• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mental health for difficult times!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings to anyone curious enough to click on this little thread of mine!

I hope you are all enjoying your time here on the forum today.

I found a few pointers about staying mentally healthy during challenging times like many are experiencing as we speak.

Here's a taste if you don't feel moved to click on the link - it has many many suggestions ...

The relationship between resilience and mental health -

Having solid mental health doesn’t mean that you never go through bad times or experience emotional problems. We all go through disappointments, loss, and change. And while these are normal parts of life, they can still cause sadness, anxiety, and stress. But just as physically healthy people are better able to bounce back from illness or injury, people with strong mental health are better able to bounce back from adversity, trauma, and stress. This ability is called resilience.

People who are emotionally and mentally resilient have the tools for coping with difficult situations and maintaining a positive outlook. They remain focused, flexible, and productive, in bad times as well as good. Their resilience also makes them less afraid of new experiences or an uncertain future. Even when they don’t immediately know how a problem will get resolved, they are hopeful that a solution will eventually be found.

You can also try this phrase in your favourite search engine -

Very well mind resilience

It's yet another great site out there in cyberland!

Wishing you all the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Speaking of resilience - warning this site uses colourful language at times - to make a point.

Here is a taste -

A couple of weeks ago, I was doing market research on mental health apps, downloading anything onto my phone related to relieving stress, anxiety, depression, and so on. I wanted to see what’s going on in that part of the industry and if maybe I wanted to drop a bunch of money into a sinkhole trying to make one myself.

Most of the apps advertise themselves as “self-care” apps. They have cute and fancy names intentionally misspelled by one letter. They promise to reduce anxiety, alleviate depression, and help you destress in difficult situations. And they all assure us that they’re based on the latest, greatest science.

I doodled around with them for a couple of days. Some were interesting and had cool features. Many did not. Some gave decent advice. Most did not. I made notes and then moved on.

But what I forgot was that I had left notifications on for all of them.

Read more here -

5 Ways to Build Resilience and Conquer Adversity

Wishing you all the best!