• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditations of the day

FineLinen

Question: The tread headline say. "meditation of the day" But in the tread it is only qoutes from thinkers of the world?
Where is your own words about meditation? or where is the part about mediation?

Dear Amanaki: This link will be dominated by individuals who are acquainted with a realm quite outside the thinking of this world.

I could spend a wee dimension of time regarding the hypobranchial glands of the murex marine snail from which the vibrant colours in priestly garments of the Old covenant are found.

Perhaps the outer laminar spheres of the unspeakable unknown, but alas not yet.

The blessing of the Most High God be yours today!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Dear Amanaki: This link will be dominated by individuals who are acquainted with a realm quite outside the thinking of this world.

I could spend a wee dimension of time regarding the hypobranchial glands of the murex marine snail from which the vibrant colours in priestly garments of the Old covenant are found.

Perhaps the outer laminar spheres of the unspeakable unknown, but alas not yet.

The blessing of the Most High God be yours today!
As a fulltime meditator i would think i have a grasp of the sphere outside the physical realm. But when i read your posts i can not find the meditation part :) only quotes from other people then you self, this was the reason i reacted to the title of your OP.

FineLinen

"This plea contradicts itself; for to assert that because of man's freedom he can go on for ever choosing evil, is, in fact, to plead not for human freedom, but for servitude, the basest, the most degrading. Take the assertion to pieces and it comes to this. To preserve man's dignity he must be permitted to become the slave of evil if he will, the associate of devils for ever -to secure his prerogative of freedom he must be allowed to sink into hopeless servitude to sin. What would you say were an earthly father to reason thus?-I will permit my child to become a hopeless drunkard for the sake of preserving his sobriety; I will permit my daughter to sink into vice for the sake of preserving her chastity. Under these circumstances, it is mere rhetoric to talk of "forcing" the will. The will yields, because it is free, and because good is finally the strongest force in an universe ruled by God.” - Thomas Allin,-

FineLinen

As a fulltime meditator i would think i have a grasp of the sphere outside the physical realm. But when i read your posts i can not find the meditation part :) only quotes from other people then you self, this was the reason i reacted to the title of your OP.

My friend: Being a full time meditator will hopefully lead you to realms never considered in the Source, Guide and Goal of all that is.

FineLinen

"We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill-

FineLinen

“Parables are told only because they are true, not because the actions of the characters in them can be recommended for imitation. Good Samaritans are regularly sued. Fathers who give parties for wayward sons are rightly rebuked, Employers who pay equal wages for unequal work have labor-relations problems. And any Shepherd who makes a practice of leaving ninety-nine sheep to chase after a lost one quickly goes out of the sheep-ranching business.

The parables are true only because they are like what God is like, not because they are models for us to copy. It is simply a fact that the one thing we dare not under any circumstances imitate is the only thing that can save us. The parables are, one and all, about the foolishness by which Grace raises the dead. They apply to no sensible process at all - only to the divine insanity that brings everything out of nothing.” - Robert F. Capon-

FineLinen

"God has mercy on us. He says ‘yes’ to us, he wills to be on our side, to be our God against all odds. Indeed against all odds, because we do not deserve this mercy, because, as we rightly suppose, he should say ‘no’ to us all. But he does not say ‘no’; he says ‘yes’. He is not against us; he is for us. This is God’s mercy." -Karl Barth-

proxy.php

FineLinen

"If you want to know who God is, look at Jesus. If you want to know what it means to be human, look at Jesus. If you want to know what love is, look at Jesus. If you want to know what grief is, look at Jesus. And go on looking until you’re not just a spectator, but you’re actually part of the drama which has him as the central character." -N. T. Wright-

FineLinen

“It is doubtful whether God can bless a man greatly until He has hurt him deeply.” - A.W. Tozer-

“The reason why many are still troubled, still seeking, still making little forward progress is because they haven’t yet come to the end of themselves. We’re still trying to give orders, and interfering with God’s work within us. ” - A. W. Tozer-

FineLinen

“Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading.” - Oswald Chambers-

FineLinen

The following is one of the oldest sermon illustrations used in the Christian church.

It also tests one’s understanding of the Christian life.

There once lived an ugly, hunchback dwarf. No one ever invited him to a party. No one showed him love or even attention. He became disillusioned with life and decided to climb a mountain and throw himself from its peak into the abyss.

When he ascended the mountain, he met a beautiful girl. He talked to her and discovered that she was climbing the mountain for the same purpose. Her suffering was at the other extreme. She had everyone’s attention and love, but the one she loved had forsaken her for another girl, one with riches.

She felt life had no meaning for her any longer, so they decided to make the ascent together.

While they climbed, they met a man who introduced himself as a police officer in search of a very dangerous bandit who had robbed and murdered many people. The king had promised a large reward to the person who captured him.

The police officer was very confident: “I will catch him because I know he has a feature by which he can be recognized. He has six fingers on his right hand. The police have been looking for him for years. For the last two or three, nothing has been heard from him, but he must pay for a multitude of past crimes.”

The three climbed the mountain. Near its peak was a monastery.

Its abbot, although he had become a monk only recently, had quickly attained great renown for saintliness. When they entered the monastery, he came to meet them. You could see the glory of God in his face

As the girl bowed to kiss his right hand, she saw he had six fingers. With this, the story ends.

Those who hear this story are perplexed. It can’t finish like this! What happened to the dwarf, the girl, the policeman? Was the criminal caught?

The story’s beauty is that it does finish here.

Something beautiful has happened: A criminal hunted because of his many robberies and murders has become a great saint, renowned for his godly life. All the rest is of no further interest.

The great miracle has been performed. Christ has been born in the heart of a man of very low character.

FineLinen

“Nothing in all the vast universe can come to pass otherwise than God has eternally purposed. Here is a foundation of faith. Here is a resting place for the intellect. Here is an anchor for the soul, both sure and steadfast. It is not blind fate, unbridled evil, man or devil, but the Lord Almighty who is ruling the world, ruling it according to His own good pleasure and for His own eternal glory.” -A.W. Pink-

FineLinen

"Arguments about God are like pointing a flashlight toward the sky to see if the sun is shining." -N. T. Wright-

"Wherever St. Paul went, there was a riot. Wherever I go, they serve tea." -N. T. Wright-

FineLinen

"In the Christian story God descends to reascend. He comes down;.... down to the very roots and sea-bed of the Nature He has created. But He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him." -C.S. Lewis-

FineLinen

71c5c0e332bbd1588f7891b13f747ae05563d05c.jpeg

“The greater the difficulty the more glory in surmounting it.

Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

FineLinen

"Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time." - Oswald Chambers-