• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditations of the day

FineLinen

136897910025dce972a8a48c55e6e790.jpg

“A person cannot receive even one thing unless God bestows it." ~TPT

Last edited:

FineLinen

The Hebrew word for gospel (basar) – not only means "to preach the good news" – but its root also suggests cheerfulness and freshness or refreshing.

The gospel is full of joy!

FineLinen

Rightwised and glorified.

The verb Paul uses (rightwised) expresses the wide scope of God's deliverance in setting humanity free! Further, those whom He rightwised He clothes in splendour.

82163_c05be5f50322a0c5be5eda30c9905799.jpeg

FineLinen

“If his grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.”

I don’t know about you, but if God’s grace is an ocean, I want to drown.

FineLinen

"The steadfast love of the Lord NEVER ceases, His mercy NEVER comes to an end, it is new every morning, great is His faithfulness."

FineLinen

"We are convinced that every detail of our lives is continually woven together for good, for we are his lovers who have been called to fulfill his designed purpose. For he knew all about us before we were born and he destined us from the beginning to share the likeness of his Son. This means the Son is the oldest among a vast family of brothers and sisters who will become just like him.
Having determined our destiny ahead of time, he called us to himself and transferred his perfect righteousness to everyone he called. And those who possess his perfect righteousness he co-glorified with his Son!

So, what does all this mean?

If God has determined to stand with us, tell me, who then could ever stand against us? For God has proved his love by giving us his greatest treasure, the gift of his Son. And since God freely offered him up as the sacrifice for us all, he certainly won’t withhold from us anything else he has to give.

Who then would dare to accuse those whom God has chosen in love to be his? God himself is the judge who has issued his final verdict over them—“Not guilty!” Who then is left to condemn us? Certainly not Jesus, the Anointed One! For he gave his life for us, and even more than that, he has conquered death and is now risen, exalted, and enthroned by God at his right hand. So how could he possibly condemn us since he is continually praying for our triumph?

Who could ever divorce us from the endless love of God’s Anointed One?

Absolutely no one! For nothing in the universe has the power to diminish his love toward us. Troubles, pressures, and problems are unable to come between us and heaven’s love. What about persecutions, deprivations, dangers, and death threats? No, for they are all impotent to hinder omnipotent love, ...]I live with the confidence that there is nothing in the universe with the power to separate us from God’s love. I’m convinced that his love will triumph over death, life’s troubles, fallen angels, or dark rulers in the heavens.

There is nothing in our present or future circumstances that can weaken his love. There is no power above us or beneath us—no power that could ever be found in the universe that can distance us from God’s passionate love, which is lavished upon us through our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One! ~TPT

FineLinen

PROS-EU-CHOMAI =

To direct our thoughts or words toward having goodness, ease and well-being. The most used word for "praying" in the NT is a word that is quite similar to "blessing."

Proseuchomai is not a making of a request for God to do something. This is something that we do, just as blessing is something that we do.

Praying is joining our thoughts and words with the Spirit. Praying is impartation of goodness, ease and well-being.

Furthermore, this "praying" is not just in words or thoughts. The Greek element chomai is what makes this word a verb, referring to action. Peter told the lame man "such as I have give I thee." Acts 3:6

He was "proseuchomai-ing" him; he was praying/imparting into him.