• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media Wars

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I hardly ever watch cable news networks, I know who Hannity is though.

Nor should you. :D

You have to consider though why isn't CNN suing Trump for repeatedly calling them "Fake News"?

I suspect it's a little hard to nail down what is offered as opinion vs being stated as a fact.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"The owner of right-leaning cable news channel One America News Network (OANN) has filed a defamation lawsuit against Rachel Maddow and others claiming that the 46-year-old liberal commentator “maliciously and recklessly” smeared the network as a Russian state propaganda outlet."

"In comments obtained by Law&Crime, Miller reiterated the anti-factual nature of Maddow’s Russian jab at the right-wing network."

“One America is wholly owned, operated and financed by the Herring family in San Diego,” Miller said. “They are as American as apple pie. They are not paid by Russia and have nothing to do with the Russian government. This is a false and malicious libel, and they’re going to answer for it in a court of law.”
Conservative Network Files $10M Defamation Lawsuit Against Rachel Maddow, MSNBC

How disgraceful spreading such blatant lies. And people are expected to TRUST the media? How could they..?
Hah!
I suspected form the title it was about that news item.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Nor should you. :D

You have to consider though why isn't CNN suing Trump for repeatedly calling them "Fake News"?

I suspect it's a little hard to nail down what is offered as opinion vs being stated as a fact.

Probably because with CNN it's true for the most part. Plus, it's more like an opinion. Calling OAN "literal Russian propoganda" is a total lie.

Shad

Veteran Member
Maddow is like Fox's Hannity. They exist as sounding boards for the politically disgruntled. Light entertainment echo chambers.

People like them for their opinions not news facts.

I suspect it'd be like CNN suing Trump for calling them fake news.

Pretty much. Media these days sells a produce to specific audiences hence tailor the news for that audience.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've watched OAN a few times. They're pro-America and seem to be well mannered and dignified. Maybe that's why MSNBC wants to paint them as a Russian Troll Network? IDK.
It's an interesting news source to watch because of their strong bias.
They're also very pro-Christian.