• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditations of the day

FineLinen

"If love is the soul of Christian existence, it must be at the heart of every other Christian virtue. Justice without love is legalism; faith without love is ideology; hope without love is self-centeredness; forgiveness without love is self-abasement; fortitude without love is recklessness; generosity without love is extravagance; care without love is mere duty; fidelity without love is servitude. Every virtue is an expression of love. No virtue is really a virtue unless it is permeated by love." ~Richard Rohr

FineLinen

"In the Christian story God descends to re-ascend. He comes down; down from the heights of absolute being into time and space, down into humanity; down further still, down to the very roots and seabed of the nature He has created. But He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him." ~C.S. Lewis

FineLinen

trn.gif

The most anyone can do is point people to Jesus as the sole Source of Life. They may experience Life through us, but we cannot give them Life ourselves. To those bound by organized religion, Jesus cries, “You search the Scriptures, because you think in them you have Life. You are content to read about Me, but you will not come to Me that you may have Life” (John 5:39,40, paraphrased). Come to Me! Not, “Memorize these Three Easy Steps and attend the Church of your choice this Sunday.” “Come to Me!” He is Life.” ~ Chip Brogden (The Church in the Wilderness)

iu

Last edited:

FineLinen

Does it not thrill our hearts to learn that we do not go forward in our own strength. Think of it, God Himself is with us for our captain! The Lord of Hosts is present in every field of conflict, to encourage us and fight with us. With such a Leader, who never lost a battle, or deserted a soldier in distress, or failed to get through the needed supplies, who would not accept the challenge to go forward.

FineLinen

"When we accept Christ we enter into three new relationships: (1) We enter into a new relationship with God. The judge becomes the father; the distant becomes the near; strangeness becomes intimacy and fear becomes love. (2) We enter into a new relationship with our fellow men. Hatred becomes love; selfishness becomes service; and bitterness becomes forgiveness. (3) We enter into a new relationship with ourselves. Weakness becomes strength; frustration becomes achievement; and tension becomes peace." ~William Barclay

iu

FineLinen

If you are faced with a mountain, you have several options.

You can climb it and cross to the other side.

You can go around it.

You can dig under it.

You can fly over it.

You can blow it up.

You can ignore it and pretend it’s not there.

You can turn around and go back the way you came.

Or you can stay on the mountain and make it your home.” ~ Vera Nazarian

FineLinen

"First and foremost, the Cross is always identified with Christ, it was His own crucifixion that opened the way, blazed out the path, and gained the victory. But just because this was wrought in Christ does not mean that we are absolved from the process, rather it assures us of the route and the victory. All that He did was, and is FOR US, in our behalf, to undergird our participation, and to guarantee that the results would be victorious." ~Ray Prinzing

FineLinen

Outside of Christ, I am only a sinner, but in Christ, I am saved. Outside of Christ, I am empty; in Christ, I am full. Outside of Christ, I am weak; in Christ, I am strong. Outside of Christ, I cannot; in Christ, I am more than able. Outside of Christ, I have been defeated; in Christ, I am already victorious. How meaningful are the words, "in Christ." ~ Watchman Nee

iu

FineLinen

Believing is a present tense action word, it involves our active participation of continued trust in Him, so that we remain firmly committed. Perhaps we have been far too slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken.

"Any faith in Him, however small, is better than any belief about Him, however great." ~George MacDonald

iu

Last edited:

FineLinen

iu

“Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” ~ Robert Louis Stevenson

Last edited:

FineLinen

"There is nothing but God's grace; we walk upon it; we breathe it; we live and die by upon it; it makes the nails and axles of the universe." ~Robert Louis Stephenson

"Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The Grace of God is glue." ~Eugene O'Neill