• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditation

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Would you say that meditation must be consistently practiced then? Not just for a month until you’re feeling better?

That's a personal decision that only you can make. If you decide to develop a detailed meditation practice and tailor it to your own worldview, yes, you may need to practice consistently, even if you feel better. Meditation can become a cornerstone of one's psychology—an anchor that helps to keep you steady whether you're struggling or doing well. If this is something you want to make a part of your life, I think practicing is well worth it.

We Never Know

No Slack
I'd like to start meditating. I've had a lot of stress and I noticed that the main way I deal with it is suppressing it, because there's not much else I can do. There's a lot of responsibilities that I have, and a lot of things I worry about on top of it. I just worry that it is unhealthy, even though I feel alright.

Would meditating 15 minutes a day be enough? And how specifically do you do it (I'd rather not watch a five minute video or read a lengthy article, just simple instructions)

Every time I've tried meditating in the past I would only do it for a couple weeks then stop. Maybe that's okay though, maybe I don't have to do it every day for the rest of my life, just when I need to.

I play mahjong on my computer or online. The music is relaxing. Plus you get to play a game

We Never Know

No Slack
I'd like to start meditating. I've had a lot of stress and I noticed that the main way I deal with it is suppressing it, because there's not much else I can do. There's a lot of responsibilities that I have, and a lot of things I worry about on top of it. I just worry that it is unhealthy, even though I feel alright.

Would meditating 15 minutes a day be enough? And how specifically do you do it (I'd rather not watch a five minute video or read a lengthy article, just simple instructions)

Every time I've tried meditating in the past I would only do it for a couple weeks then stop. Maybe that's okay though, maybe I don't have to do it every day for the rest of my life, just when I need to.

Try this song