• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memorable & Meaningful Quotes

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
''When you no longer care what anyone thinks of you, you've reached a dangerous level of freedom.'' -- Unknown

I wouldn't necessarily agree with this...it might depend on the person I think.

I would have said it, ''When you no longer care what anyone thinks of you, you may have reached a dangerous level of freedom.''

Deidre

I wouldn't necessarily agree with this...it might depend on the person I think.

I would have said it, ''When you no longer care what anyone thinks of you, you may have reached a dangerous level of freedom.''
haha Yes, it can be taken different ways. In some ways, one might assume that it means a negative...like you just are reckless and don't care if you hurt anyone, etc. But, I want to believe it's a positive message. lol :)

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
haha Yes, it can be taken different ways. In some ways, one might assume that it means a negative...like you just are reckless and don't care if you hurt anyone, etc. But, I want to believe it's a positive message. lol :)

Paul in the Bible gives a good quote too:

1 Corinthians 13:11
English Standard Version (ESV)
(11)When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

Childish people do childish things, but adults stop doing childish things.

Deidre

(11)When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

On occasion, I do childish things, and I regret them. :( But...we learn from our mistakes, maybe that is the important thing.

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
On occasion, I do childish things, and I regret them. :( But...we learn from our mistakes, maybe that is the important thing.

I heard a preacher say something like, unmitigated anger is a part of the nature of infants.

Perhaps as people mature they get more control of their anger. When I had just turned 21 I was still so angry about something that happened to me that I just behaved irresponsibly...I have better control of my anger now (at the age of 38.)

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason

Not always the case I am afraid.

Unless you define being an adult as not being childish, in which case it is merely defining something.

GoodbyeDave

Better to keep your mouth shut and be taken for a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)

It ain't so much what folks don't know, it's that they know so much that just ain't so. (Josh Billings)

The atheist believes he is the highest type of intelligence that the universe can produce, which conceit explains why he is an atheist. (Charles Seymour)

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Better to keep your mouth shut and be taken for a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)

It ain't so much what folks don't know, it's that they know so much that just ain't so. (Josh Billings)

The atheist believes he is the highest type of intelligence that the universe can produce, which conceit explains why he is an atheist. (Charles Seymour)

Seeing as many atheist believe that computers can surpass us in intelligence that makes little sense.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Here are quotes I collected when I did more writing on Writing.com

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Oscar Wilde

Friendships never die. They're just put on hold from time to time. ~Carlita

I was raised Catholic until I was old enough to say no. -John Cusack

Truth is not determined by majority vote. ~Doug Gwyn

"Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
--Albert Einstein

The winds of God are always blowing, but you must set the sails. –Unknown

*The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend. - Abraham Lincoln

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation. ~D. Elton Trueblood

It requires a great deal of faith for a man to be cured by his own placebos. ~McClenahan

"Our lives are but stems from trees which embark stories that are scratched by others who have walked by." ~Carlita

When you aim for perfection, you discover it's a moving target. ~George Fisher

Anything not done out of love leads to enjoyable disasters ~Carlita

A lot of people are willing to give God credit, but few give..Him cash ~Robert E. Harris

I've always regarded nature as the clothing of God. ~Alan Hovhaness

God: The most popular scapegoat for our sins. ~Mark Twain

"Society around has made man a threat to its own ego" ~Carlita

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. ~Ecclesiastes 12:7

No one is perfect... that's why pencils have erasers. ~Author Unknown

Life is your guide to ride safely among the stars ~Carlita

I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about. ~Oscar Wilde

A poet can survive everything but a misprint. ~Oscar Wilde

I don't know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn't. ~Jules Renard

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. ~Andre Gide

"My cousin is an agoraphobic homosexual, which makes it kind of hard for him to come out of the closet"
~Bill Kelly

"Vulcan dignity? How can I grant you what I don't understand?"
"Then employ one of your own superstitions. Wish me luck."
- McCoy and Spock, outside the hangar deck door

"What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same,
and nothing that you did mattered?" Phil
"That pretty much sums it up for me"
Groundhog's Day (Movie)

"The secrets of His Words lay imprinted on the heart" ~Carlita

Bruce: "What if I need you? What dif I have questions?"
God: "That's your problem, Bruce. That's everybody's problem. You keep looking up."
~Movie: Bruce Almighty

"Data... I made that joke seven years ago" -- Geordi
"I know.... I just got it!" -- Data

A human life is a story told by God. ~Hans Christian Andersen

"In the eyes of youth, comes a babe in love" ~Carlita

Shut-up, Spock! We're rescuing you! - McCoy

"He's saved my life a dozen times over, isn't that worth a career?" ~Kirk in 'Amok Time'

"One of the advantages of being a Captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it."-- Kirk in 'Dagger of the Mind'

"One day I made a friend, the next, we grew into a relationship, years later, we married; not once did I tell my wife that I married her because she and I have the same genetalia"
~Carlita

"Only a fool waits to see if the coin will fall on heads or tails."
~Carlita

"All what comes to an end share a new beginning."
~Carlita

"All my best thoughts were stolen by the ancients."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You're like white caveman chestled on walls"
~As Good as it Gets

ggoopp

"Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be".

" I am learning to trust the journey even if I don't understand it".

A strong woman loves, forgives, walks away, lets go, tries again, perseveres... no matter what life throws at her.

" Give. But don't allow yourself to be used. Love. But don't allow your hart to be abused. Trust. But don't be naïve. Listen. But don't lose your own voice".

Take life day by day and be grateful for the little things. Don't second-guess yourself, trust your gut and let go of stressing over what you can't control".

Deidre

"Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be".

" I am learning to trust the journey even if I don't understand it".

A strong woman loves, forgives, walks away, lets go, tries again, perseveres... no matter what life throws at her.

" Give. But don't allow yourself to be used. Love. But don't allow your hart to be abused. Trust. But don't be naïve. Listen. But don't lose your own voice".

Take life day by day and be grateful for the little things. Don't second-guess yourself, trust your gut and let go of stressing over what you can't control".
Each and every one of these resonates today with me!! :)

ggoopp

"Sometimes being hopeful is the only way out"

"Hope is a little voice you hear whisper “maybe” when it seems the entire world is shouting “no!”

“Faith is not believing that God can, it is knowing that He will”

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

“Be strong because things will get better, It may stormy now, but it never rains forever”.

Deidre

inspirational_christian_quote.jpg