• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditating for consistent results?

bluewaters100

I'm looking for ways to achieve spiritual insight and a more spiritual mindset through meditations, and I was wondering of anyone else here has had success with that. I've been doing the meditations on the Joy of Satan site for a while and I've made decent progress, but I wanted to know if anyone else here has seen improvement with consistent meditation. Do you noticed an increasing ability to understand Occult/esoteric topics and theories, and come up with your own?

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Meditation can be a great tool. I prefer to meditate on specific things though, as I find that my mind tends to wander when I don't have a goal in mind. Meditation allows you to separate yourself from stress and mundane activities and therefore gives you the chance to connect with whatever it is you are aiming to become closer to. Meditation silences the mind as well. This is a great tool to use before performing any ritual as it removes any worries or stresses you may have. I meditate heavily before, even during, my rituals. I use the time to think precisely on a topic or to open myself up to receiving an invocation. It definitely helps me understand things and connect with who/whatever I'm working with better.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
In my own experience meditation for me has helped me of certain performances within ritual Magick. It has helped me to clear my mind from unwanted thoughts that interfere with it. I originally used to do meditations for my psyche during some of my months as an adept or neophyte within Magick. I do not really consider meditation to be with spiritualism alone. I view meditation to be useful before you would perform a ritual. I do not meditate anymore as I have progressed new independent techniques as a student and as an initiate to my own path.

Parchment

Meditation can be a great tool. I prefer to meditate on specific things though, as I find that my mind tends to wander when I don't have a goal in mind. Meditation allows you to separate yourself from stress and mundane activities and therefore gives you the chance to connect with whatever it is you are aiming to become closer to. Meditation silences the mind as well. This is a great tool to use before performing any ritual as it removes any worries or stresses you may have. I meditate heavily before, even during, my rituals. I use the time to think precisely on a topic or to open myself up to receiving an invocation. It definitely helps me understand things and connect with who/whatever I'm working with better.

Contemplating the lint in ones own navel, I like this girl
63ff483940ec3cec928a1e9107f77bdd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Liu

I'm pretty much a novice myself, so I can't tell you whether meditating will help you with magick and the like, if that even exists.

But I made it a habit to meditate daily and it does help with some things that can be considered spiritual as well. It tells you a lot about your current mindset, and about yourself in general. For example, take notice which kinds of thoughts tend to re-appear in your mind, and which of them are easy or harder to let go of.
Since at least some of us consider Satan to be the god of our own innermost self, studying the self is studying the divine.

If there are external entities or the higher self etc. then I suppose meditating will also make communication with such more easily as you then can better distinguish between their messages and your own thoughts, or just simply even notice their messages better at all.

It might also be that meditation helps in your daily life by making you more relaxed and detached; in that way it may protect you from outside influences and strengthen your will.

And well, I don't manage yet to achieve that regularly, but getting in a really deep trance feels pretty awesome.

Regarding the ability to understand occult topics, that's pretty hard to measure as I find that simply reading more of it makes it easier to understand and will inspire you to your own theories.

VioletVortex

Meditations won't always bring consistent results... the outcome varies based on your mindset prior to doing the meditation. The more you meditate, the more consistent and familiar the effects will be, but you will never be able to have a consistent, concrete outcome that comes with each session.