• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

meogi - Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

meogi

Name: James Huff

Birthday: 5-28-1984

Sign: Gemini

Location: Bozeman, Montana (Live on campus at Montana State University)

Interest: Computers, Video Games, Outdoor activities (mainly Whitewater Rafting), Learning

Occupation: Student (Computer Science). During the summer I'm one of two IT guys for the Hematology/Oncology department of the hospital in Billings.

Religion/Non-Religion: Athiest. I don't believe in the supernatural. I do take to heart some of the Eastern religion's teachings, but nothing involving supernatural occurances. There's some Secular Humanism in me too, I think.

Origin of Life View: Abiogenisis.

Political Spectrum: None. I try to stear clear of politics. When I have to, I base what I say on what I know about the issue.

Biggest Pet peeve: Fear and the hate it causes. If not that, men who take a leak in a public stall without putting the seat up.

Awards/Certificates: None that I know of. I'm quite proficient in C, C++, Java, Lisp, and web development/programming though.

Favorite proverb: "Shoot a nuke down a bug hole, you got a lotta dead bugs." - Ace :)

"Love is being stupid together." - No idea, but it's true.

Favorite TV shows: South Park, Firefly, Simpsons

Favorite Movie Series: Star Wars. Non-series wise, however, my top 3 movies would be: 1) The 5th Element, 2) Starship Troopers, and 3) Real Genius

Favorite Music Genre: Trance. Although I love all music! :D

Blog: Negative. Tried to do it for a while at http://www.jamesinjapan.com but gave up. I do write journals, but they are private. :) Check out the site for a bunch of pics from Japan though!

E-mail: mr_meogi at hotmail.com OR jhuff at montana.edu

IM:AOL: Tiberium33, ICQ: 27112101, MSN: mr_meogi at hotmail.com

Buttercup

Veteran Member
What exactly is trance music? I've been wondering that for awhile.

Nice to know more about you Meogi. :) Montana is gorgeous. Glacier National Park is one of the prettiest places on the planet.

meogi

Trance is a form of techno/dance music. I guess to be classified as trance, the music has to appear to be approaching a climax, without ever actually reaching it. Inside the genre, vocal trance is my favorite (trance with lyrics, generally somewhat repetative).

Check out Gigi D'Agostino ('inventor' of mediterranean trance), DJ Tiesto, and for compilations of trance stuff, DJ Chewmacca.

:)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Thanks for the link. I like techno and dance music put prefer no lyrics. I'm sure I'll find something on the site though! :)

robtex

Veteran Member
James, how did you fare with the language while in Japan? What stood out about their culture to you? What books and authors do you like to read?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
My husband had family who lived in Bozeman for years. What's it like? We never had the opportunity to visit.

And I too am curious about Trance.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Buttercup said:
Thanks for the link. I like techno and dance music put prefer no lyrics. I'm sure I'll find something on the site though! :)
It's not so much singing lyrics as "floating away lyrics". Trance is teh sec-c.

men who take a leak in a public stall without putting the seat up.
LIFT IT UP YOU CRETINS!!!!!!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
It's surprising how little I knew about you....a vampire at the local hospital, hey ?:jiggy:

meogi

Victor said:
You like DJ Ferry Corsten?
Getting some of his stuff now! :D

Robtex said:
James, how did you fare with the language while in Japan?
Meh, poorly I think. Kansai Gaidai had a way of pampering its students... most of the Japanese students there spoke english (and spanish, french, german, chinese, and so on), and that's why they take so many exchange students... to help the Japanese improve with their chosen language. As such, most of my Japanese friends understood english, but didn't like speaking in it (much like me, hehe). So they'd speak in Japanese and I'd reply in english... worked out pretty well (as I still had the ability to with non-english speaking waiters and salesmen and such).

Robtex said:
What stood out about their culture to you?
Alcohol. Mmmm, booze.
Also, they are a very social, hierarchical society - rarely doing things alone and always very respectful. Most TV shows even have 'panels' who watch the show and give their opinion of it (during the show itself!)

Robtex said:
What books and authors do you like to read?
/shudder @ reading. I don't like to read much, but I enjoy Sci-fi and magical fiction. Ender's Game (the series), The Sword of Truth series (by Terry Goodkind), and Harry Potter are my favorites.

dawny0826 said:
My husband had family who lived in Bozeman for years. What's it like? We never had the opportunity to visit.
It's beautiful. Most of Montana is, really (except that dirty eastern plains area ;)). There's 2 easily accessable ski resorts (Big Sky and Bridger Bowl) and great camping/fishing at Highlight Lake. The Gallatin River is great for Whitewater rafting and fishing! :) It's also a college town, so there's a lot of stuff that college kids do as well.

michel said:
It's surprising how little I knew about you....a vampire at the local hospital, hey ?
Yea, I don't expose much of my life to too many people usually. I used to be very shy, but since going to Japan I've kinda gotton over it. And I'm no vampire! (It's mostly Chemotherapy, and who drinks that stuff!? ;))

1nharmony

A Coco-Nut
How much longer will you be at BSU, meogi? What are your plans after graduating? I have made many visits to family in Bozeman/Belgrade. It is wonderful in the summer, but too much freakin' freezin' white stuff in winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.