• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditations of the day

FineLinen

Do you know how the ancient refiner knew when he was finished, and the heat could finally be turned down? It was when he looked into the cauldron and saw his own reflection in the shining silver. As long as the image was muddy and rippled with flecks of slag, he knew he had to keep working. When his face finally showed clearly, the silver had been purified.

Our Father sees when His refinement is complete.

FineLinen

"If my life is surrendered to God, all is well. Let me not grab it back as though it were in peril in His hand but will be safer in mine." ~Elisabeth Elliot

FineLinen

376806-A-W-Tozer-Quote-Jesus-calls-us-to-his-rest-and-meekness-is-His.jpg

FineLinen

"Gladly would He free them from their misery, but He knows only one way: He will teach them to be like himself, meek and lowly, bearing with gladness the yoke of His Father's will. This in the one, the only right, the only possible way of freeing them from their sin, the cause of their unrest." -George MacDonald

FineLinen

"To free a man from suffering, he must be set right, put in health; and the health at the root of man's being, his rightness, is to be free from wrongness, that is, from sin. A man is right when there is no wrong in him. I do not mean set free from the sins he has done: that will follow; I mean the sins he is doing, or is capable of doing; the sins in his being which spoil his nature — the wrongness in him — the evil he consents to; the sin he is, which makes him do the sin he does. ~George MacDonald

FineLinen

“The reason why many are still troubled, still seeking, still making little forward progress is because they haven't yet come to the end of themselves. We're still trying to give orders, and interfering with God's work within us. ” - A. W. Tozer

FineLinen

"There is nothing small about our God, and when we understand God we will find out that there ought not to be anything small about us. We must have an enlargement of our conception of God, then we will know that we have come to a place where all things are possible, for our God is an omnipotent God for impossible positions." ~Smith Wigglesworth

FineLinen

"Happiness isn’t a conditional state. It’s a state of being. True lasting happiness comes from making an active choice to be happy, rather than depending on external things to make you happy. The more that we seek out happiness, and look for it as if it is a treasure we will find, the less we are feeding the wolf that is inside of us. You already have everything you need to be happy because you are whole as you are, right now. The feeling and experience of happiness comes from feeding the wolf from within. As he becomes bigger and stronger, he will be better equipped to handle life’s challenges. If you choose to feed only him, he will always win." -Alyssa Yeo

v
images

FineLinen

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.” - Mark Twain

“I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now...Come further up, come further in!” ― C.S. Lewis

FineLinen

"The death of Jesus was the opening and the emptying of the full heart of God; it was the out-gushing of that ocean of infinite mercy that heaved and panted and longed for an outlet; it was God showing how he could love a poor, guilty sinner." - Octavius Winslow

1527699-Octavius-Winslow-Quote-So-completely-was-Jesus-bent-upon-saving.jpg

FineLinen

My times are in Thy hand;
My God, I wish them there;
My life, my friends, my soul I leave
Entirely to Thy care.

Whatever they may be;
Pleasing or painful, dark or bright,
As best may seem to Thee.

Why should I doubt or fear?
My Father's hand will never cause
His child a needless tear.

My times are in Thy hand,
Jesus, the crucified!
Those hands my cruel sins had pierced
Are now my guard and guide.

My times are in Thy hand,
I'll always trust in Thee;
And, after death, at Thy right hand
I shall forever be.

FineLinen

"It is because we have such shallow views of God's love that we have such defective views of God's dealings. We blindly interpret the symbols of His provisions because we imperfectly read the engravings of His heart." ~Octavious Winslow

FineLinen

“Do not be afraid to enter the cloud that is settling down on your life. God is in it. The other side is radiant with His glory.” ~ L.B. Cowman

cowman-quotes-by-lettie-b-cowman-973199.jpg

FineLinen

"So completely was Jesus bent upon saving sinners by the sacrifice of Himself, He created the tree upon which He was to die, and nurtured from infancy the men who were to nail Him to the accursed wood." ~Octavius Winslow

"Christ took your cup of grief, your cup of the curse, pressed it to his lips, drank it to its dregs, then filled it with his sweet, pardoning, sympathizing love, and gave it back for you to drink, and to drink forever!" -Octavius Winslow