• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mental health tips that some therapists give their clients

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings to all.

I hope you are enjoying your experience here on the forum this day.

Here's a little something I just found in my meanderings in cyberland.

The good news: This means that you have the power to enact real change in the way you think, behave, and cope on a daily basis. But you need to put in the work.

“There are 168 hours in a week,” licensed clinical psychologist John Mayer, Ph.D., author of Family Fit: Find Your Balance in Life, tells SELF. “It would be terribly arrogant on the part of a therapist to believe that your one-hour intervention will suffice to keep your clients mentally healthy for the rest of the 167 hours.”

But, we get it, therapy isn't always accessible to everyone. So, while this isn't meant to be a substitute for professional help, we asked mental health professionals to share the most impactful and least intimidating strategies that they typically give to their patients. If you're looking for mental health advice that you can start acting on immediately, try some of these tactics:

Read the full article here -

11 Little Mental Health Tips That Therapists Actually Give Their Patients

Wishing you all the best!

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I think you are advising dangerous things. Of course, you can read them for informational purposes, but if you have any mental health problems, then trying to find a solution in blogs and forums is a very bad idea. It is much better to find some service like OCD online therapy (Obsessive-compulsive disorder) where professional psychologists work and solve this problem with them.
Is it? As the OP stated, you won't always be able to be with your therapist, the article shared tips on how to maintain your mental well being when you're not with your therapist. It seems that the writer also talked to therapists to receive these tips, so it's not some advice people just pulled out of their behind.