• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men: Why Don't You Use the Urinal?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Hey dudes,

There is an amazing invention present in most public men's restrooms. It's called: a urinal. Yet I note that many of you freely elect to walk right past a row of urinals (not because they're in use) and walk into a stall with a toilet, lift the seat (if I'm lucky), and take a leak.

Just...why? WHY??

(Please note: this line of questioning does not apply to trans dudes. You guys are off the hook.)

Bashful Bladder syndrome.

Definition Bashful Bladder Syndrome is the inability to initiate urination when in the company of others. Description It has been estimated that one in ten Americans suffers to some degree from “bashfull bladder"

Most people use the bathroom in private and some can physically go when in public.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Hey dudes,

There is an amazing invention present in most public men's restrooms. It's called: a urinal. Yet I note that many of you freely elect to walk right past a row of urinals (not because they're in use) and walk into a stall with a toilet, lift the seat (if I'm lucky), and take a leak.

Just...why? WHY??

(Please note: this line of questioning does not apply to trans dudes. You guys are off the hook.)
Do they??
I use the urinals.
But our loos are either Gents or Ladies - so no sharing

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Bashful Bladder syndrome.

Definition Bashful Bladder Syndrome is the inability to initiate urination when in the company of others. Description It has been estimated that one in ten Americans suffers to some degree from “bashfull bladder"

Most people use the bathroom in private and some can physically go when in public.

I've had this too, though not always. Would you still pick a stall even if you were alone in the bathroom?

lostwanderingsoul

Makes me wonder how much time "left coast" spends in public restrooms watching to see how many men use urinals and how many use toilets. Sounds kinda creepy. Most guys get in and out as fast as they can.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've heard, from women, that some men can't hit the urinal to save their lives.

Personally I use a urinal much of the time. But I've learned that my voiding is more complete when I'm sitting down. In that I echo the science on the topic: For healthy men, no difference is found in any of the urodynamic parameters. In patients with LUTS, the sitting position is linked with an improved urodynamic profile. Urinating Standing versus Sitting: Position Is of Influence in Men with Prostate Enlargement. A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Nobody mentioned the 'pee anywhere' men or boys, raised in rural areas. I raised a 2 year old with that condition. (And I still have it, applicable in rural areas only) He was way too busy playing outside to bother coming inside, so he just decided he'd go wherever. A few people driving by noticed I imagine. So we decided to train him out of the habit. I bought a pack of Smarties, (like M and Ms) and offered to give him one every time he peed in the toilet. Being a smart boy (his mother's genetics) he figured that one out. Right away he goes to the bathroom, and lets out 2 dribbles, and I give him a Smartie. He turns around, goes back in, lets out 2 more dribbles, and demands another Smartie. Kids are smart.

Last edited:

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey dudes,

Just...why? WHY??

I am one of those guys you mention, who tends to walk straight past the urinals and head to a 'cubicle' if they are available.

I'm not a 'sit-down-to-peer' - always urinate standing up.

To be honest, it just comes down to personal choice - it's not really anything I'm consciously mulling over before doing it. I guess that I just instinctively prefer the privacy of a cubicle when peeing. Often there's none available, so I do happen to end up usung the urinals.

That's it, really. Not exactly quantum physics in my case and admittedly, I've never considered the matter in any great depth before this thread :grinning:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Nobody mentioned the 'pee anywhere' men or boys, raised in rural areas. I raised a 2 year old with that condition. (And I still have it, applicable in rural areas only) He was way too busy playing outside to bother coming inside, so he just decided he'd go wherever. A few people driving by noticed I imagine. So we decided to train him out of the habit. I bought a pack of Smarties, (like M and Ms) and offered to give him one every time he peed in the toilet. Being a smart boy (his mother's genetics) he figured that one out. Right away he goes to the bathroom, nad lets out 2 dribbles, and I give him a Smartie. He turns around, goes back in, lets out 2 more dribbles, and demands another Smartie. Kids are smart.

You dont need to be a child, this is a sight we see often (mostly without the bored female)

Road-Trip-Taking-Leak-465700.jpg

There is no law in France against peeing at the side of the road so motorists pull over just about anywhere.

I once saw a priest on a harley pull over and lift his cassock

ChristineM

Premium Member
I've heard, from women, that some men can't hit the urinal to save their lives.

Personally I use a urinal much of the time. But I've learned that my voiding is more complete when I'm sitting down. In that I echo the science on the topic: For healthy men, no difference is found in any of the urodynamic parameters. In patients with LUTS, the sitting position is linked with an improved urodynamic profile. Urinating Standing versus Sitting: Position Is of Influence in Men with Prostate Enlargement. A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

I heard that some places stick targets on the urinals to help aim. Or a stick on fly

N80-0456.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
My oldest had a severe phobia of public toilets when he was younger, due to a sensory issue and the flush being too loud for him. He would not use a public toilet for any reason; he'd rather soil himself(he mostly just held it).

We were in a store, and he was doing the 'bathroom dance', and someone asked him if he needed a toilet. He said "No, I need a tree!"

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You dont need to be a child, this is a sight we see often (mostly without the bored female)

View attachment 44009

There is no law in France against peeing at the side of the road so motorists pull over just about anywhere.

I once saw a priest on a harley pull over and lift his cassock

'Cassock' is a pretty strange word for its letters. and order. Good thing your dyslexia didn't go into full operational mode.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yes, that was likely a good idea. Ya coulda just gone for 'robe', but ya had to sound all smarty pants.

I never thought of robe. I have memories of cassock beong mentioned several times when i was a church goer (many millennia ago)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I never thought of robe. I have memories of cassock beong mentioned several times when i was a church goer (many millennia ago)
I had to google cassock for specific meaning. I got it confused with Cossack. But I imagine some Cossacks wear cassocks.

There's a tongue twister here somewhere.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey dudes,

Just...why? WHY??

Really? Ha...go figure.
I don't.