1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditation area.

Discussion in 'Prayers and Meditations' started by Amanaki, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Amanaki

Amanaki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,963
    Religion:
    Cultivator of Buddha Dhamma
    When you meditate, do you have a spesific area in your house or outside you do your daily meditation?

Because of my current living situation i have a corner in my livingroom dedicated to meditation, But one day i will build a meditation center, not only for my self, but for all people to come to study meditation and a place for solitude. But that is in the future so i do not lay any solid plan yet.

• Like Like x 2
  2. sayak83

sayak83 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,030
    Religion:
    Pluralist Hindu
    I travel by bus by 1 hr to office. I meditate while sitting in bus. So two hours every weekday. :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12,596
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu
    We have an entire room dedicated to it. It's also the home temple. Japa. pujas. scriptural reading as well. When the kids were all at home it was a smaller space, but now we dedicated a former bedroom to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. SalixIncendium

SalixIncendium सच्चितानन्द
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,776
    Religion:
    Advaitist Hindu
    Because of my job, I drive rather than depend on public transportation, but while I've meditated on planes and trains in the past, I'm not sure I'd feel safe enough to try that on a Cleveland city bus.

As far as meditation places, I typically meditate in my office chair in my living room (I live alone, so the only possibility of a disruption is a phone call from one of my restaurants).

I've been known to take a brief meditation break in my car between restaurant visits.

I also have a spot on a Lake Erie beach break wall that I use, weather permitting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Be your own guru

Ratings:
    +7,865
    Religion:
    I am an advaitist Hindu pagan and a strong atheist.
    Meditated in front of a busy road in Delhi with honking of bus, car and lorry horns. You know, Indians like very high note, loud horns. Decent horns will be disregarded by people here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. crossfire

crossfire Antinomian feminist heretic freak ☿
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,531
    Religion:
    ☿ Mercuræn Buddhist & Ordained Pastafarian
    I'll meditate wherever, but there is a hard chair in my living room and a cushion at the foot of my bed that I tend to gravitate to.

• Like Like x 1