• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men and Abortion

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
SCOTUS overturned Roe, indicating that they do not recognize abortion as a right. And several states have abortion bans that have gone into effect immediately due to the SCOTUS decision or will go into effect shortly.

Making abortion big business in blue states. Hey, capitalism...

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
If women have the right to abort their children shouldn't men have the right to not take care of their children as well? Seems like women have an extra right men do not have. Men have financial issues as well. Now I am not for this. I think that when a women is pregnant the mother and father need to take care of that child as a moral obligation.

Women also have the greater stake in the game, since carrying and birthing a child is on them, in a country that has one of the highest rates of maternal death in the world:

U.S. Has The Worst Rate Of Maternal Deaths In The Developed World

It's not so much as an extra right, but an extra responsibility women have that needs to be taken into account.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Should men who have casual sex and father a child be required, made law, to financially and physically raise their unwanted and or unplanned babies? forced to coparent?

Everyone should keep it to themselves until in a legal relationship.

Until then, both parents are equally responsible for what they will bring into this world and to ensure a loving and stable life.

Regards Tony

Suave

Simulated character
Should men who have casual sex and father a child be required, made law, to financially and physically raise their unwanted and or unplanned babies? forced to coparent?
I'd like any impregnated female wanting to have a fetus removed from her uterus, whereby surgical removal of the fetal biomass has been criminalized by the state, to receive via express mail the means to chemically abort her unwanted pregnancy via the consumption of a 200 milligram dose of mifepristone followed by the next day consumption of an 800 milligram dose of misoprostol. I'd like these abortion pills distributed by the FDA as mandated by Presidential Executive Order in order to exempt any abortion pill distributor from any red state legal prosecution,

"Mifeprex (mifepristone) is used, together with another medication called misoprostol, to end an early pregnancy. FDA first approved Mifeprex in 2000. In 2016, the agency approved a supplemental application for Mifeprex based on data and information submitted by the drug manufacturer. After reviewing the supplemental application, the agency determined that Mifeprex is safe and effective when used to terminate a pregnancy in accordance with the revised labeling. In 2019, FDA approved a generic version of Mifeprex, Mifepristone Tablets, 200 mg."

Mifeprex (mifepristone) Information | FDA

Last edited:

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
Women also have the greater stake in the game, since carrying and birthing a child is on them, in a country that has one of the highest rates of maternal death in the world:

U.S. Has The Worst Rate Of Maternal Deaths In The Developed World

It's not so much as an extra right, but an extra responsibility women have that needs to be taken into account.
While the link you provided narrows its data pool for the whole purpose of getting away with the hyperbolic headline. Those types of headlines are losing or have lost their effectiveness, due to over implementation.
With that rant out of the way, I think the following is much more pragmatic and accurate in its depiction of the ineptitude of the US to navigate through the terrain of this topic ethically or respectfully:
Maternal mortality rates by country worldwide 2019 | Statista
I apologize on behalf of the failures that represent me, as a US citizen. I wish I could represent more than just my own vote, I believe in everyone's right to life, liberty and their pursuit of happiness.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
While the link you provided narrows its data pool for the whole purpose of getting away with the hyperbolic headline. Those types of headlines are losing or have lost their effectiveness, due to over implementation.
With that rant out of the way, I think the following is much more pragmatic and accurate in its depiction of the ineptitude of the US to navigate through the terrain of this topic ethically or respectfully:
Maternal mortality rates by country worldwide 2019 | Statista
I apologize on behalf of the failures that represent me, as a US citizen. I wish I could represent more than just my own vote, I believe in everyone's right to life, liberty and their pursuit of happiness.
The rates vary greatly between the individual states of the US. Here is a link where you can see the maternal mortality rates by state, and compare them to the international ones you posted. Take a look at Louisiana and Georgia to start.
Maternal Mortality Rate by State 2022

Colt

If the father refuses to support, then maybe they can perform a really late term abortion on him?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That's news to me... "Most men don't want to be father...."

Poll: Most men aspire to be dads

"More than 8 in 10 men said they wanted to be fathers or would like to be one someday.

Three-quarters of dads said they were married when their first child was born.

Men were more likely than women to say they'd like to become fathers to carry on traditions."
men whi want children engage in the planning. Men engaging in casual sex aren't interested in children. They're interested in sex.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
@crossfire ... This is pretty fricking disgusting:
"Louisiana’s maternal mortality rate of 58.1 deaths per 100,000 births is the highest in the United States. The rate is about four times higher for black mothers than it is for white mothers, an issue that boils down to implicit bias. 59% of black maternal deaths are preventable, compared to 9% of white maternal deaths. Louisiana’s Joint Commission will be looking for new standards around pregnancy-related medical problems such as hemorrhaging and hypertension to be in place starting in January 2021. Additionally, state officials are rallying around the goal of reducing maternal deaths by 20% by Mother’s Day 2020."

That's an excerpt from your link... Doesn't get much worse.

Basically, we're one step from these backwards thinkers reverting to believing people with melanin aren't people, justifying their building of some step pyramids so they can start sacrificing babies in tribute to God. I wish this were more hyperbolic than it sounds... :eek:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
men whi want children engage in the planning. Men engaging in casual sex aren't interested in children. They're interested in sex.

The number of men having "casual sex", isn't 2 of 10. So, I disagree with your assumption.

Even men having sex, just for the pleasure want to be father's (doesn't mean they want it that specific instance).

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Men and women are having sex more often for sex than for children.

Not a bad thing. It's what cements a monogamous relationship.

Men need sex to feel love and women need to feel loved for sex. So we compromise and bang like rabbits.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A man once had an answer he said let's be celibate. As all answers prove someone suffers by forced conditions.

Forced marriage hatred then retribution and guilt put upon a baby child. Child then reacts negatively in society.

Women's rights to say no to sex. Raped by their husbands.

Men who have extra martial sex pay the sex worker. Claiming responsibility is over.

Babies not wanted in vitro was a proven study to schizophrenia.

The need for money not enough jobs for everyone as machines took away manual labour to save money for rich men.

The fact of life. Men don't get pregnant yet love having sex.

Fact first woman's human body was sealed.

Being taught a female was created for a man to have sex with.

The issues can't just be talked away. Responsibility morality dependency.

You say men must pay. A lot of them already don't when it's legal.

Men began medicine doctoring as law status is by men. Said it was a medical need due to all the problems caused. Assessed already why.

A human can be angered about mutual lifes right to exist. I can be just as angered at life's abuse of innocence.

When you human self fix all of life's problems of lack of morality mutual inequalities then make a stand.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The number of men having "casual sex", isn't 2 of 10. So, I disagree with your assumption.

Even men having sex, just for the pleasure want to be father's (doesn't mean they want it that specific instance).
wanting and being are not the same thing. If a child was conceived with every copulation the world would be overun with children. Most men and women having sex aren't doing it for procreation. It's not rocket science.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
@Callisto & @Wildswanderer
This is completely an opinion post, so my apologies for inaccuracies with reality...

I assume the clinics are being run predominantly by men, yes. Heck I would venture the majority are Christian men. Acceptance of women in the workforce is still pretty spotty, and it takes time to build a career once you're finally allowed to enter any said field (health care in this case). So, it leads to reason there would be fewer women-operated clinics, they haven't had the opportunity for long enough to have a chance to.

Beyond that, back to my Christian point: From what I've read and been told, there's a hearty number of these clinics that practice foul tactics which play into the hands of the 'pro-life' camp.
Now, I'm "pro life", I love life. But, I would never take the opportunity or option of choice from a woman because I love life. More over, in America, we're being hypocritical if we allow states to restrict these liberties from any of our fellow countrymen!

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all ¹men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
¹ I understand this to mean Homo sapiens sapiens, all-encompassing of the species of mankind, nonexclusive to gender culture ancestry or geographic origins.

My opinion of the SCOTUS decision on Roe v Wade? "One small stumble for man, teetering on the precipice of a giant tumble backwards for mankind."