• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Merry Christmas on Christmas Eve!

Jonathan Bailey

It doesn't look or feel like Christmas at all in Lawton, Oklahoma. 66 outside now and sunny. Not a flake of snow anywhere. Does Christmas now look white in your town and state in the lower 48? Back in 1990 I was stationed at Fort Sill in the army. It had a wind chill factor of minus 35 that winter! Windy. Snowfall and ice all over the roads. It's a sure sign of global climate change.

What kind of presents does Santa Claus now usually bring good boys and girls these days?

I am age 55 now and going back to 1969, 50 years ago. The things young boys, ages 5 to 8, as myself got were:

-steel Tonka trucks and tractors, not the cheesy plastic ones or today
-battery-operated toys as robots, helicopters, space capsules, cars, etc.
-clothes
-winter boots
-a battery-operated telephone that sang "Happy Birthday to you" in a woman's sweet voice when the receiver was lifted even though it wasn't my birthday Christmas morning
-Lionel electric trains
-Hot Wheels cars
-bicycles
-pedal toys as a yellow Western Flyer farm tractor
-stuffed animals as a giraffe, a teddy bear and Tony the Tiger
-the Best of the West collection with Johnny West, cowboys and horses and such
-SST toy vehicles
-little red wagons
-farm animal play sets with barns
-Mickey Mouse watches
-a toy cash register
-games
-candy
-playing cards
-books
-puzzles
-Etch a Sketch

Nothing electronic or computerized for Christmas except maybe a transistor radio, a clock radio, a cassette recorder, a Panasonic Dynamite 8 portable 8-track player, a Unisonic hand-held calculator and a small portable 12" black and white Zenith television when I got older.

Certainly not arcade games, computers or smartphones. Children of the baby-boom era enjoyed a youthful and innocent childhood.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I wish you and all the members, may they have their wishes at this time.

My wife and self are going to slob-out for the whole day, lazing around and eating goodies. We'll clutch hot water bottles to our tummies all day on Boxing day! :p

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
lens10002241_1268685301festivus_1.jpeg

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
It doesn't look or feel like Christmas at all in Lawton, Oklahoma. 66 outside now and sunny. Not a flake of snow anywhere. Does Christmas now look white in your town and state in the lower 48? Back in 1990 I was stationed at Fort Sill in the army. It had a wind chill factor of minus 35 that winter! Windy. Snowfall and ice all over the roads. It's a sure sign of global climate change.

What kind of presents does Santa Claus now usually bring good boys and girls these days?

I am age 55 now and going back to 1969, 50 years ago. The things young boys, ages 5 to 8, as myself got were:

-steel Tonka trucks and tractors, not the cheesy plastic ones or today
-battery-operated toys as robots, helicopters, space capsules, cars, etc.
-clothes
-winter boots
-a battery-operated telephone that sang "Happy Birthday to you" in a woman's sweet voice when the receiver was lifted even though it wasn't my birthday Christmas morning
-Lionel electric trains
-Hot Wheels cars
-bicycles
-pedal toys as a yellow Western Flyer farm tractor
-stuffed animals as a giraffe, a teddy bear and Tony the Tiger
-the Best of the West collection with Johnny West, cowboys and horses and such
-SST toy vehicles
-little red wagons
-farm animal play sets with barns
-Mickey Mouse watches
-a toy cash register
-games
-candy
-playing cards
-books
-puzzles
-Etch a Sketch

Nothing electronic or computerized for Christmas except maybe a transistor radio, a clock radio, a cassette recorder, a Panasonic Dynamite 8 portable 8-track player, a Unisonic hand-held calculator and a small portable 12" black and white Zenith television when I got older.

Certainly not arcade games, computers or smartphones. Children of the baby-boom era enjoyed a youthful and innocent childhood.
Scrooge please. I loved the hell out of my remote control toy 4X4 truck as a wee nipper of 6 back in the 90s. It could do tricks, had a rechargeable battery and best of all I could beat the boys in races and even crush their tiny sissy toy cars while I was at it. Hehe.
I had a pedal car. Used to pedal as fast as I could and brake hard to do the “skids.” Wore out the tyres lol
Hours spent outside pretending we were in Middle Earth. Dodging spiders and snakes.
Various Disney movies on VHS, remote pet robot thingys, some beach toys, books, games, toys.
Man I had a blast in my innocent youthful childhood. The tech was equally as fun and innocent. Still is. I got my niece a funny little remote Mickey Mouse toy thing. (But I will get her something Batman later. Hehe.)
Now it’s all booze, which to be fair is equally fun to get during the holidays now I’m an adult.

Hope your Christmas was awesome

Last edited: