• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditations of the day

FineLinen

“When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” - Winston Churchill-

FineLinen

"In Love's service, only wounded soldiers can serve." -Brennan Manning-

“I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of; for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest and most precious thing in all thinking.” - George MacDonald-

FineLinen

Dr. E.W. Bullinger, The Companion Bible

“We have not an impotent Father, or a disappointed Christ, or a defeated Holy Ghost, as is so commonly preached; but an omnipotent Father, an all-victorious Christ, and an almighty Holy Spirit, able to break the hardest heart and subdue the stoutest will.”

FineLinen

"We must stop regarding unpleasant or unexpected things as interruptions of real life. The truth is that interruptions are real life." -C. S. Lewis-

"Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties." -C. S. Lewis-

FineLinen

"Sheer scholarship alone cannot reveal to us the gospel of grace. We must never allow the authority of books, institutions, or leaders to replace the authority of knowing Jesus Christ personally and directly. When the religious views of others interpose between us and the primary experience of Jesus as the Christ, we become unconvicted and unpersuasive travel agents handing out brochures to places we have never visited." -Brennan Manning-

FineLinen

"The way of trust is a movement into obscurity, into the undefined, into ambiguity, not into some predetermined, clearly delineated plan for the future. The next step discloses itself only out of a discernment of God acting in the desert of the present moment. The reality of naked trust is the life of the pilgrim who leaves what is nailed down, obvious, and secure, and walks into the unknown without any rational explanation to justify the decision or guarantee the future. Why? Because God has signaled the movement and offered it his presence and his promise." -Brennan Manning-

FineLinen

"Agape love is...profound concern for the well-being of another, without any desire to control that other, to be thanked by that other, or to enjoy the process." -Madeleine L'Engle-

FineLinen

what-is-patience.jpg

FineLinen

"The most powerful thing that can happen in the place of prayer is that you yourself become the prayer. You leave the prayer room able as Jesus' hands and feet on earth. This is what it means to pray continually (without ceasing), to see with the eyes of Jesus and to hear with His ears with every waking moment." -.Brennan Manning-

quote-i-am-wonderfully-content-with-a-god-who-does-not-deal-with-me-as-my-sins-deserve-brennan-manning-82-50-84.jpg

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Religion is the possibility of the removal of every ground of confidence except confidence in God alone." -Karl Barth-

FineLinen

"I am deeply distressed by what I only can call in our Christian culture the idolatry of the Scriptures. For many Christians, the Bible is not a pointer to God but God himself... God cannot be confined within the covers of a leather-bound book. I develop a nasty rash around people who speak as if mere scrutiny of its pages will reveal precisely how God thinks and precisely what God wants." -Brennan Manning-

"I believe that the real difference in the American church is not between conservatives and liberals, fundamentalists and charismatics, nor between Republicans and Democrats. The real difference is between the aware and the unaware." -Brennan Manning-

quote-those-who-have-the-disease-called-jesus-will-never-be-cured-brennan-manning-45-80-51.jpg

Last edited:

FineLinen

"The only opportunity you will ever have to live by faith is in the circumstances you are provided this very day: this house you live in, this family you find yourself in, this job you have been given, the weather conditions that prevail at the ...moment." -Eugene H. Peterson

FineLinen

"O God, when my faith gets overladen with dust, blow it clean with the wind of your Spirit. When my habits of obedience get stiff and rusty, anoint them with the oil of your Spirit. Restore the enthusiasm of my first love for you." -Eugene H. Peterson-

FineLinen

"Lord, when I feel that what I'm doing is insignificant and unimportant, help me to remember that everything I do is significant and important in your eyes, because you love me and you put me here, and no one else can do what I am doing in exactly the way I do it." -Brennan Manning-

"In every encounter we either give life or we drain it; there is no neutral exchange." -Brennan Manning-