• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mediator

Shak34

Could you please explain why you believe that Jesus is only the mediator for the 144,000. I was reading a passage in the Worldwide Security book where it says on page 9 or 10:

"Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members."

I would like to understand where this comes from since 1 Timothy 2: 5,6 seems to say that he is the mediator for all. What scriptures points you to this belief? I was also wondering if Jesus is the mediator for only the 144,000, who mediates for everyone else?

Last edited:

rusra02

Premium Member
Could you please explain why you believe that Jesus is only the mediator for the 144,000. I was reading a passage in the Worldwide Security book where it says on page 9 or 10:

"Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members."

I would like to understand where this comes from since 1 Timothy 2: 5,6 seems to say that he is the mediator for all. What scriptures points you to this belief? I was also wondering if Jesus is the mediator for only the 144,000, who mediates for everyone else?

This quote is from W08 12/15: " Read 1 Timothy 2:5, 6. Jesus is the “one mediator between God and men.” He is “the mediator of a new covenant.” (Heb. 9:15; 12:24) However, Moses is also spoken of as a mediator—the mediator of the Law covenant. (Gal. 3:19) How, then, is Jesus’ role as Mediator unique?

The original-language word translated “mediator” is a legal term. It refers to Jesus as a legal Mediator (or, in a sense, an attorney) of the new covenant that made possible the birth of a new nation, “the Israel of God.” (Gal. 6:16) This nation is composed of spirit-anointed Christians, who form a heavenly “royal priesthood.” (1 Pet. 2:9; Ex. 19:6) The Law covenant, with Moses as mediator, was not able to produce a nation like that.

What does Jesus’ role as Mediator involve? Well, Jehovah applies the value of Jesus’ blood to those being brought into the new covenant. In this way, Jehovah legally credits them with righteousness. (Rom. 3:24; Heb. 9:15) God can then take them into the new covenant with the prospect of their becoming heavenly king-priests! As their Mediator, Jesus assists them in maintaining a clean standing before God.—Heb. 2:16.

What about those who are not in the new covenant, those who hope to live forever on earth, not in heaven? While not participants in the new covenant, these are beneficiaries of it. They receive forgiveness of their sins and are declared righteous as God’s friends. (Jas. 2:23; 1 John 2:1, 2) Whether we have a heavenly hope or an earthly hope, each one of us has good reason to appreciate Jesus’ role as the Mediator of the new covenant."

Shak34

I still don't understand. I'm not seeing/understanding how those scriptures say that he is the mediator for only the anointed/144,000. Could you possibly go into a greater detail? Thanks.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I still don't understand. I'm not seeing/understanding how those scriptures say that he is the mediator for only the anointed/144,000. Could you possibly go into a greater detail? Thanks.

What is it which makes it possible for all mankind to be saved from sin and death?

It is the new covenant which makes this salvation possible.

So we understand that the new covenant is primarily between Jesus and his anointed followers. Jesus had hundreds of disciples before he died, yet he instituted the covenant 'for a kingdom' between himself and his 11 apostles as we can see in the gospels:
Luke 22:28 “However, you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

The question is why didnt Jesus make this covenant with all his disciples? And the answser to that is found in Revelation 1: 6 and he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father—yes, to him be the glory and the might forever. Amen.

So the covenant he made with his anointed followers was a covenant 'for a kingdom' to rule as 'kings and priests' to Jehovah God. These anointed ones do not sit on Jehovahs throne...only Jesus sits on Jehovahs throne... rather these anointed ones sit on thrones by means of Jesus rulership and authority as is mentioned in Revelation 3:21 To the one who conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, just as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne

So the new covenant is between Jesus and his anointed disciples. The rest of mankind will not be ruling as Kings and Priests...they will be the earthly subjects who come under the authority of those in the new heavenly kingdom.

Does that make sense?