• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet Governor Rick Perry: Our Next President?

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I should look so good in my dotage. He has the hair, the smile, the plaid shirt, and the foot on the bale of hay. Have you noticed lately that the Republican candidates have been posing with one foot resting on a bale of hay? I suspect that they do this because Bachmann can't. However, she might surprise us all and do it anyway. Then they would have to think up some other pose to demonstrate their masculine dominance. This war of the poses could get creepy.

I'm confused, why can't Bachmann put her foot on a bale of hay?

Alceste

Vagabond
Hah! That's you pretending to be Romney!

I agree that corporations are people, but you're right about how it will become a war of sound bites.
Most of campaigning will be about avoiding communication & understanding. Woe unto America in
this coming year. I'm already having to change channels on my radio regularly.

Corporations aren't people. They're MADE of people - like Soylent Green.

Shermana

Heretic
I really don't understand why any Republican is able to look past his Gardacil deal. They must all secretly wish for the day that Swine Flu vax becomes mandatory and there are armed guards forcing everyone to take a shot or something.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Some really GREAT Perry slogans from National Lampoon:

Putting the “Execute” in Executive Branch
The Issues: You Name ‘em, I’m Against ‘em
Bringin’ Tea to the Inauguration
I Swear to God I’m Not Josh Brolin
America, Love It or Threaten to Leave It and then Run for President!
Perry/Mason ’12- Now I Have to Find a Guy Named Mason to Run With
Katy Perry’s Dad! What? You Don’t Know?
Bernanke? More Like, “Burn Yankee!”
America’s Faith Healer
Bringin’ the Heat Regardless of What Climatologists Say
It’s Either This or I Find a Baseball Team to Run Into the Ground
T is for Texas, R is for Rick, and P is for President
The First Guy Named Rick You Can Trust
America is Broken, Let’s Shoot for Broke
The Insane Candidate WITH a Penis
If At First You Don’t Secede…
You Can Hate Your Government or You Can Make Me Your Government
Don’t Mess with Texas or You Might Not Have a Texas to Mess With
George W. Bush Without All of the Uncertainty
Run and Gun with Governor Rick
And one of my own:

Gives new meaning to being 'Rick Rolled'!

Last edited:

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
A Thumbnail Political Analysis of Presidential Candidate Rick Perry in 11 panels.

Part 1:

Attachments

• PerryForPrex01.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 67
  • PerryForPrex02.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 66
  • PerryForPrex03.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 65
  • PerryForPrex04.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 63

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
A Thumbnail Political Analysis of Presidential Candidate Rick Perry in 11 panels.

Part 2:

Attachments

• PerryForPrex05.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 69
  • PerryForPrex06.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 66
  • PerryForPrex07.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 66
  • PerryForPrex08.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 71

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!

Part 3 (Conclusion):

Attachments

• PerryForPrex09.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 66
  • PerryForPrex10.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 65
  • PerryForPrex11.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 64
A

angellous_evangellous

I'm shocked!
I find him tolerable too.
With us on his side, is he now doomed to failure?

Romney is too sane to even have a remote chance at making it anywhere.

Besides, I thought he was already out.

If Republicans were serious about the White House, they wouldn't canabalize Romney.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Romney is too sane to even have a remote chance at making it anywhere.

Besides, I thought he was already out.

If Republicans were serious about the White House, they wouldn't canabalize Romney.
Romney is not only still "in", but he is still the Republican candidate most likely to have a chance against Obama. Many Democrats feel disaffected from Obama (like myself) but are likely to support his re-election in order to forestall another 4-year Republican disaster. Independents do not like extremists on either side of the political spectrum. Obama is little different from a 20th century moderate Republican, but Republicans seem reluctant to field moderate-sounding candidates anymore. Until Romney is able to clinch the nomination, he will likely try to shift as far to the right as possible. If he survives, then he will swing back towards the center, which is where the real battleground will be in the next election--who can appeal to the fickle undecideds (a decidedly unappealing crowd to me :)).

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
If he survives, then he will swing back towards the center, which is where the real battleground will be in the next election--who can appeal to the fickle undecideds (a decidedly unappealing crowd to me :)).

Oh, you mean those people who don't let a political party take advantage of their blind loyalty?

Skeptisch

Considering whom he has to impress, maybe the rainman is no moron at all.

According to a 2009 Harris Poll of 2,303 adult Americans, when people are asked to “Please indicate for each one if you believe in it, or not,” the following results were revealing:
  • 82% believe in God
  • 76% believe in miracles
  • 75% believe in Heaven
  • 73% believe in Jesus is God or the Son of God
  • 72% believe in angels
  • 71% believe in survival of the soul after death
  • 70% believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ
  • 61% believe in hell
  • 61% believe in the virgin birth (of Jesus)
  • 60% believe in the devil
  • 45% believe in Darwin’s Theory of Evolution
  • 42% believe in ghosts
  • 40% believe in creationism
  • 32% believe in UFOs
  • 26% believe in astrology
  • 23% believe in witches
  • 20% believe in reincarnation

A

angellous_evangellous

Romney is not only still "in", but he is still the Republican candidate most likely to have a chance against Obama. Many Democrats feel disaffected from Obama (like myself) but are likely to support his re-election in order to forestall another 4-year Republican disaster. Independents do not like extremists on either side of the political spectrum. Obama is little different from a 20th century moderate Republican, but Republicans seem reluctant to field moderate-sounding candidates anymore. Until Romney is able to clinch the nomination, he will likely try to shift as far to the right as possible. If he survives, then he will swing back towards the center, which is where the real battleground will be in the next election--who can appeal to the fickle undecideds (a decidedly unappealing crowd to me :)).

I think in fairy tale land Romney would have a chance... but I honestly don't think that any Republican has a chance at the White House. The party is heavily fragmented *with no unifying force* and heavy hitters don't know where to put their money. It's one thing to win seats in the house, where bits of the country don't have to agree on anything, and quite another to fund a nation wide campaign.

His campaign is abortive.

I really think that Romney is a dead man walking precisely because he is the best candidate. Once he sees that he will have to start spending his own money, he'll be gone like donkey kong.

I'm not disillusioned with Obama at all, principally because I didn't expect much from him other than 8 years away from Republican self-destruction. I think that unless he screws the pooch magnificently in the campaign strategy, he'll easily win the next election.

A

angellous_evangellous

Considering whom he has to impress, maybe the rainman is no moron at all.

According to a 2009 Harris Poll of 2,303 adult Americans, when people are asked to “Please indicate for each one if you believe in it, or not,” the following results were revealing:
  • 82% believe in God
  • 76% believe in miracles
  • 75% believe in Heaven
  • 73% believe in Jesus is God or the Son of God
  • 72% believe in angels
  • 71% believe in survival of the soul after death
  • 70% believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ
  • 61% believe in hell
  • 61% believe in the virgin birth (of Jesus)
  • 60% believe in the devil
  • 45% believe in Darwin’s Theory of Evolution
  • 42% believe in ghosts
  • 40% believe in creationism
  • 32% believe in UFOs
  • 26% believe in astrology
  • 23% believe in witches
  • 20% believe in reincarnation

It would have been more helpful if people were asked questions that had a comparable quantitative measurement.

In a country where the vast majority of people identify themselves as Christian, you're going to see belief in Christian myth. But that tells you nothing more than what you already knew: most people in the group are Christian. Drawing any other conclusion simply reveals bias for/against Christianity.

Take away Christian myth, and the "survey" becomes far less impressive.

Skeptisch

Take away Christian myth, and the "survey" becomes far less impressive.
Maybe so, however this one paints a frightening picture to many. How about you?

Evolution Less Accepted in U.S. Than Other Western Countries, Study Finds

figure.gif

This chart depicts the public acceptance of evolution theory in 34 countries in 2005. Adults were asked to respond to the statement: "Human beings, as we know them, developed from earlier species of animals." The percentage of respondents who believed this to be true is marked in blue; those who believed it to be false, in red; and those who were not sure, in yellow.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/bigphotos/21329204.html

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I think in fairy tale land Romney would have a chance... but I honestly don't think that any Republican has a chance at the White House.

I don't think very many Democrats will be voting Republican in the upcoming election, but they may throw their vote away on a third party candidate or stay home in protest.

I don't see any Republicans voting for Obama, so it really comes down to how the Moderates vote.

The economy will be the deciding factor in the upcoming election and the truth be told, no one person can fix our economic problems because this financial crisis is a world problem not a National one.

This election is not Obama's to win but the Republicans to lose because they might nominate a dividing candidate that would run off the moderate vote.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think very many Democrats will be voting Republican in the upcoming election, but they may throw their vote away on a third party candidate or stay home in protest.

I don't see any Republicans voting for Obama, so it really comes down to how the Moderates vote.

The economy will be the deciding factor in the upcoming election and the truth be told, no one person can fix our economic problems because this financial crisis is a world problem not a National one.

This election is not Obama's to win but the Republicans to lose because they might nominate a dividing candidate that would run off the moderate vote.
What Homer said.