• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memorial of Jesus’ Death

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
None of the disciples of Yeshua celebrated the "Feast of unleavened bread" "weekly. They broke bread daily, and it was not unleavened bread. Eating unleavened bread was to be done from the 14th of the first month until the 21st day of the 1st month. (Ex 12:18) The last supper was after sunset of the 13th of the first month, which would be the eve of the 14th of the 1st month. The sacrificial lamb occurred between the eves of the 14th of the 1st month. It was eaten after sundown on the 14th of the 1st month, which makes it during the 15th of the 1st month, at which time, Yeshua was supposedly in the grave/belly of the whale. (Mt 12:40) On the other hand, the followers of Paul kind of do whatever they do, and it is not in unison, and mostly is for the benefit of the sun god, Sol Invictus, on whose day they worship.

New American Standard Bible Ex 12:18
In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at evening, you shall eat unleavened bread, until the twenty-first day of the month at evening.

I would have to disagree...

John Gill Commentary:

1 Corinthians 11:26

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup
Not any bread, or any cup: but what is ate and drank in an ordinance way, and according to the institution and appointment of Christ, and with a view to the end proposed by him; and though there is no set fixed time for the administration of this ordinance, yet this phrase seems to suggest that it should be often: and very plainly signifies, that the bread and wine, after the blessing or thanksgiving, remain such, and are not converted into the real body and blood of Christ; but are only outward elements representing these to faith;

Matthew Henry Commentary.

[1.] That it should be frequent: As often as you eat this bread, etc. Our bodily meals return often; we cannot maintain life and health without this. And it is fit that this spiritual diet should be taken often tool The ancient churches celebrated this ordinance every Lord’s day, if not every day when they assembled for worship.

Often is not once a year.

2ndpillar

I would have to disagree...

So you are inferring that you eat unleavened bread, together with drinking wine often, but not according to how Yeshua and his disciples did it on the eve of the 14th of the 1st month, in commemoration of Israel coming out of Egypt. Do you keep the law of sin with your flesh also? (Romans 7:25) Is there "nothing good" that "dwells" in you? (Romans 7:18) I think you have been spoofed.

Kenny

Premium Member
So you are inferring that you eat unleavened bread, together with drinking wine often, but not according to how Yeshua and his disciples did it on the eve of the 14th of the 1st month, in commemoration of Israel coming out of Egypt. Do you keep the law of sin with your flesh also? (Romans 7:25) Is there "nothing good" that "dwells" in you? (Romans 7:18) I think you have been spoofed.
Are you saying that you are living in the Older Last Will and Testament instead of the New Testament that started after Jesus died? Living in the shadow of the the real thing?

2ndpillar

Are you saying that you are living in the Older Last Will and Testament instead of the New Testament that started after Jesus died? Living in the shadow of the the real thing?

Yeshua told his disciples to do this in remembrance of me. (Luke 22:19) Are you saying that one should disregard what Yeshua asked his disciples to do? Listen, you can follow Paul to the "lake of fire" (Rev 20:10), but don't think you will live forever and ever by believing his spiel. And you will die (Jer 31:30), regardless of what the little man may have told you.

Luke 22:19 King James Version (KJV
)
And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Kenny

Premium Member
Yeshua told his disciples to do this in remembrance of me. (Luke 22:19) Are you saying that one should disregard what Yeshua asked his disciples to do? Listen, you can follow Paul to the "lake of fire" (Rev 20:10), but don't think you will live forever and ever by believing his spiel. And you will die (Jer 31:30), regardless of what the little man may have told you.

Luke 22:19 King James Version (KJV
)
And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
But I DO it in remembrance of Him. How am I disregarding what he said?

And when did you decide to be like the Most High and sit on His throne of judgement? Lucifer tried that once.

2ndpillar

But I DO it in remembrance of Him. How am I disregarding what he said?

And when did you decide to be like the Most High and sit on His throne of judgement? Lucifer tried that once.

Keeping the feast of Ishtar, is done in remembrance of the queen of heaven. Following Yeshua's example is quite different. The only one deeming himself fit to sit in the seat of the "Most high" is your leader Paul, who deems himself fit to speak for God, and to make the "Word of God" "obsolete" (Hebrews 8:13). That is where you got your Roman tradition of Easter. From the church of Paul, which was instituted at the Roman Council of Nicaea.

Kenny

Premium Member
Keeping the feast of Ishtar, is done in remembrance of the queen of heaven. Following Yeshua's example is quite different. The only one deeming himself fit to sit in the seat of the "Most high" is your leader Paul, who deems himself fit to speak for God, and to make the "Word of God" "obsolete" (Hebrews 8:13). That is where you got your Roman tradition of Easter. From the church of Paul, which was instituted at the Roman Council of Nicaea.

??? Your story telling is quite imaginative. No facts, no historical support and no truth. You judge when Jesus is the judge. Sooner or later I surmise you will present a different Gospel perhaps even that you are the way.

2ndpillar

??? Your story telling is quite imaginative. No facts, no historical support and no truth. You judge when Jesus is the judge. Sooner or later I surmise you will present a different Gospel perhaps even that you are the way.

The date for Easter was set at the Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. That Council was convened by the Roman Emperor Constantine. Constantine, was the "beast with two horns like a lamb", who was to "deceive" "those who dwell on the earth" (Rev 13:14). You have been duped.

The First Council of Nicaea (A.D. 325) declared that Easter was always to be held on a Sunday, and was not to coincide with a particular phase of the moon, which might occur on any day of the week. However, a new dispute arose as to the determination of the Sunday itself, since Sundays can occur on any date of the month. Shortly before the Nicean Council, in 314, the Provincial Council of Arles in Gaul had maintained that the Lord's Pasch should be observed on the same day throughout the world and that each year the Bishop of Rome should send out letters setting the date of Easter.[2]

Easter controversy - Wikipedia

2ndpillar

Just when did we change subject matter? Are you moving the proverbial goal-post?

And here I thought you indicated that you keep Easter in remembrance of the death of Christ. Excuse me. Could you remind me of the topic?

Kenny

Premium Member
And here I thought you indicated that you keep Easter in remembrance of the death of Christ. Excuse me. Could you remind me of the topic?
I take the Lord's supper often. That's what I've been talking about.

You have been talking about judging me, taking the throne of Jesus and judging Paul, worshipping the shaddow of things instead of the real thing, and other such topics.

2ndpillar

I take the Lord's supper often. That's what I've been talking about.

You have been talking about judging me, taking the throne of Jesus and judging Paul, worshipping the shaddow of things instead of the real thing, and other such topics.

How often is "often"? Your Easter comes once a year. I have to assume you are a Catholic, and receive communion on the day of the sun god, Sol Invictus, Sunday. The last supper happened on the "LORD's Passover", and not on the Roman church's designated Easter. Although this year, Easter falls on the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the day the angel of death passes over.

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
I'm not a Christian (at all, though I have a whiff of Gnosticism in me) but I do have a respect for Jesus as a spiritual figure (and "prophet" of the time). He was not a quiet individual, he was loud and ruckus, very eager to voice his opinion on the hypocrisy and injustice going on in the society he left in. Especially with fellow Jews, he was not afraid to speak up. Incidents such as the money chargers in the temple and the famous sermon on the mount both captivate quite the anarchistic character that Jesus had - which I love :)

Kenny

Premium Member
How often is "often"? Your Easter comes once a year. I have to assume you are a Catholic, and receive communion on the day of the sun god, Sol Invictus, Sunday. The last supper happened on the "LORD's Passover", and not on the Roman church's designated Easter. Although this year, Easter falls on the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the day the angel of death passes over.
No... I am an Evagelical--a preacher of the good news that God did not send Jesus to condemn the world but that the world would be saved through Him.

I take the elements at LEAST once a week but would like to take it every morning before I start my day. It does not matter if it is on a day of the sun god, Holloween morning or New Year's day because I celebrate His and my resurrection every day no matter on whose "other" day it may rest on. It isn't a day... it is an event. It isn't a shadow of things to come (14th day of the first month) but an eternal event.

I have enter my rest. Not a shadow of the 7th day where one recognized God, but every day where I recognize God and have ceased on making my works the plumbline for righteouness.

I celebrate Easter every day. We preach the resurrection every Sunday... and Monday... and Tuesday and to any creature that wants to hear on any day.

2ndpillar

No... I am an Evagelical--a preacher of the good news that God did not send Jesus to condemn the world but that the world would be saved through Him.

I take the elements at LEAST once a week but would like to take it every morning before I start my day. It does not matter if it is on a day of the sun god, Holloween morning or New Year's day because I celebrate His and my resurrection every day no matter on whose "other" day it may rest on. It isn't a day... it is an event. It isn't a shadow of things to come (14th day of the first month) but an eternal event.

I have enter my rest. Not a shadow of the 7th day where one recognized God, but every day where I recognize God and have ceased on making my works the plumbline for righteouness.

I celebrate Easter every day. We preach the resurrection every Sunday... and Monday... and Tuesday and to any creature that wants to hear on any day.

So you don't actually eat unleavened bread and drink wine in "rememberence of me" on the LORD's Passover, but instead eat the bread of life tainted with the leaven of the Pharisee, daily. Yeah, I can see whereas that would lead to the worship of the sun god Sol Invictus and the queen of heaven, Ishtar. I am thinking that the return of the son of man (Mt 24:30) comes with the "wrath of the Lamb" whereas "every slave and freeman" will apparently hide under the rocks to protect themselves (Rev 6:12-17).

Kenny

Premium Member
So you don't actually eat unleavened bread and drink wine in "rememberence of me" on the LORD's Passover, but instead eat the bread of life tainted with the leaven of the Pharisee, daily. Yeah, I can see whereas that would lead to the worship of the sun god Sol Invictus and the queen of heaven, Ishtar. I am thinking that the return of the son of man (Mt 24:30) comes with the "wrath of the Lamb" whereas "every slave and freeman" will apparently hide under the rocks to protect themselves (Rev 6:12-17).
LOL... back to judging! The very thing that Jesus said not to do. I didn't know you were the Judger of hearts. Please, feel free to ascend your position to that of the Most High. I believe there is one, the accuser of the brethren, who tried that and it appears you are real good at that. OR, you can live the life of love that believes the best... the kind that Jesus used.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

LOL... back to judging! The very thing that Jesus said not to do. I didn't know you were the Judger of hearts. Please, feel free to ascend your position to that of the Most High. I believe there is one, the accuser of the brethren, who tried that and it appears you are real good at that. OR, you can live the life of love that believes the best... the kind that Jesus used.

Whoa silver. Who said you were my "brethren"? No, you are a follower of the false prophet Paul, who worships the "beast", and his father, the "dragon" (Revelation 13:4). You bought the "big lie" of the "serpent", and his son Paul, that you "surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:4). You have been duped (Revelation 13:14).

Kenny

Premium Member
Whoa silver. Who said you were my "brethren"? No, you are a follower of the false prophet Paul, who worships the "beast", and his father, the "dragon" (Revelation 13:4). You bought the "big lie" of the "serpent", and his son Paul, that you "surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:4). You have been duped (Revelation 13:14).

LOL... And a happy resurrection to you, my brother. The tomb is empty, He is risen and He sits at the right hand of the Father.

2ndpillar

LOL... And a happy resurrection to you, my brother. The tomb is empty, He is risen and He sits at the right hand of the Father.

Yes, but your leader and teacher Paul, is dead and buried somewhere outside of Rome. When the son of man returns, that is when the followers of Paul, who are marked with sign of the beast, will have to pay the piper, and drink from the cup of God's wrath (Rev 14:10)