• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

message of Christianity

syo

the message of Christianity and what is unique in Christianity is strong faith. Christian is the one who has strong faith. Jesus said that if you have strong faith you can move mountains. Miracles only happen with strong faith. Paganism doesn't have faith nor miracles. But if we rule out faith, that would be ugly, no?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
the message of Christianity and what is unique in Christianity is strong faith. Christian is the one who has strong faith. Jesus said that if you have strong faith you can move mountains. Miracles only happen with strong faith. Paganism doesn't have faith nor miracles. But if we rule out faith, that would be ugly, no?
What do you mean? Ruling out faith would make what ugly? Paganism?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Depends on what you mean by the word 'faith'. If it is the ordinary confidence we have in people around us, that would be very sad to lose. But religious faith? I think that is a different story.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Jesus statement is that it takes only a tiny amount of faith to move a mountain, which is opposite of requiring strong faith I think. The message of a cult leader will usually be a requirement for strong faith directly or indirectly in themselves. Many religions require this, and it can also happen in politics.

David T

Premium Member
christianity is very strong in "reality is virtual" probably do to the excessive influence of reductionism historically. Its pure nonsene but hey its "normal".

syo

Depends on what you mean by the word 'faith'. If it is the ordinary confidence we have in people around us, that would be very sad to lose. But religious faith? I think that is a different story.
I mean faith that makes us strong to live our lives. Faith to do the good thinks. In my opinion :)

syo

Jesus statement is that it takes only a tiny amount of faith to move a mountain, which is opposite of requiring strong faith I think. The message of a cult leader will usually be a requirement for strong faith directly or indirectly in themselves. Many religions require this, and it can also happen in politics.
ahh yes, I remembered the passage wrongly. well, the point is that faith is good if it exists in our lives. think a sick person and a placebo :)

syo

Strong faith is unique to Christianity? So other religions don't have any adherents with strong faith?
we orthodox christians say that christianity does NOT have evidence. everything christianity says isn't proven. so we gotta have faith. faith makes us different from other people.

I don't know about other religions. Greek paganism (my secret religion that I hide from public) does not have faith.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Could you elaborate on the statement "miracles only happen with strong faith?" Why would this be the case? What do you consider a miracle? What do you consider faith? Wouldn't the practice of spellcraft/magic - found in many Pagan religions both past and present - be comparable to miracles occurring due to strong faith?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
we orthodox christians say that christianity does NOT have evidence. everything christianity says isn't proven. so we gotta have faith. faith makes us different from other people.

I don't know about other religions. Greek paganism (my secret religion that I hide from public) does not have faith.

You say you don't know about other religions, yet in regards to faith, you suggest only Christians have it. Maybe it's time to study some other faiths. I don't think there is much 'evidence' for any faith group, so all of us religious folks of any religion are relying on faith. I know I am.

syo

Could you elaborate on the statement "miracles only happen with strong faith?" Why would this be the case? What do you consider a miracle? What do you consider faith? Wouldn't the practice of spellcraft/magic - found in many Pagan religions both past and present - be comparable to miracles occurring due to strong faith?
This is a huge topic. Orthodox Christians say that magic is from the devil, while faith is by god. they think that people who are sick for example, if they do magic to heal them they will evoke satan. BUT if they pray and have faith to god, they will receive true blessings.

syo

You say you don't know about other religions, yet in regards to faith, you suggest only Christians have it. Maybe it's time to study some other faiths. I don't think there is much 'evidence' for any faith group, so all of us religious folks of any religion are relying on faith. I know I am.
Christianity speaks of the biggest fraud that is the dead will rise. You gotta have faith for this stupidity to be believed. :)

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My meaning of faith.

faith= believe with no evidence :)
My definition of religious faith is that it has nothing to do with belief of the mind. It has to do with belief of the heart, not ideas and claims that others make that you give mental acknowledgement to, especially that nonsense fundamentalists call faith which denies direct contradictory evidence against certain claims. Religious faith has absolutely nothing to do with that. Faith = Intuition. The heart "knows" what the head cannot fathom. Just that. The only real "belief" when it comes to spiritual truth, is that of the heart, not of the mind of reason.