• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memorial of Jesus’ Death

. . . and that is the symbolic meaning of the Communion to many Christians. It is of course, true that different churches have varying interpretations of the text of the Bible. I have no reason to believe that JW has the only 'True' interpretation of scripture particularly since the JW interpretation is among most unreasonable conflicting extreme views of a literal interpretation of the Bible.
I know what I know))).i have been to many churches and compared many interpretations.this one is reasonable

Rough Beast Sloucher

It's My Birthday!
There is no such thing as an 'Old Jewish calendar'. There is the Jewish Calender, which is still very much in use.

That is true. In addition, it is not just that the day ends/starts at sunset, as the previous poster said. The months begin with the New Moon. To keep Pesach always in Spring, a leap month is inserted as needed. This extra month is called Adar II but it is the 'real' Adar since it contains Purim, which is always the month before Pesach.

I know you know all that, but others may not and I just like to post. :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Wouldn't a Memorial be for something that was lost forever?

Which seems rather silly if a person was just going on a trip with the intention of coming back and said, Do this in remembrance of me".

Kelly of the Phoenix

Each year millions meet together to observe the anniversary of the death of Jesus.
Should people commemorate his death?does it benefit us?
This has been discussed a bunch of times. lots of people have different views about it.
Jesus noted the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. I think this means we should treat holidays for what they are: human get-togethers. God doesn't need them, but the social people in this world need something to do with their day.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Each year millions meet together to observe the anniversary of the death of Jesus.
This has been discussed a bunch of times. lots of people have different views about it.
we should do as He said.....
Remember Me.....when you eat and drink

David T

Premium Member
Well Natasha your a female you tell us after all it's a woman's story the last I checked. The story is easy but then again I am all about nature so not easily understandable why it's an easy story for me.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There is no such thing as an 'Old Jewish calendar'. There is the Jewish Calender, which is still very much in use.

When I hear the expression ' Old Jewish Calendar ' to me that simply means the Lunar Calendar.
That is how the Jewish Spring month of Nisan was calculated in Jesus' day by the Lunar Calendar.
As Jesus instructed us at John 22:19 to remember his day or date of his death, and that would be by using the Old Jewish Calendar or meaning the Lunar Calendar often in connection to Passover as starting in Jerusalem's time zone.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
When I hear the expression ' Old Jewish Calendar ' to me that simply means the Lunar Calendar.
That is how the Jewish Spring month of Nisan was calculated in Jesus' day by the Lunar Calendar.
As Jesus instructed us at John 22:19 to remember his day or date of his death, and that would be by using the Old Jewish Calendar or meaning the Lunar Calendar often in connection to Passover as starting in Jerusalem's time zone.
The Jewish calendar is a lunar-solar calendar; not purely lunar.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Jewish calendar is a lunar-solar calendar; not purely lunar.

Thank you for your reply.
In connection to the Nisan 14th date starting at sundown (solar) with the appearing of the full moon (lunar).
The counting of the Jewish month of Nisan starting with the position of the moon and then counting 14 days ahead.

It is a BEAUTIFUL time to remember and rejoice. It brings me back to the moment that I accepted Jesus as Lord. It reminds me that I am dead, and the life that I now live, I live in the faith of God.

Every time I partake of the elements of the bread and the wine, it reminds me of the vows that I made when I declared Him as the owner of my life.

He took my place for the penalties due to me and paid the price.He resurrected my marriage as well as my life.

yes... a great day of celebration in remembrance
Thanks for your comment)how often do you partake ?)

David T

Premium Member
What do you mean by saying "a woman's story"?)
How is it a man's story? I.mean after all it starts with a dream that a woman has and it comes to an apex moment by a statement by a woman who bursts into a room Of 12 dumb *** men "he has risen". And here we have Pentecost.

How possibly is this entire story not a female story?no wonder the world is whacky we have a female religion taught by men!!!ha... normals.

How is it a man's story? I.mean after all it starts with a dream that a woman has and it comes to an apex moment by a statement by a woman who bursts into a room Of 12 dumb *** men "he has risen". And here we have Pentecost.

How possibly is this entire story not a female story?no wonder the world is whacky we have a female religion taught by men!!!ha... normals.
I don't understand,sorry .maybe it's because of language barrier

Minimum, once a week. Many people don't know they can't take it at home too. :)
Regarding the Lord’s Evening Meal, Paul said: “As often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives.” (1 Corinthians 11:26) Paul was not saying that Jesus’ death would be commemorated often. Paul was saying that every time anointed Christians partake of the Memorial emblems, once a year on Nisan 14, they are “proclaiming the death of the Lord.” They do this “until he arrives".

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Regarding the Lord’s Evening Meal, Paul said: “As often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives.” (1 Corinthians 11:26) Paul was not saying that Jesus’ death would be commemorated often. Paul was saying that every time anointed Christians partake of the Memorial emblems, once a year on Nisan 14, they are “proclaiming the death of the Lord.” They do this “until he arrives".
May I disagree? Once a year isn't often. The bread from Heaven came daily. They met at the homes "breaking bread". They had the seder on a weekly basis.

For me, it points to "often".

May I disagree? Once a year isn't often. The bread from Heaven came daily. They met at the homes "breaking bread". They had the seder on a weekly basis.

I think those people,who believe in God and accept Jesus as their redeemed,are dear to God)))

2ndpillar

None of the disciples of Yeshua celebrated the "Feast of unleavened bread" "weekly. They broke bread daily, and it was not unleavened bread. Eating unleavened bread was to be done from the 14th of the first month until the 21st day of the 1st month. (Ex 12:18) The last supper was after sunset of the 13th of the first month, which would be the eve of the 14th of the 1st month. The sacrificial lamb occurred between the eves of the 14th of the 1st month. It was eaten after sundown on the 14th of the 1st month, which makes it during the 15th of the 1st month, at which time, Yeshua was supposedly in the grave/belly of the whale. (Mt 12:40) On the other hand, the followers of Paul kind of do whatever they do, and it is not in unison, and mostly is for the benefit of the sun god, Sol Invictus, on whose day they worship.

New American Standard Bible Ex 12:18
In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at evening, you shall eat unleavened bread, until the twenty-first day of the month at evening.