• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men: Why Don't You Use the Urinal?

Milton Platt

Its cleaner. The urinals seem designed to splash pee onto clothes. Why? Who invented these useless things? There's no problem peeing in a downward direction. We don't need to pee at the wall.

The equipment you are using has to be long enough to direct the flow......

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Do you mean if they’re using suspenders?
Erm, can't speak for others (never wear them),:oops: but many zips aren't long enough, such that one might have to unfasten a belt and lower one's trousers, and hence the issue, apart from the fact that as men get older the pressure drops and it's more a case of strangling the member than shaking it to get the last drops out. :oops:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
When I was a little kid, my mom didn't really want me going into the men's bathroom by myself because she was scared of rough men being there, so to speak. One of my most embarrassing times as a 5 year old was when I went into the general area where people wash their hands in the women's bathroom and a girl that looked 7 said, "Mommy, what is a boy doing in the women's bathroom?"

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey dudes,

There is an amazing invention present in most public men's restrooms. It's called: a urinal. Yet I note that many of you freely elect to walk right past a row of urinals (not because they're in use) and walk into a stall with a toilet, lift the seat (if I'm lucky), and take a leak.

Just...why? WHY??

(Please note: this line of questioning does not apply to trans dudes. You guys are off the hook.)

I’m a pee in private kinda guy. Probably an element of shy bladder syndrome.

HonestJoe

Just...why? WHY??
Safety mostly (actual or perceived depending where I am). I'm also not a fan or urinals because of the splashback issue others have mentioned and there is probably some subconscious embarrassment element too (which I'm aware is totally irrational).

I do always lift the seat (with a bit of toilet paper if necessary) so as long are there are cubicles free, why not?

HonestJoe

Can you expand on this?
Standing with your back to the room, your hands occupied and genitals exposed is naturally a vulnerable position :cool: . In plenty of rough pubs, you might get a "joking" nudge in the back and there is clearly a risk of more, however unlikely. There is certainly an element of irrational fear and there are plenty of places I will use a urinal without any great concern but given the choice, I just feel better in a cubicle.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
When I was a little kid, my mom didn't really want me going into the men's bathroom by myself because she was scared of rough men being there, so to speak. One of my most embarrassing times as a 5 year old was when I went into the general area where people wash their hands in the women's bathroom and a girl that looked 7 said, "Mommy, what is a boy doing in the women's bathroom?"

My son is probably at risk for this... We don't have to worry about it much now, because I am not allowing the kids in public places during this time, but after...

He can't go into the bathroom by himself. He'd never come out! He would probably also be a distraction/disturbance for others, and cause other men to come to this thread and talk about why they'll never use a urinal again.

He does have the advantage that he moves fast, and has super long hair going down his back. He doesn't look like a girl, but when a blob of blonde moves past you at the speed he does, no one questions.