• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditations of the day

FineLinen

george-macdonald-20570.jpg

FineLinen

"Has it ever occurred to you that one hundred pianos all tuned to the same fork are automatically tuned to each other? They are of one accord by being tuned, not to each other, but to another standard to which each one must individually bow. So one hundred worshipers meeting together, each one looking away to Christ, are in heart nearer to each other than they could possibly be, were they to become ‘unity’ conscious and turn their eyes away from God to strive for closer fellowship." -A.W. Tozer

7101fa88b5cc5e1482524c4e2b7ea4f4.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"I'm not afraid of the devil. The devil can handle me - he's got judo I never heard of. But he can't handle the One to whom I'm joined; he can't handle the One to whom I'm united; he can't handle the One whose nature dwells in my nature." - A. W. Tozer

FineLinen

"You're always in the process of becoming. You aren't who you were and you aren't who you are going to be." -Rob Bell

"Love is what God is, love is why Jesus came, and love is why he continues to come, year after year to person after person...May you experience this vast, expansive, infinite, indestructible love that has been yours all along. May you discover that this love is as wide as the sky and as small as the cracks in your heart no one else knows about, and may you know, deep in your bones, that love wins." -Rob Bell

FineLinen

"God's justice is a saving, healing, restorative justice, because the God to whom justice belongs is the Creator God who has yet to complete his original plan for creation and whose justice is designed not simply to restore balance to a world out of kilter but to bring to glorious completion and fruition the creation, teeming with life and possibility, that he made in the first place.” ― N.T. Wright

c215cf38d44b0ca453b79a8a354553f0.jpg

Last edited:

FineLinen

“The idea that there is an unconditional love that relieves the pressure, forgives our failures, and replaces our fear with faith seems too good to be true.” - Preston Sprinkle

3327e23580be77e79c3fdea72ecd8c95.jpg

FineLinen

"We do not think ourselves into new ways of living, we live ourselves into new ways of thinking." -Richard Rohr

FineLinen

"There is this difference between the growth of some human beings and that of others: in the one case it is a continuous dying, in the other a continuous resurrection." -George MacDonald

FineLinen

“What we have at the moment isn't as the old liturgies used to say, the sure and certain hope of the resurrection of the dead, but a vague and fuzzy optimism that somehow things may work out in the end. ” - N.T. Wright

the-rule-of-love-i-say-again-is-not-an-optional-extra.jpg

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Real prayer is communion with God, so that there will be common thoughts between His mind and ours. What is needed is for Him to fill our hearts with His thoughts, and then His desires will become our desires flowing back to Him." -Arthur W. Pink

“Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.” - Mother Teresa

“I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.” - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited:

FineLinen

"I have tasted a thrill in fellowship with God which has made anything discordant with God disgusting." -Frank Laubach

3179.jpg