• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men: Why Don't You Use the Urinal?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey dudes,

There is an amazing invention present in most public men's restrooms. It's called: a urinal. Yet I note that many of you freely elect to walk right past a row of urinals (not because they're in use) and walk into a stall with a toilet, lift the seat (if I'm lucky), and take a leak.

Just...why? WHY??

(Please note: this line of questioning does not apply to trans dudes. You guys are off the hook.)

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey dudes,

There is an amazing invention present in most public men's restrooms. It's called: a urinal. Yet I note that many of you freely elect to walk right past a row of urinals (not because they're in use) and walk into a stall with a toilet, lift the seat (if I'm lucky), and take a leak.

Just...why? WHY??

(Please note: this line of questioning does not apply to trans dudes. You guys are off the hook.)
Its cleaner. The urinals seem designed to splash pee onto clothes. Why? Who invented these useless things? There's no problem peeing in a downward direction. We don't need to pee at the wall.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Seriously...

I am not a man, but there are people out there just pining to have a urinal available, and here you guys leave them unused... Sad, sad, sad...

My son's fascinated with urinals. Not sure why. Probably isn't tall enough to use them.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hey dudes,

Just...why? WHY??

Must be a west coast thing. We are manly men over here and will casually **** on anything not nailed down ;O]

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I almost always use urinals when I'm out, but I just wish I would get it inside at least once in a while.

BTW, anyone want my old yellow shoes?

PureX

Veteran Member
Seriously...

I am not a man, but there are people out there just pining to have a urinal available, and here you guys leave them unused... Sad, sad, sad...
Because they're works of art, that's why.

duchamp-urinal.jpg

Would you pee on the Pieta?
pieta_u-l-pcb0a80.jpg

:)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Seriously...

My son's fascinated with urinals. Not sure why. Probably isn't tall enough to use them.

Over here there is usually one placed a child height and one or two for adults.

Ask me how i know. Many restrooms dont have outside doors and seeing a mans back when he is using the urinal is no biggie

Also many of the loos in resresteraunts are unisex with the same view.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I think it might be that unzipping is not enough for many, so that there is the chance of their trousers falling down for those needing more access. For all the oldies of course, and not that I would know. :coldsweat: :oops:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hey dudes,

Just...why? WHY??

I use the urinal as long there are not other guys there, if i am not alone i go in to one of the stalls

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey dudes,

Just...why? WHY??

I generally use the urinals, as they're more convenient. A lot of the times the toilet stalls are occupied, however there are rare occasions where all the urinals are in use so if there's a stall free, I'll use it.

Some men have what they call "bashful kidney," where they find it difficult to go at a urinal when there's a lot of people milling about in the restroom. So, using the stalls can ensure a bit more privacy.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
And you think lifting a public toilet seat is cleaner?
Four options: 1. foot operation. You can raise and lower the seat with your foot and also operate the handle with your foot. 2. You can use a piece of toilet paper. 3. You can bring a little sanitizer with you to spray onto surfaces. 4. You can use the water from the toilet, since it is chlorinated. Bottom line its not pee and won't make your clothes stink.

Using a urinal will shower you with pee mist. Its almost impossible not to get hit by the backspray even if most of the force is directed down or to the side. Its a guaranteed shower of pee on your clothing and shoes.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
if I use a urinal, the following is a problem:

No matter how you dance or prance, the last few drops go in your pants.

I tend not to have this issue when i sit to pee. Why not? I don't know.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Four options: 1. foot operation. You can raise and lower the seat with your foot and also operate the handle with your foot. 2. You can use a piece of toilet paper. 3. You can bring a little sanitizer with you to spray onto surfaces. 4. You can use the water from the toilet, since it is chlorinated. Bottom line its not pee and won't make your clothes stink.

Using a urinal will shower you with pee mist. Its almost impossible not to get hit by the backspray even if most of the force is directed down or to the side. Its a guaranteed shower of pee on your clothing and shoes.

Option 1, rare in this part of the world
Option 2, Thats almost what we without the penis do. After wiping with TP, tear 4 or 5 triple sheet and lay them on the seat.
3 a benefit of covid, before the plague very few carried sanitizer and even fewer men
4. Eww.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Hey dudes,

Just...why? WHY??

Shouldn't this be in Women's Issues?