• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditations of the day

FineLinen

"God’s love is complete and without limit for you and for all mankind. He is perfectly just and merciful." ~ Joseph B. Wirthlin ~

"The church is not a place where perfect people gather to say perfect things, or have perfect thoughts, or have perfect feelings. The Church is a place where imperfect people gather to provide encouragement, support, and service to each other as we press on in our journey to return to our Heavenly Father." -Joseph B. Wirthlin

josephbwirthlin1-2x.jpg

Last edited:

FineLinen

877a27dc1d92b298800a6ea64157397e.jpg

“When God becomes man in Jesus of Nazareth, he not only enters into the finitude of man, but in his death on the cross also enters into the situation of man's godforsakenness. In Jesus he does not die the natural death of a finite being, but the violent death of the criminal on the cross, the death of complete abandonment by God. The suffering in the passion of Jesus is abandonment, rejection by God, his Father. God does not become a religion, so that man participates in him by corresponding religious thoughts and feelings. God does not become a law, so that man participates in him through obedience to a law. God does not become an ideal, so that man achieves community with him through constant striving. He humbles himself and takes upon himself the eternal death of the godless and the godforsaken, so that all the godless and the godforsaken can experience communion with him.” - Jürgen Moltmann

Last edited:

FineLinen

"The way of life is and must be through death. God our Father judges to save. He only saves by judging what is evil. The evil must be overthrown." -Andrew Jukes

FineLinen

“Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays. But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come. No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come. In this life or the next, Sunday will come.” - Joseph B. Wirthlin

FineLinen

"Pride must die in you, or nothing of heaven can live in you.” - Andrew Murray

“Humility is perfect quietness of heart. It is to expect nothing, to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me. It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised. It is to have a blessed home in the Lord, where I can go in and shut the door, and kneel to my Father in secret, and am at peace as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and above is trouble.” - Andrew Murray

Humility-is-the-displacement-of-self-by-179229.jpg

FineLinen

"Since our greatest need was forgiveness, God sent us a Savior. He became like us, so we could become like Him." -Max Lucado

"Our God is abundant in love and steadfast in mercy. He saves us, not because we trust in a symbol, but because we trust in a Savior." -Max Lucado

"God saves us because He loves us. It has nothing to do with our goodness or nobility, our achievements or agility. Our salvation depends completely upon our Savior."

max_lucado_slide_2.jpg

FineLinen

“As surely as the Husbandman made the Vine what it was to be, He will make each branch what it is to be. Our Father is our Husbandman, the Surety for our growth and fruit.... Let me learn the lesson, abiding is to be an act of the will and the whole heart. - Andrew Murray

"You are the branch.—You need be nothing more. You need not for one single moment of the day take upon you the responsibility of the Vine. You need not leave the place of entire dependence and unbounded confidence." - Andrew Murray

FineLinen

“God was thinking of you long before you ever thought about Him. His purpose for your life predates your conception. He planned it before you existed, without your input! You may choose your career, your spouse, your hobbies, and many other parts of your life, but you don’t get to choose your purpose.” -Rick Warren

williambarclay1-2x.jpg

Last edited:

FineLinen

“Change starts in your thoughts.”

“Yes, your transformation will be hard. Yes, you will feel frightened, messed up and knocked down. Yes, you’ll want to stop. Yes, it’s the best work you’ll ever do.” -Robin Sharma

3360c2a029fe4a8a9ff6a3ced102f333.png