• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditations of the day

FineLinen

Gods-grace-is-not-only-amazing-grace-it-is-abounding-grace.-Vance-Havner.jpg

FineLinen

I’m wearying to escape into that glorious world, and to be always there: not seeing it dimly through tears, and yearning for it through the walls of an aching heart: but really with it, and in it.“ — Emily Brontë

FineLinen

I hold that all notions of divine destruction concern the destruction of that which is contrary to the divine will.

The narrow way is the way of self-denial and love. The wide way is the way self-centerdness and inordinate self-love.

Our real self is to live into the image we bear, denying the false self that asserts itself as superior to the divine will. That false self (our old man) will be destroyed. God will destroy all that is not of God and all that is contrary to the divine intention (sin and evil).

God will not destroy the image God creates, but few truly deny themselves and live into the image, thus avoiding the destruction of the illusory self in the age to come.

If we deny self and take up our cross, the false self is already dead- dead to sin; alive to God. Even I have questions, but the idea that God destroys the vast amount of those created in the image would be a much harder notion for me to accept as fitting for God.

"I can say with confidence that if the things whose loss you are bemoaning were really yours, you could never have lost them.” ~Boethius, waiting to be executed, from The Consolation of Philosophy ~Chad Rhoads

FineLinen

Luke+4-19+To+Proclaim+The+Acceptable+Year+of+the+Lord.jpg

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, and he has anointed me to be hope for the poor, healing for the brokenhearted, and new eyes for the blind, and to preach to prisoners, ‘You are set free!’ I have come to share the message of Jubilee, for the time of God’s great acceptance has begun.” ~TPT