• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditations of the day

FineLinen

upload_2022-5-9_9-15-45.jpeg

FineLinen

"The law tells me how crooked I am. Grace comes along and straightens me out." ~ Dwight L. Moody

[youtube]eKKvt8W0zXg[/youtube]

FineLinen

“When I lay these questions before God I get no answer. But a rather special sort of 'No answer.' It is not the locked door. It is more like a silent, certainly not uncompassionate, gaze. As though He shook His head not in refusal but waiving the question. Like, 'Peace, child; you don't understand.” ~ C.S. Lewis

FineLinen

Rightwised and glorified.

The verb Paul uses (rightwised) expresses the wide scope of God's deliverance in setting humanity free! Further, those whom He rightwised He clothes in splendour.

FineLinen

Listen to this eternal truth: Before a person can even perceive God’s kingdom, they must first experience a rebirth. Unless you are born of water and the Spirit, you will never enter God’s kingdom. For the natural realm only gives birth to things that are natural, but the spiritual realm gives birth to supernatural life! You all must be born from above!’ ~TPT

"We must have a spiritual rebirth. We must be born out of the belief in externalities into the belief of inner realities, out of the belief that we are separated from God, into the belief that we are part of a unitary wholeness. ~Ernest Holmes

cca9e0e0a2b1d74c993e475422a19d0e.jpg

FineLinen

Everything for His purpose brought back to restoration

"In the Son all our sins are canceled and we have the release of redemption through his very blood. He is the divine portrait, the true likeness of the invisible God, and the firstborn heir of all creation. For in him was created the universe of things, both in the heavenly realm and on the earth, all that is seen and all that is unseen. Every seat of power, realm of government, principality, and authority it all exists through him and for his purpose! He existed before anything was made, and now everything finds completion in him. He is the beginning and the firstborn heir in resurrection, he is the most exalted One, holding first place in everything. God is satisfied to have all his fullness dwelling in Christ. By the blood of his cross, everything in heaven and earth is brought back to himself back to its original intent, restored to innocence again!" ~TPT

FineLinen

Phil. 2:10
{That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow} (hina en twi onomati iesou pan gonu kampsài). First aorist active subjunctive of kampt", old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with hina. Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. this universal homage to Jesus is seen in #Ro 8:22; Eph 1:20-22 and in particular #Re 5:13. {Under the earth} (katachthoni"n). Homeric adjective for departed souls, subterranean, simply the dead.

Phil. 2:11 {Should confess} (exomologàsàtai). First aorist middle subjunctive of exomologeomai with hina for purpose. {Lord} (kurios). Peter (#Ac 2:36) claimed that God made Christ "Lord." See also #1Co 8:6; 12:3; Rom. 10:9. Kennedy mourns that the term Lord has become one of the most lifeless in the Christian vocabulary, whereas it really declares the true character and dignity of Jesus Christ and "is the basis and the object of worship." ~A.T. Robertson

Last edited:

FineLinen

"The mature and well-balanced man, standing firmly with both feet on the earth, who has never been lamed and broken and half-blinded by the scandal of life, is as such the existentially godless man." ~Karl Barth

images

Dikaioo = rightwised =

I make righteous.

I defend the cause.

I acquit, justify, regard as innocent.

Last edited:

FineLinen

"What happened on that day (of Easter) became, was and remained the centre around which everything else moves. For everything lasts its time, but the love of God - which was at work and was expressed in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead - lasts forever. Because this event took place, there is no reason to despair, and even when we read the newspaper with all its confusing and frightening news, there is every reason to hope." ~Karl Barth

FineLinen

The Hebrew word for gospel (basar) – not only means "to preach the good news" – but its root also suggests cheerfulness and freshness or refreshing.

The gospel is full of joy!