• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meiosis: The Science of Messiah.

PearlSeeker

. . . The early chapters of Genesis, imply, when interpreted by Jewish and Christian exegetes and sages, that the first human was immortal, and genderless. We know that's the case with the first living cells. It then gives the mythological story of the creation of gender, and then the original sin of sex, whereby death entered into the very bodies that were immortal prior to the arrival of sex.
There are two creation stories in the Bible. In one story God creates man and woman right away. In the other story Adam was created first. I don't think it's meant as androgynous. Adam is a man because he feels incomplete without Eve.

No, sex was not the original sin. God actually wanted them to have sex and children. First sin was distrust in God's benevolence - what if God doesn't want us to become like Him? At first sexual desire was good and pure but after eating the fruit of knowledge of good and evil they began to have dirty thoughts and shame (looking at naked bodies). That's why they wanted to be covered...

The mythological story has nothing to do with any hidden scientific truths. You are ascribing a meaning only you invented.

Once I started a thread about hidden meaning in the Bible:

Interpretation: "hidden" meaning - intended or invented?

Treasure Hunter

Our interpretation of stories is dependent on what we value, either previously or presently. If conformity, assurance, and simplicity are among our highest values, then we will be limited in our interpretation and meaning making.

John D. Brey

There are two creation stories in the Bible. In one story God creates man and woman right away. In the other story Adam was created first. I don't think it's meant as androgynous. Adam is a man because he feels incomplete without Eve.

No, sex was not the original sin. God actually wanted them to have sex and children. First sin was distrust in God's benevolence - what if God doesn't want us to become like Him? At first sexual desire was good and pure but after eating the fruit of knowledge of good and evil they began to have dirty thoughts and shame (looking at naked bodies). That's why they wanted to be covered...

The mythological story has nothing to do with any hidden scientific truths. You are ascribing a meaning only you invented.

Once I started a thread about hidden meaning in the Bible:

Interpretation: "hidden" meaning - intended or invented?

. . . In the intro to his Tractaus, Ludwig Wittgenstein said only someone who had already thought about the problems his book addressed would be likely to appreciate his solutions.

Since you're interpretation of scripture and science has little in common with mine I can appreciate how little anything in this thread interests you.

John