• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

memorial

may

Thursday march 24th 2005-------------On the night before he died ,Jesus christ instituted the memorial of his death. Using wine and unleavened bread as symbols, jesus commanded ,Keep doing this in remembrance of me. ---luke 22 ;19. Jehovahs witness observe this annual event .this year it is on the date above it is a most sacred night

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
may said:
Thursday march 24th 2005-------------On the night before he died ,Jesus christ instituted the memorial of his death. Using wine and unleavened bread as symbols, jesus commanded ,Keep doing this in remembrance of me. ---luke 22 ;19. Jehovahs witness observe this annual event .this year it is on the date above it is a most sacred night
Hi Im just wondering why JWS Don't actually partake of the Lords supper, As Christians we are to keep doing this in remembrance of Him..This is also just a trial posting as I am new to this site. Thankyou...:)

niamhwitch

Celtic Faery Wiccan )O(
Hi Im just wondering why JWS Don't actually partake of the Lords supper, As Christians we are to keep doing this in remembrance of Him..This is also just a trial posting as I am new to this site. Thankyou...
Glasgowchick, I am not a JW, but I was raised in a JW household, so I will try and answer this as best as I can. Maybe May can correct me if I have any of it wrong. The JW's believe that only 144,000 people will go to heaven (apparently that is in Revelations somewhere). Only those of the 144k may partake of the bread and wine, but it is passed around to everyone at the Kingdom Hall. How one knows if he/she is a part of that 144k, I have no idea. I remember in all my years of attending the Kingdom Hall that only one person (a REALLY old guy) partook of the bread and wine.

may

glasgowchick said:
Hi Im just wondering why JWS Don't actually partake of the Lords supper, As Christians we are to keep doing this in remembrance of Him..This is also just a trial posting as I am new to this site. Thankyou...:)
Jesus spoke of a little flock who would be approved to be given the kingdom, luke 12; 32 this little flock is spoken of in revelation 14;1,3. This 144,000 persons are the only ones who will be ressurected from the dead to rule as kings and priests in the heavenly kingdom This does not mean that there is no hope for the rest of us, as John 10;16 speaks of other sheep ,who will listen to Jesus voice but they are not part of the new covenent .these 144,000 are chosen by God 2 corinthians 1; 21, 22.they do not choose themselves

anders

I don't understand the JW position. In the Christian lair, I know of two versions: the RC transubstantiation: wine and bread are mysteriously transferred into the actually present true blood and meat of a jew who died some 2000 years ago, and the Luthean consubstantiation: somewhere, somehow, the true blood and meat of a jew who died some 2000 years ago is actually present together with the wine and bread. No question in either of being only a thing of remembrance.

Do the JW acknowledge Yeshua Josephson's being the true, sacrificed and resurrected son of God? If not, what the heck are you doing in a Christian subforum? If yes, when did they change such a fundamental view? In a flyleaf, translated into many languages, and for example in their The Millennium Dawns, VII:221, JW's claim that Mr. Josephson wasn't resurrected in the flesh, thus clearly contradicting Acts 1:31 and lots of other NT verses.

may

anders said:
I don't understand the JW position. In the Christian lair, I know of two versions: the RC transubstantiation: wine and bread are mysteriously transferred into the actually present true blood and meat of a jew who died some 2000 years ago, and the Luthean consubstantiation: somewhere, somehow, the true blood and meat of a jew who died some 2000 years ago is actually present together with the wine and bread. No question in either of being only a thing of remembrance.

Do the JW acknowledge Yeshua Josephson's being the true, sacrificed and resurrected son of God? If not, what the heck are you doing in a Christian subforum? If yes, when did they change such a fundamental view? In a flyleaf, translated into many languages, and for example in their The Millennium Dawns, VII:221, JW's claim that Mr. Josephson wasn't resurrected in the flesh, thus clearly contradicting Acts 1:31 and lots of other NT verses.
acts 1;31?dont know what bible you use.there is no acts 1; 31 but this verse in 1 peter 3; 18 tells us that Jesus christ was raised in the spirit
1 Pet. 3:18: "Christ died once for all time concerning sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, that he might lead you to God, he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit ["by the Spirit," KJ; "in the spirit," RS, NE, Dy, JB]." (At his resurrection from the dead, Jesus was brought forth with a spirit body. In the Greek text the words "flesh" and "spirit" are put in contrast to each other, and both are in the dative case; so, if a translator uses the rendering "by the spirit" he should also consistently say "by the flesh," or if he uses "in the flesh" he should also say "in the spirit.")

Acts 10:40, 41: "God raised this One [Jesus Christ] up on the third day and granted him to become manifest, not to all the people, but to witnesses appointed beforehand by God." (Why did not others see him too? Because he was a spirit creature and when, as angels had done in the past, he materialized fleshly bodies to make himself visible, he did so only in the presence of his disciples.)​

1 Cor. 15:45: "It is even so written: ‘The first man Adam became a living soul.’ The last Adam [Jesus Christ, who was perfect as was Adam when created] became a life-giving spirit.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
So how would one know if they were part of the 144,000..Do they just get baptized and say " Im One of the 144,000...There is no proof that these people are part of the 144,000, its only their word..Did the Holy Spirit land on their heads Like in penticost with tongues of fire...There is a women Called Ellen G white, I read something that this lady was going to be part of the 144,000 and she said none could be saved after the 2,300 years had ended back in Oct 22 1844..Can you Guys believe that..She also predicted that Christ was to return in 1843, 1844, 1845 and again in Dec 1850.. I Guess By Bible definition that makes her a false prophet Huh ????...hope your all having a nice day .

may

anders said:
Sorry; I'm crosseyed. 2:31 "... neither did his flesh see corruption."

many persons believe that Christ took his fleshly body to heaven. They point to the fact that when Christ was raised from the dead, his fleshly body was no longer in the tomb. (Mark 16:5-7) Also, after his death Jesus appeared to his disciples in a fleshly body to show them that he was alive. Once He even had the apostle Thomas put his hand into the hole in His side so that Thomas would believe that He had actually been resurrected. (John 20:24-27) Does this not prove that Christ was raised alive in the same body in which he was put to death?​

No, it does not. The Bible is very clear when it says: "Christ died once for all time concerning sins . . . , he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit." (1 Peter 3:18) Humans with flesh-and-blood bodies cannot live in heaven. Of the resurrection to heavenly life, the Bible says: "It is sown a physical body, it is raised up a spiritual body. . . . flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s kingdom." (1 Corinthians 15:44-50) Only spirit persons with spiritual bodies can live in heaven.​

Well, then, what happened to Jesus’ fleshly body? Did not the disciples find his tomb empty? They did, because God removed Jesus’ body. Why did God do this? It fulfilled what had been written in the Bible. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:31) any way getting back to the memorial ,the bread and wine are symbolic, not literaly christs blood and flesh .the reason it is a memorial of christs death is because jesus said to his followers keep doing this in memorial of me it is a yearly memorial of his death which falls on a different date each year on nisen 14 the same as the passover

Chelsea

Rev says that only 144,000 people are going to heaven. Since JW take that number remarkably seriously, why try and convert people when those converters could get their spots taken by the converties?

may

Chelsea said:
Rev says that only 144,000 people are going to heaven. Since JW take that number remarkably seriously, why try and convert people when those converters could get their spots taken by the converties?
because the rest have the hope of everlasting life on a paradise earth but they still need to recognize Jehovah God and Jesus christ
This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. ....John 17;3

may

Chelsea said:
I am a JW but i am not hoping to go to heaven ,my hope is to have everlasting life on the new paradise earth , and i speak to others about this wonderful hope for the future, as they can also have the hope of living forever on the earth if they choose.
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come...matthew 24;14 so yes this goodnews about Gods kingdom goverment that will bring peace to this earth will be made know and then manmade rule of this earth will come to its end

(Mark 13:10) Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first.

Aqualung

Tasty
may said:
I am a JW but i am not hoping to go to heaven
Why? Shouldn't any christian try to strive to be the very best at following Christ's commandments? And then if you succeed, shouldn't you be one of the 144,000?

may

Aqualung said:
Why? Shouldn't any christian try to strive to be the very best at following Christ's commandments? And then if you succeed, shouldn't you be one of the 144,000?
living forever on the earth in Gods new world is not a 2nd class place we have to do our best to live up to Gods standards the same as the ones going to heaven to rule with Jesus christ .we are just not part of the little flock that Jesus spoke of even though we are one flock all striving to do the will of God
"Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom."—LUKE 12:32 Jesus said that he would have other sheep as well as this little flock and they would listen to his voice

"And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd...john 10;16

Aqualung

Tasty
Oh. I guess I just don't see how being visited by him every once in a while could not be second class to living with God.

may

Aqualung said:
Oh. I guess I just don't see how being visited by him every once in a while could not be second class to living with God.
well the bible tells me that the tent of God will be with us
At Revelation 21;3during the millennial reign,everyone will be looking to the lamb Jesus christ , because he is Gods representative but after christ hands the kingdom back to his father no intercessorwill be needed . jehovah will reside spiritually with his people in a permenent way

Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth..john 4; 23-24 we will not need God to be on the earth we worship in spirit and truth. the book of revelation for the most part is highly symbolic ,and so when it says that God will reside with us it does not mean he is on the earth

may

Aqualung said:
why do you think that he (God)will visit every once in a while? i dont think i have seen that in the bible?

Aqualung

Tasty
may said:
why do you think that he (God)will visit every once in a while? i dont think i have seen that in the bible?
He will rule in heaven with his 144,000. he can't be both places at once.