• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditations of the day

FineLinen

"In the secret of God's tabernacle no enemy can find us, and no troubles can reach us. The pride of man and the strife of tongues find no entrance into the pavilion of God. The secret of his presence is a more secure refuge than a thousand Gibraltar's. I do not mean that no trials come. They may come in abundance, but they cannot penetrate into the sanctuary of the soul, and we may dwell in perfect peace even in the midst of life fiercest storms." ~Hannah W. Smith

FineLinen

"You find no difficulty in trusting the Lord with the management of the universe and all the outward creation, and can your case be any more complex or difficult than these, that you need to be anxious or troubled about His management of it? ~Hannah W. Smith

"No soul can be really at rest until it has given up all dependence on everything else and has been forced to depend on the Lord alone. As long as our expectation is from other things, nothing but disappointment awaits us." ~Hannah W. Smith

FineLinen

"He comes to us in the brokenness of our health, in the shipwreck of our family lives, in the loss of all possible peace of mind, even in the very thick of our sins. He saves us in our disasters, not from them. He emphatically does not promise to meet only the odd winner of the self-improvement lottery. He meets us all in our endless and inescapable losing." ~Robert Farrar Capon

FineLinen

"God has defeated Satan through the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Through this overwhelming victory, God has also empowered you to overcome any temptation to sin and has provided sufficient resources for you to respond to any problem of life. By relying on God's power and being obedient to Him, you can be an overcomer in any situation." ~John Broger

FineLinen

every-person-in-the-world-including-yourself-will-encounter-various-trials-throughout.jpg

FineLinen

NO HELP WANTED: NONE

"The Reformation was a time when men went blind, staggering drunk because they had discovered, in the dusty basement of late medievalism, a whole cellar full of fifteen-hundred-year-old, two-hundred proof Grace, bottle after bottle of pure distillate of Scripture, one sip of which would convince anyone that God saves us single-handedly. The word of the Gospel after all those centuries of trying to lift yourself into heaven by worrying about the perfection of your bootstraps suddenly turned out to be a flat announcement that the saved were home before they started. Grace has to be drunk straight: no water, no ice, and certainly no ginger ale; neither goodness, nor badness, not the flowers that bloom in the spring of super spirituality could be allowed to enter into the case." ~ Robert Farrar Capon

"No one can be saved - in virtue of what he can do. Everyone can be saved - in virtue of what God can do." ~Karl Barth

Last edited:

FineLinen

"The cross is the blazing fire at which the flame of our love is kindled, but we must get near enough for the sparks to fall on us." ~John R.W. Stott

"The confessing church needs to join Magdalene and Peter in witnessing that Christianity is not primarily a moral code but a grace-laden mystery; it is not essentially a philosophy of love but a love affair; it is not keeping rules with clenched fists, but receiving a gift with open hands." ~Brennan Manning

"We cannot exercise our faith beyond what we believe to be possible." -John G. Lake-

"I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of; for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest and most precious thing in all thinking." -George MacDonald-
The Agnitra Foundation is an NGO founded by Dr. Ganesh Dubey, a Ph.D. holder spiritual Guru, adored as Tantracharya Guru Goverdhan Nath by his followers and admirers. This holistic science-based NGO is becoming a cosmic Lighthouse for the enlightenment of society. The mission of this NGO is to convey various meditation and intense techniques to people in much simplified and practical sessions like Satvik Tantra Sadhana Remedies.

FineLinen

"God has given us nothing less than himself and his name is Jesus Christ. Don't come with a thimble when God has nothing less to give you than an ocean of himself." ~Brennan Manning

sheer-scholarship-alone-cannot-reveal-to-us-the-gospel-of-grace-we.jpg

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering. The love of God did not protect His own Son. He will not necessarily protect us - not from anything it takes to make us like His Son. A lot of hammering and chiseling and purifying by fire will have to go into the process." ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Do you know how the ancient refiner knew when he was finished, and the heat could finally be turned down? It was when he looked into the cauldron and saw his own reflection in the shining silver. As long as the image was muddy and rippled with flecks of slag, he knew he had to keep working. When his face finally showed clearly, the silver had been purified. Our Father sees when His refinement is complete.

FineLinen

“God’s conception and purpose, in giving us a being at all, is his likeness— an expression of Himself. This must be an adjusting factor in our mentality, in our conversation, in our teaching. We must not be taken up with efforts to get the church according to a certain technique and order and conception. Our message must not be the message of the body of Christ as a truth, as a doctrine, as a procedure. All these things come within this encircling conception. What is the body of Christ for, if it is not to express what Christ is like? What is the church for, if it is not to manifest the presence of Christ? This must adjust our thoughts, our ideas, our teaching and our talk. The thing about which we have to be concerned is — not this and that aspect of truth — but how much is the Lord seen, recognised, understood, as to what He is like?” ~T. Austin-Sparks

FineLinen

"Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time." ~Oswald Chambers

"If my ruling disposition is self-interest, I perceive that everything that happens to me is always for or against my self-interest; if, on the other hand, my ruling disposition is obedience to God, I perceive Him to be at work for my perfecting in everything that happens to me." ~Oswald Chambers

Oswald-Chambers-Quote-Faith.jpg

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time." ~Oswald Chambers

"If my ruling disposition is self-interest, I perceive that everything that happens to me is always for or against my self-interest; if, on the other hand, my ruling disposition is obedience to God, I perceive Him to be at work for my perfecting in everything that happens to me." ~Oswald Chambers

FineLinen

"The will of God is never exactly what you expect it to be. It may seem to be much worse, but in the end it's going to be a lot better and a lot bigger." ~Elisabeth Elliot

"If my life is surrendered to God, all is well. Let me not grab it back as though it were in peril in His hand but will be safer in mine." ~Elisabeth Elliot

FineLinen

"All the broken and dislocated pieces of the universe, people and things, animals and atoms, get properly fixed and fit together in vibrant harmonies, all because of the life and death of the Lord Jesus Christ."