• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet the Hypocrite.

Ellen Brown

I have a friend in town from Saudi Arabia. Had I been 40 years younger, I would have married him, no matter the risk.

I have not worn Hijab in over a year and have not done the Muslim prayer either. For the next week all that will change. We plan to do IFTAR together at a local College. I do this without apology because I just want him to be comfortable. Thankfully I am not feverishly removing nail polish. I have some Halal polish but it is pathetic, and not everyone agrees it is Halal.

I know that Allah SWT understands.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I have a friend in town from Saudi Arabia. Had I been 40 years younger, I would have married him, no matter the risk.

I have not worn Hijab in over a year and have not done the Muslim prayer either. For the next week all that will change. We plan to do IFTAR together at a local College. I do this without apology because I just want him to be comfortable. Thankfully I am not feverishly removing nail polish. I have some Halal polish but it is pathetic, and not everyone agrees it is Halal.

Now, where is the ...... to meet?
Regards

PureX

Veteran Member

God is God, not religion. Religion is our servant, for better or worse. That's up to us.

sooda

Veteran Member

Saudi women are beautifully coiffed, manicured and wear make up.. What is the issue here? The shops in Malls and boutiques are full of stylish clothes from Paris and Milan.. and if you want tribal embroidery on fine silk dresses, that is available too. Saudi women set up that manufacturing over 25 years ago.

You do know they own and run restaurants, publishing houses, art galleries and are heavily involved in import-export. The biggest rice importer to KSA has been a woman for over 50 years.

Ellen Brown

Saudi women are beautifully coiffed, manicured and wear make up.. What is the issue here? The shops in Malls and boutiques are full of stylish clothes from Paris and Milan.. and if you want tribal embroidery on fine silk dresses, that is available too. Saudi women set up that manufacturing over 25 years ago.

You do know they own and run restaurants, publishing houses, art galleries and are heavily involved in import-export. The biggest rice importer to KSA has been a woman for over 50 years.

I was deeply immersed in the Muslim community, mostly Saudi until 2012. I did not disavow Islam and there are so many very conservative Muslims in my community that no one in their right mind would do such a suicide. In the end, my trust once again in the Mormon community was misplaced and silly. There is no doubt that I am Muslim, and will remain so. Here in America, it feels dangerous to reveal such because of Trump and his evil minions.

I can easily resume Hijab, just needed a push I suppose. There will be no attendance at a Masjid. It is not required. Some of my Abayas are beautiful. Last night I put on Hijab sans pins and things, just to see if I still could. You never forget do you? There will be no "on the floor" Dua, too old for that. Alhumduallah.

The hardest part is what to do about Jesus the Christ? Being American, the Christian version was drummed into me. With other Muslims I do not speak of it because it is Shirk to them. Many Americans I meet on the street think I am a Nun. :) If they say something, I don't disabuse them of the notion and if they ask to be prayed for, I do it. What a funny, funny World.

Neutral Name

My heart goes with you. For many years, I have pretended to be a Christian for my brother who claimed to be a Christian until I realized that he did not follow any of the principles of Christianity. In other words, he is a Christian in name only. Since I have tired of his fire and brimstone preaching at me, I just haven't visited him in many months.

Ellen Brown

My heart goes with you. For many years, I have pretended to be a Christian for my brother who claimed to be a Christian until I realized that he did not follow any of the principles of Christianity. In other words, he is a Christian in name only. Since I have tired of his fire and brimstone preaching at me, I just haven't visited him in many months.

In my experience, the things we 'rant' about are the things we feel guilty about, myself included.

My first evening with him went well enough, though as is proper in his culture, he does not speak to me much about the things going on in KSA.

As to your brother, I wish you the best with that.