
SHE IS NOT THE MOTHER OF GOD.

she is the mother of Christ in the Flesh.

She is a Daughter of God just like every woman here.

She is Christ's Sister, just liek she is everyone's SISTER.

Do you even think about what is said?
Yes, of course and I scrutinize everything I read.

Mary is the mother of Jesus Christ, who became God in the flesh and took upon himself our sins, if we would but repent.

Mary is the mother of God the Son. Jesus Christ is God, just as/in the same regard as Heavenly Father is God...

Christ states over and over in the Old Testament that he is God and then in the New Testament he becomes "God in the flesh," then becomes a resurrected being, who is God and revelator/inspirer of the New Testament, through men/the prophets and apostles of the New Testament.

Christ said, in Revelation, "I am the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega"..

Christ was God/creator of this world before this world was created and before coming to earth...

I grew up in the church, attended LDS seminary for four years at Highland High school in Salt Lake CIty, Utah, and then later two years on a mission to Tokyo, Japan, and upon returning continued to study the scriptures for another 20 years which has taught me this basic truth, that Christ is the God of the Old and New Testament, as well as the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants. Christ was the one speaking to Joseph Smith in all thos revelations of the Doctrine and Covenants, that's why Heavenly Father said, "This is my beloved Son, here ye him".

Christ, he is God/God the Son.

FFH

Veteran Member
Again, another quote from Mary...

"your merciful Mother, the Mother of all who love me, of those who cry to me, of those who have confidence in me. Here I will hear their weeping and their sorrows . . . their necessities and misfortunes . . . Listen and let it penetrate your heart . . . Do not be troubled or weighed down with grief. Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle? In the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else you need?"

Dude, seriously, She is telling people to pray to her, to have confidence [Faith] in her.

She is not my mother. she is my sister, she is a daughter of our heavently father, and i am a son of our heavenly father.

I only pray to my heavenly father. I will never pray to anyoen else because of the 2nd COMMANDMENT. "thou shalt have no other Gods before me."

Why would hevenly father send revelation of this kind and have his "messenger" tell his peopel to pray to her.

this is ludacris FFH.
Mary states, "Am I not your fountain of life" I realize this could seem like a red flag, if you were not to read it more carefully with a better understanding of what she's saying.

She's "a" source of life for them, "a" connection to Christ and the Father, just as Christ is our connection to the Father.

She becomes a link to heaven (a fountain of life) not (the fountain of life), who is Jesus Christ...

If she said "I am the fountain of life" that would definitely be a red flag, but she didn't say that, she said "your fountain of life"..

A false prophet or an antichrist would use that term "the," for instance, he/she would say, "I am the Christ or the new Christ"...

I scrutinize everthing I read too...

Again, I'm gonna get real personal at the risk of being labeled...

I've seen Mary Magdalene in her resurrected and exalted state, just for a second, just enought to see what she looked like, what she was wearing and feel what she was feeling.. She is more beautiful than any woman I've ever seen in this life at least what I think is beautiful....dark long straight hair perfect thin straight face, just saw her profile, though, she was looking upward as if worshipping or absorbing pure love of a higher being, whom I felt was Jesus Christ, whom she was looking at...

The image came and went very very fast...

She, Mary Magdalene, was wearing the same type of clothes and colors, as described by these visionaries, as Mary has been seen wearing. A perfect depiction of the deep blue color I saw Mary Magdalene wearing, and also these visionaires see Mary wearing, is represented in the Catholic picture of Mary a few pages back ...I'll post it here too.

This alone was enough to verify, to me, these visionaries have actually seen Mary, as a resurected exalted being. They both have the same type of beautiful robes, pearl white with gold and deep blues, also Mary Magdalene had a deep maroon color on as an accent/sash of some sort....

A picture appeared in the Ensign a few months back, with a representation of Mary Magdalene on the cover wearing what similarly and accurately depicted what I saw..

I was allowed to feel what Mary Magdalene was feeling, which was the pure love of Christ, which emminated from her, because she was full of this pure love, which she was sharing...

FFH

Veteran Member
This image is so amazingly close to what I saw, with her, Mary Magdalene's, head looking upward, yet facing the other direction with a deep maroon sash on and gold trim on the robe, just as seen here, but also with another deep blue accent/sash of some sort, like Mary, the mother of Jesus is seen wearing in the visions of those in Medjugorje..

Ii was in a little bit of shock when I saw this issue of the Ensign come out. I knew it was inspired, especially to have her dressed like that. In gold, maroon and white and looking upward at Christ, which I also saw her doing and wearing the same type of robe with a sash and the same colors, but with a deep blue sash/accent also. Mary the mother of Jesus is said to be wearing a deep blue, which Mary Magdalene had on too.

Nearly identicle to what I saw..
Truly inspired image/portrayal
en07jun_cover_small.jpg

Here below, in this image of Mary, is the same deep blue color and gold trim, I also saw Mary Magdalene wearing.

It was like the speed of a the flash on a camera, the image came and went quickly, but I saw the colors she was wearing and her beautiful profile, in exactly the same angle shown above, she was looking upward and saw only her profile and felt the pure love of Christ emminate from her which very quickly flooded my being.

No one can live and stll be in the presence of Christ, it's too overwhelming... I knew I had felt what it would be like to be near Jesus.

Only with our resurrected bodies will we be able to stand before Christ...

Jospeph Smith's body must have been transformed in order to stand before Christ and our Heavenly Father.

This is a very special image for Catholics and for another Medjugorje visionary.
soufanieh.jpg

I'm in no way deceived by Satan.

FFH

Veteran Member
Madhatter said:
Dude, seriously, She is telling people to pray to her
She never once asked anyone to pray to her, but rather pray to the Father..
to have confidence [Faith] in her. [/quote=Madhatter] Is it wrong to say to a child have confidence in my, everything will be alright ?????????

She's acting as a spiritual mother of those who have chosen to believe in her Son, just as Christ becomes our spirtual father when we repent of our sins and follow him...

Look it up, it's in the Book of Mormon, Christ refers to himself as our Father and we his children, when we repent of our sins an come unto him..

He is also the elder brother of our spirits, Mary being our spirit sister, but our spirtual mother.

Jesus has spiritually begotten us as his sons and daughters, through his atonement and our repentance, so is it too far of a stretch to say Mary has also spirtually begotten us, by the role she played as the child bearer of Jesus Christ/God in the flesh flesh, and thus becomes our spiritual mother/nurturer ???????

I've seen this image shed real human tears..

There is also something very special about this image..

guada.gif

Our Lady of Guadalupe
Mexico, 1531

Words of the Blessed Virgin spoken to Juan Diego
December 9th and 12th 1531
Guadalupe, Mexico

"Know for certain that I am the perfect and perpetual Virgin Mary, Mother of the True God . . . here I will show and offer all my love, my compassion, my help and protection to the people. I am your merciful Mother, the Mother of all who love me, of those who cry to me, of those who have confidence in me. Here I will hear their weeping and their sorrows . . . their necessities and misfortunes . . . Listen and let it penetrate your heart . . . Do not be troubled or weighed down with grief. Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle? In the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else you need?"

Other Marian apparitions

Apparitions - Blessed Virgin Mary - Messages of Our Lady

ayani

um... can i ask a question of the Latter-day Saints here?

isn't there an LDS doctrine about a Heavenly Mother? as i understand it, Mormons don't talk about Her much, but it seems odd, MadHatter, that you would so confidently reject the idea of the Virgin Mary being holy and a source of Godly inspiration while the Latter-day Saints also have the idea of a Heavenly Mother.

what paralels, if any, might exist between the Catholic Virgin Mary and the LDS Heavenly Mother? i find the possibility of similarities really interesting, and would welcome responses!

madhatter85

Transhumanist
There is no specific doctrine regarding a heavely mother.

we believe that only man and woman together become a "god" in the celestial kingdom.

so our heavenly mother could NEVER be the "The Mother Mary" seeign as she was BORN. GOD (Our Heavenly father) already HAS a PHYSICAL BODY, and our Heavenly Mother would also have a PHYSICAL BODY. the "mother mary" is not the mother of "God" and she would never say that.

I have heard speculation that there is no refrence to a heavely mother to keep her from being disrepected. that our heavenly father did not want that to happen so he never mentioned her. and i would understand that.

the "mother mary" will never appear like that to give true "revelation"

FFH. you are so screwed up in the head over this i feel extremely sorry for you.

ayani

still, you don't see the correlations? Catholics also believe that Mary as taken up into heaven bodily, (the assumption), and that she reigns there as Queen of Heaven. so there's another correlation...

but Mary *is* the mother of God, acording to most Christian beliefs, right? if you believe that Jesus was God incarnate or a member of the Godhead, than yes, Mary is the mother of God on some level. and as such, is kind of like everyone's mother, in a way. alot like the LDS Heavenly Mother, in a way, as She presumably united with Heavenly Father to create us, right?

FFH

Veteran Member
There is no specific doctrine regarding a heavely mother.

we believe that only man and woman together become a "god" in the celestial kingdom.

so our heavenly mother could NEVER be the "The Mother Mary" seeign as she was BORN. GOD (Our Heavenly father) already HAS a PHYSICAL BODY, and our Heavenly Mother would also have a PHYSICAL BODY. the "mother mary" is not the mother of "God" and she would never say that.

I have heard speculation that there is no refrence to a heavely mother to keep her from being disrepected. that our heavenly father did not want that to happen so he never mentioned her. and i would understand that.

the "mother mary" will never appear like that to give true "revelation"

FFH. you are so screwed up in the head over this i feel extremely sorry for you.
Makes me smile, because I know for sure what I've posted here is true and correct.

Mary can be called our spiritual mother, no harm in that, because we are spiritually begotten by her, by our belief in her Son Jesus Christ and our personal repentance

Just as Jesus is our spiritual father, we are spiritually begotten by him, by our belief him and our personal repentance.

Heavenly Father and Mother are the literal father and mother of our spirits, not Mary of course...

Nothing I've said here contradicts LDS doctrine..

FFH

Veteran Member
still, you don't see the correlations? Catholics also believe that Mary as taken up into heaven bodily, (the assumption), and that she reigns there as Queen of Heaven. so there's another correlation...
Yes, definitely she would be a Queen in Heaven, just like any of us can be if we meet all the necessary requirements...

but Mary *is* the mother of God, acording to most Christian beliefs, right?
Yes, absolutely she is. She's the mother of God the Son of the Old and New Testament, but not God the Father of course, whom God the Son is working under the direction of...

So yes she is the "mother of God" no doubt about that..Just most LDS don't understand this...they just see Jesus as Jesus in the flesh, not God, "the beginning and the end, the ALpha and Omega...the "I AM"...

if you believe that Jesus was God incarnate or a member of the Godhead, than yes, Mary is the mother of God on some level.
Correcte
and as such, is kind of like everyone's mother,
exactly and it brings many comfort who may not have earthly mothers or who do and they are abused by them physically and/or mentally....
in a way. alot like the LDS Heavenly Mother, in a way
She's our spiritual mother and can be a mentor, but she's not the spirit mother of our spirits, she didn't co-create our spirits....that was done by our Heavenly Mother and Father....
presumably united with Heavenly Father to create us, right?
No, I wouldn't say that at all, rather Mary was created spritually by a Heavenly Father and Mother, as was Jesus, who is our elder brother, Mary being a sister of our spirits...

Jesus and Mary are our literal spirit body kindreds...but "spiritually can be called our Father and Mother for what they've done for us, in affording us salvation, by their sacrifices and yes Mary did sacrafice much of her own conforts and shame by bringing Christ into the world, many thinking she had had an illigitimate child...verses a child of God the Father, who was/is God the Son.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
you don't even see the difference in doctrine?

everything you have been saying about these women and the so called "Mother Mary" are in complete opposition to LDS teachings.

I'm sorry for you buddy, there is no spirit in the words they are saying, nothing but deception.

I'm done trying to argue this with you because you don't listen and you are way too wrapped up in what you think is "the spirit" to realize you are being deceived.

If you ever look back and ponder the things i have said, which i hope you do, and compare that to LDS doctrine, the words of the prophets, and church leaders, the doctrine and covenants. you will see the truth.

i hope you follow the true spirit and let it guide you to the real truth.

FFH

Veteran Member
you don't even see the difference in doctrine?
Dude you are totally misreading my posts...open your eyes man...

everything you have been saying about these women and the so called "Mother Mary" are in complete opposition to LDS teachings.
Really, didn't know there were any teachings against what I've posted so far, could you please reference those teachings here

...there are none...

I'm sorry for you buddy, there is no spirit in the words they are saying, nothing but deception.
Don't worry about me, worry about yourself, get yourself married in the temple as soon as possible...that's all that really matters, this stuff is just about biulding one's faith, nothing more..

Salvation and exaltation are first priority for you man... get you wife to recognize that...she needs the gospel, just like my wife did/does, she's a Catholic convert to the church...

Families are forever man, teach that to her and the sealing powers of the temple, which break the barriers/chains of this life.

Don't get hung up on what I've posted here, I'm just looking for other ways to strengthen my already very strong faith in Heavenly Father and his Son, Jesus Christ, just learning about Mary now too and her role in helping to comort us.. I have alreay had a visit paid to me by Christ, he pulled me literally out of a deep deep despair, only he could have fixed....

I weeped uncotrollably in his presence as I felt his presence enter into my tiny one bedroom dubplex on two occasions and then a third almost a year later, just to check up on me I guess..I'm doing soooo much better now.

Spent a whole year injured as the result of a motorcycle accident, that's when I started posting here, since I could not stand for more than a half hour at a time, without extreme pain...so layed in bed for nearly a year. It was no good, but it got me to start posting here..

I'm done trying to argue this with you because you don't listen and you are way too wrapped up in what you think is "the spirit" to realize you are being deceived.
Listening goes both ways. Are you hearing/really reading what I've posted here. Mary in no way is the mother of our spirits. Will just leave it at that so you won't get confused as to what I'm saying here..

She's just a spiritual mother to many good Christians throughout the world...

I've seen a whole Hispanic community rally around a weeping Mary image, saw the image weep myself, very moving experience, as one very very beautiful Hispanic young lady approached the image, to wipe the tears from the images face. The image only wept when she approached the image sobbing uncontrollably... This very beautiful Hispanic young girl wept as she appraoched the image and in turn the image wept as well... Amazing experience to see...

The image was the same as the one above. Guadalupe image above, very beautiful image...

I
f you ever look back and ponder the things i have said, which i hope you do, and compare that to LDS doctrine, the words of the prophets, and church leaders, the doctrine and covenants. you will see the truth.
I already know the truth, and am not contradicting it in any way...READ WHAT I REALLY WROTE, rather than what you think I wrote..

i hope you follow the true spirit and let it guide you to the real truth.
Don't worry man no one here needs saving...I'm already saved and am assured exaltation in the highest kingdom, because of the sacred covenants I've entered into in the Salt Lake temple with my wife, nothing short of me murdering someone will ever break that sealing/covenant...NOTHING, as stated and guaranteed in the 132 section of the Doctrine and Covenants..

NOTHING>..

I get a wonderful wonderful feeling about these Mary miracles and apparitions, they are very close to my heart for some reason...

I haven't even told you all that I've witnessed/experienced, as far as miracles go. Many miracles I've experience in my life...

FFH

Veteran Member
Mary is the earthly mother of God in the flesh, who is Jesus Christ, his spirit having been created by our Heavenly mother and father...

Mary is a very very very special person...and an exalted resurrected being who has appeared to many, just as Moroni has appeared to Joseph Smith, to give instruction and encouragement...

Bishka

Veteran Member
FFH you don't see it do you? Do you really think you are right after so many LDS members have pointed out that it is not in harmony with the LDS teachings?

Go ask your bishop about it, perhaps right a letter to the First Presidency. I would really like to see where that leads us. I can tell you, not one LDS person will agree with you on this.

So whose right? All the LDS who disagree or you? Is your pride really going to take you that far?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
God in the flesh?
Jesus was the son of God, not God himself.
Thats what I learned in sunday school anyway.

Mary is to be honored for her role as Jesus's mom on Earth, but not prayed to.

wa:do

FFH

Veteran Member
FFH you don't see it do you? Do you really think you are right after so many LDS members have pointed out that it is not in harmony with the LDS teachings?

Go ask your bishop about it, perhaps right a letter to the First Presidency. I would really like to see where that leads us. I can tell you, not one LDS person will agree with you on this.

So whose right? All the LDS who disagree or you? Is your pride really going to take you that far?
Becky, my bishop is a wonderful man, he helped me get back on my feet again, when I was unable to work for over a year or stand for any length of time.

He would do anything for anybody, he's sooo generous and also went to the very same mission I did, Tokyo South, Japan mission. I couldn't believe it when he said it...

He brought life back into my life, literally. He gave me a blessing about a year ago in my home and ever since then I've been okay, no worries...

I don't know how he did it but he helped me with my self esteem issues also, no one has ever been able to do that, but him, in just a few personal conversations with him in my home, in his car, at the front door, when he would come over and check up on my...

I've never ever met a more Christ-like bishop in my life. So tender and loving towards me, which most are not, but judge me very harshly...

He absolutely had no criticisms of me whatsoever and it turned my life around, while I was in a deep deep despair, because of my motorcycle accident, which left me unable to work...

I quickly was able to return to work, my foot being healed enough to work again, thanks to his priesthood blessing and another seperate blessing from my Elders Quorum President, who lives next door to me. He is also a wonderful wonderful man.

This area of Utah is sooo great, I love it here. South Jordan is a special place.

I watch the progress of the temple going up just up the street from me, as I go to and from work and run my errands. It's going to be a very breath taking temple to see when it's finished. It's on a great great spot in which the whole valley from both sides will be able to see at night when lit up...

Very cool...

It's the one on 11000 S and 4000 W. I live on 2400 W and 11400 S..

It's the Oquirre Mountain temple..Oquirrh Mountain Utah LDS (Mormon) Temple

Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It will be beautiful, I'm sure..

It will be cool to have a temple that close..but the South Jordan temple is also close, 10600 S and 1300 W and another will be going up on 13400 S and about 4000 W, just down the street from where I'm posting now on 13400 S and 5600 W..

I'll be surrounded by temples...hehe...;) Sort of like guardian angels for this area..

Very special area for sure..

FFH

Veteran Member
God in the flesh?
Jesus was the son of God, not God himself.
Thats what I learned in sunday school anyway.

Mary is to be honored for her role as Jesus's mom on Earth, but not prayed to.

wa:do
Sure Jesus was the Son of God the Father, who begat God the Son, who became the Jesus Christ the Son of Man and the only son of God the Father, begotten in the flesh, Jesus being God the Son, who created this earth..

Jesus is God the Son, how can that not be any clearer.

When Moses was taken up/went up to Mt. Sinai, he talked with God the Son, not God the Father...

Jesus Christ is the God of the Old and New Testament and of the Book of Mormon.

Jesus Christ is God (God the Son)....He also being our Father, since he has "spiritually" begotten us, this is scripturally sound doctrine...

Mary can also be our "spiritual" mother... There is nothing wrong in saying this.. This is not an evil thing to say this and that's all anyone is saying and no one is praying to Mary, but rather praying to God that they would gain a better understanding of what they must do in these last days and as a result they are receiving answers to prayers by Mary, and there is nothing wrong with this either, just as Moronit appeared to Joseph Smith in answer to prayer, in order to further instruct him on what to do to find the "gold" plates, which he translated into the Book of Mormon..

Just as many cannot accept this, so most will not accept Mary appearing to men and women in the world to give instruction and encouragement..

It's just nice to know that there is a "mother" figure who cares about us deeply and why wouldn't she, she also gave up her Son as did our Heeavenly Father. She sacrificed a lot for us... We owe her some respect here people.

Show some respect at least okay ??? How would you feel if you were in Mary's shoes and no one cared about what you had sacrificed for the world ???

She weeps for unrepentant souls who will find themselves in an aweful place if they don't repent and believe in her Son, Jesus Christ...

FFH

Veteran Member
This is going up just 20 blocks from where I live, here in South Jordan, Utah..

Yaaaaaaa.....

It will be cool to see every day and night on my way to work and back home again...

A constant reminder to live worthy of my covenants I've made in the Salt Lake temple with my wife..

I'm not a wacked out Mormon, but very very grounded in my faith and know what's really important in this life and what will last into the eternities, families who are sealed together in these holy temples of the Lord..

Yaaaaaa pretty..

Oquirre Mountain Temple, South Jordan, Utah
Construction will be finished in 2009
Oquirrh Mountain Utah LDS (Mormon) Temple

FFH

Veteran Member
If one does not believe Mary is the Mother of God, then that same person does not know scripture or who Jesus Christ/God is....

Scriptures are to be read, not placed on a shelf...

I would never want to hear the words, "I never knew you," from Christ, when I'm judged...