• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Merkel

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
...and the rest have finally formed a coalition government after about 6 months of farting around.

But no-one cared because it is Europe, or something.

Last edited:

Srivijaya

I kind of have the feeling that the wheels are coming off western democracy at the moment.

Merkel goofed big time with her unilateral approach to the refugee problem - no consultation, just 'come to Germany'. Blindly ignoring all the countries that these people would need to pass through to get there; countries that hadn't been asked or consulted, like Hungary, Austria and the Balkan States. Look at the reverberations around the EU lands now and also within Germany itself.

Add to that the Catalonian issue, Italy and Brexit and things are not looking as nice as they did, even ten years ago.

Most contributors on RF are from the US, so Europe doesn't much feature on their radar.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
No link yet. Oh well.

In case anyone is wondering, I would love to have Merkel calling the shots here in Brazil. At the very least, she has a functional understanding of what it is like to actually do something as a politician. Ours are useless at the best of times.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The EU is counting on the great traitor Merkel and the globalist bankster clown Macron to set the example.....good luck with that.

Flankerl

New No link yet. Oh well.

For what?
The SPD said after the election that they wouldn't do another "Grand Coalition" only say "screw it" and do it anyway.
Another 4 years of political standstill in a country that can't do with political standstill.

In case anyone is wondering, I would love to have Merkel calling the shots here in Brazil. At the very least, she has a functional understanding of what it is like to actually do something as a politician.

lmao
Her thing is that she's not doing anything. She waits and waits and waits until the coast is clear and the outcome obvious to then support it.

That is all she does.

The one time she didn't do it 1,5 million people marched over the border.

Great stuff.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
For what?
The SPD said after the election that they wouldn't do another "Grand Coalition" only say "screw it" and do it anyway.
Another 4 years of political standstill in a country that can't do with political standstill.

lmao
Her thing is that she's not doing anything. She waits and waits and waits until the coast is clear and the outcome obvious to then support it.

That is all she does.

The one time she didn't do it 1,5 million people marched over the border.

Great stuff.

Apparently people like her so much they vote in droves

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
...and the rest have finally formed a coalition government after about 6 months of farting around.

But no-one cared because it is Europe, or something.

They probably cared in Europe.

I do somewhat envy their system, as I was looking at the graph showing the election results (Merkel promises Germany action in EU)

_97998943_germanelectionfinal-nc.png

They've got six parties with representation, and none of them has an absolute majority. I would sure like to see something like that in America. That would be more democratic.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Let me guess. Only right-wing leaders are honest and effective?
Funny thing is the so-dubbed far right were right all along when it came to mass immigration and all along they were called racist, bigots, nazis etc. Merkel finally admitted it was a huge "mistake" and now Germany is actually paying immigrants to leave. The Russians were blamed not for Merkel's defeat (obviously she won) but because she didn't get as many votes as they thought she should have. On further investigation the Germans found zero evidence of Russian involvement so they then blamed People from the United States for making far-right posts on various social media and this is the reason for the victories of the AfD. It seems their arrogance and the belief of their infallibility has blinded them to the fact that times and social currents have been changing for years so they need to find someone or something to blame. They know they are losing control and this seems to be the reason for the push for more censorship in Western countries and social media and why you shouldn't mind- Keep out the bad thoughts, close your eyes, go to sleep.