• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditations of the day

FineLinen

iu

FineLinen

"The notion that the salvation of Jesus is a salvation from the consequences of our sins is a false, mean, low notion. The salvation of Christ is salvation from the smallest tendency or leaning to sin. It is a deliverance into the pure air of God’s ways of thinking and feeling." -George MacDonald-

iu

FineLinen

"If you are going to be used by God, He will take you through a number of experiences that are not meant for you personally at all. They are designed to make you useful in His hands, and to enable you to understand what takes place in the lives of others." -Oswald Chambers

"The great thing about faith in God is that it keeps a man undisturbed in the midst of disturbance." -Oswald Chambers

FineLinen

“Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering.... The love of God did not protect His own Son.... He will not necessarily protect us - not from anything it takes to make us like His Son. A lot of hammering and chiseling and purifying by fire will have to go into the process.” - Elisabeth Elliot-

iu

FineLinen

"I've never been surprised by God's judgment, but I'm still stunned by His grace." ~Max Lucado

iu

Last edited:

FineLinen

"I choose joy...I refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God." -Max Lacado-

iu

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Each time, before you intercede, be quiet first, and worship God in His glory. Think of what He can do, and how He delights to hear the prayers of His redeemed people. Think of your place and privilege in Christ, and expect great things!" -Andrew Murray

FineLinen

“Define yourself radically as one beloved by God. This is the true self. Every other identity is illusion.” ~ Brennan Manning

iu

Last edited:

FineLinen

“I have spent much of my life around death. I have sat with people as they died. I have listened to others relate near-death experiences. I have studied theology and am aware of what scriptures and religions say about life and death. And I have come to the conclusion that death is not to be feared. Moreover, when it is time for me to move out of this tenement in which I am housed, I intend to look forward to it joyfully.” - Steve Goodier-

iu

FineLinen

“What makes authentic disciples is not visions, ecstasies, biblical mastery of chapter and verse, or spectacular success in the ministry, but a capacity for faithfulness. Buffeted by the fickle winds of failure, battered by their own unruly emotions, and bruised by rejection and ridicule, authentic disciples may have stumbled and frequently fallen, endured lapses and relapses, gotten handcuffed to the fleshpots and wandered into a far county. Yet, they kept coming back to Jesus.” - Brennan Manning-

The Ragamuffin Gospel: Good News for the Bedraggled, Beat-Up, and Burnt Out

FineLinen

"The purpose of prayer is emphatically not to bend God's will to ours, but rather to align our will to His." -John Stott

"God's purpose is to make us one with Himself, it is at-one-ment." -David E. Johnson