• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mental illness

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Do you think it's possible for someone to have a slight retardation of the brain even to the point of not being detected by a brain scan or human eye that would contribute to them committing a heinous crime?
We learn more every day. Evidence is mounting that more and more of a person's "choice" to commit various crimes is influenced by their upbringing, environment, nutrition, genetics and epigenetics, even whether their ancestors herded animals or came from rain forests. The brain is a very complicated organ and our knowledge about it is just beginning to unfold -- we are still very medieval in our understanding, so we have a whole new world to look forward to. Who knows what future discoveries will reveal.

We do already have evidence that psychopathy is a brain based disorder.

gnomon

Do you think it's possible for someone to have a slight retardation of the brain even to the point of not being detected by a brain scan or human eye that would contribute to them committing a heinous crime?

First off individuals who suffer from mental disorders are more likely to be victims of abuse and violence.

Second the use of the word "retardation" is pretty offensive. Second and a half I'm surprised it kept getting mentioned despite...ahem.....whatever.

Third their is no brain scan, eye scan or any other type of scan to find that someone would contribute to committing a heinous crime.

I would have so much more to say reading this absolutely ignorant thread....by everyone.

But everyone.....I mean everyone..........can go to an ice cream shop and find flies in their ice cream.

Yeah.......whatever.