• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memorable Scariest Movies

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Return to Oz!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4363-1362004252-1.gif

mombihead-1434724951.gif

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Fantasia

Psycho

Edit, thought of another couple

Silence of the Lambs

Black Swan

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Saw this as a teenager. Actually a newer (and better) film inspired by the same book has since been made, and its titled The Island. The newer one is better, but the older one is scarier. I saw it on Mystery Science Theater 3000 and it still scared me.

Erebus

Return to Oz!

One of my favourite childhood films! The introduction of the wheelers was so effective I actually completely forgot they have normal faces. I just remembered the masks:

tumblr_m0hjv4NHGz1qjj0j1o1_500.jpg

Also going to give a mention to Shutter (the Thai version) as one of the very few horror films to creep me out as an adult:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Probably not the scariest I've ever seen, but it was the first scary movie I saw as a child.

Burnt Offerings - 1976. I was 10.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
1989 Leviathan I saw this on a VHS tape.

1999 Deep Blue Sea This one kept scaring me out of the theater. Its about some genius scientists who live under water with their genetically enhanced sharks.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
"The Exorcist", as it was truly shocking back when it was released. Before that, "Rosemary's Baby" ended in quite a shocking way.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
In no particular order:

- Ju-on: The Grudge. Still the most terrifying movie I have ever watched. The Japanese are masters of horror atmosphere and eerie setup, and this one just exemplifies that.

- Shutter, the original Thai version. Few jump scares and a lot of dreadful atmosphere.

- Hereditary. One of the most disturbing and deeply twisted movies I have ever seen.

- Annabelle: Creation. The peak of the Conjuring franchise, in my opinion. It has buildup, atmosphere, and overall dread that push it above the rest of the franchise.

- Dark Water. Another J-horror masterpiece. Extremely atmospheric and eerie without relying on cheap jump scares.