• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meat lovers thread!

Favorite meat?

• Beef

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Pork

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Chicken

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fish

• Lamb

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Venison

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Double ew
Or
W

I'll eat most things, even deadly poisonous stuff but i just cannot do offal. My grandad used to eat tripe, made me sick to try it and liver and onion served for school lunch was enough to give me lifelong trauma
You haven't lived until you've gone to a really good Italian restaurant for the fegato di vitello (calves liver), perfectly sauteed to just past pink in butter, bit of garlic and herbs. Il secondo perfetto!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You dont know what you are missing, i can recommend them all. I won't eat goat or duck now but only because i used to keep them and became fond of their antics. Funny, i kept chickens to but dont have the same reluctance. I wonder why that is?

Chickens are just asking for it, really. Kind of like the steer in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe --- "Good choice, sir, I'll just go back to the kitchen and shoot myself!"
Yes, whenever ive had venison it has been really tasty.
Had the most brilliant carpaccio of red deer at Rules restaurant in Maiden Lane in London several years ago. Wonderful. Then took the Chunnel to Paris, and ate in Le Grand Vefour in the Palais Royale. They are, by the way, the oldest restaurants in London and Paris -- and the choices were deliberate and booked over a year ahead.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
There used to be lot but this is all i can find now. Just an outline of how its done.

Basically seasoned like smoked salmon but smoked for twice as long then cooked through

Edit, sorry, forget the link

Hot-smoked salmon and horseradish potatoes recipe
Best smoked fish dish in the world is Finnan Haddie! Smoked haddock filet in a cream sauce with onions and potatoe. Gotta love it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Best smoked fish dish in the world is Finnan Haddie! Smoked haddock filet in a cream sauce with onions and potatoe. Gotta love it.

Is that you Dan?

0f7.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
A decent rib-eye or strip loin steak, perfectly prepared (medium rare) with any nice pan sauce is always a treat.

But really, until you've done yourself braised beef cheeks, you don't know how deep flavour can get. Flavour comes from muscle use -- and for a cud-chewing animal, guess what muscle is used the most!

Brown first, braise in a big red wine (like a Malbec) flavoured with mire poix, thyme, some orange peel. Strain the sauce later. Absolute delight.

By the way, they can be hard to find, so phone your butcher ahead of time to see if he can get some. You won't regret it.

I adore rib-eye, unfortunately it is rarely available in france. The beef is cut differently to get an extra steak from each rib. The result is a very thin rib steak, and an entrecôte. Just not the same as a nice thick, rare rib-eye

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Smoked haddock is special, i don't usually buy a couple on the market each weak. Slice them into portions for one meal, the remainder goes into a mixed fish pie.