• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditations of the day

FineLinen

quote-the-cross-of-christ-is-the-pledge-to-us-that-the-deepest-suffering-may-be-the-condition-arthur-penrhyn-stanley-110-28-30.jpg

FineLinen

The problem of reconciling human suffering with the existence of a God who loves, is only insoluble so long as we attach a trivial meaning to the word "love", and look on things as if man were the centre of them. Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake. "Thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." We were made not primarily that we may love God (though we were made for that too) but that God may love us, that we may become objects in which the divine love may rest "well pleased". ~ C.S. Lewis

FineLinen

"What makes authentic disciples is not visions, ecstasies, biblical mastery of chapter and verse, or spectacular success in the ministry, but a capacity for faithfulness. Buffeted by the fickle winds of failure, battered by their own unruly emotions, and bruised by rejection and ridicule, authentic disciples may have stumbled and frequently fallen, endured lapses and relapses, gotten handcuffed to the fleshpots and wandered into a far county. Yet, they kept coming back to Jesus." ~Brennan Manning

FineLinen

“The reason the very concept of God has become at once so impoverished, so thoroughly mythical, and ultimately so incredible for so many modern persons is not because of all the interesting things we have learned over the past few centuries, but because of all the vital things we have forgotten.” ~ David Bentley Hart

FineLinen

"Someone has put the proposal to us like this: If you had Rembrandt in you, just think what a painter you could be! If you had Beethoven in you, just imagine the sort of music you could write! If you had Einstein in you, consider what recognition as a scientist you could gain! Well, you cannot have Rembrandt or Beethoven or Einstein in you — but you have Christ! Consider what sort of life you can live, the words you can speak, the works you can do, and how magnificently you can love! Yes, we have Christ in us and we have come to the hour of His unveiling in us! ~J. Preston Eby.

FineLinen

An elderly carpenter was ready to retire. His contractor was sorry to see such a good employee go, and asked him if he would build just one last house as a personal favor. The carpenter agreed but his heart was not in it. He resorted to bad workmanship and using cheap materials. When the carpenter finished his work, the contractor came over and handed the front-door key to the carpenter. "I appreciate all the hard work you’ve done for me all these years and I’d like you to have this house as a token of my gratitude.” The carpenter was shocked! If only he had only known he was building his own house, he would have worked much harder! Now he owned a house that wasn’t built very well.

FineLinen

"Brother, sister, if such is your faith, you will not, must not stop there. You must come out of this bondage of the law to which you give the name of grace, for there is little that is gracious in it. You will yet know the dignity of your high calling, and the love that passes knowledge. He is not afraid of your presumptuous approach to him. It is you who afraid to come near to him. He is not watching over his dignity. It is you who fear to be sent away as the disciples would have sent away the little children. It is you who think so much about your souls and are so afraid of losing your life, that you dare not draw near to the Life of life, lest it should consume you." ~George MacDonald

a0140654abebf16c0e33cd5ad95fd168.jpg

Last edited:

FineLinen

1075853196-water-quotes-2.jpg

"It’s happened. I’m A to Z. I’m the Beginning, I’m the Conclusion. From Water-of-Life Well I give freely to the thirsty." ~MSG

Last edited:

FineLinen

"A bird in a nest is secure, but that is not why God gave it wings." ~Matshona Dhliwayo

"Stars do not hide from darkness. Roses do not hide from thorns. Diamonds do not hide from pressure." ~Matshona Dhliwayo

FineLinen

“The wings of an eagle weigh little compared to the mass of its body, but they are these wings which allow that eagle to resist the strong winds and to overcome them.” ~ Bruce Mbanzabugabo

Negativity: Can only affect you if you're on the same frequency. Vibrate higher.

FineLinen

"Prayer pulls the rope below and the great bell rings above in the ears of God. Some scarcely stir the bell, for they pray so languidly. Others give but an occasional pluck at the rope. But he who wins with heaven is the man who grasps the rope boldly and pulls continuously, with all his might." ~Charles Spurgeon

“Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.” ~ Mother Teresa

FineLinen

“The whole concept of God taking on human shape, and all the liturgy and ritual around that, had simply never made any sense to me. That was because, I realized one wonderful day, it was so simple. For people with bodies, important things like love have to be embodied. That's all. God had to be embodied or else people with bodies would never in a trillion years understand about love.” ~ Jane Vonnegut Yarmolinsky

“To understand the dimensions of God, you must live in His realms.”

FineLinen

"God is not looking for extraordinary characters as His instruments, but He is looking for humble instruments through whom He can be honoured throughout the ages." ~A. B. Simpson

"Before we can speak God's message, we must learn to listen. The opened ear comes before the opened mouth." ~A. B. Simpson

FineLinen

"There is nothing but God's grace; we walk upon it; we breathe it; we live and die upon it; it makes the nails and axles of the universe." ~Robert Louis Stephenson

"Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue." ~Eugene O'Neill

images

FineLinen

"Perfection is the restoration of man to the state of holiness from which he fell, by creating him anew in Christ Jesus, and restoring to him that image and likeness of God which he has lost." ~Adam Clarke

"God rescued us from dead-end alleys and dark dungeons. He's set us up in the kingdom of the Son he loves so much, the Son who got us out of the pit we were in, got rid of the sins we were doomed to keep repeating. We look at this Son and see the God who cannot be seen. We look at this Son and see God's original purpose in everything created. For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels - everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him. He was there before any of it came into existence and holds it all together right up to this moment." ~MSG