• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meat lovers thread!

Favorite meat?

• Beef

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Pork

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Chicken

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fish

• Lamb

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Venison

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Never tried: goat, duck, buffalo, alligator, octopus, squid, shark,...etc.

You dont know what you are missing, i can recommend them all. I won't eat goat or duck now but only because i used to keep them and became fond of their antics. Funny, i kept chickens to but dont have the same reluctance. I wonder why that is?

Had venison stew once, but I think it was cooked improperly. It was probably boiled into tastelessness.

Yes, whenever ive had venison it has been really tasty.

Batya

Always Forward
Well I put other because mine is water buffalo, although really I like beef the same. :D I bought some water buffalo when I was 14, so we raised them for a while and had one processed for meat. It's very similar to beef, though a lot leaner.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
I notice there's many threads about vegetarianism and veganism, but I haven't seen one celebrating meat as a food. So here it is.

You can discuss your favorite meats, favorite recipes, hunting, etc.

I personally love beef. I'm a big steak guy. I love ribeyes and T-bones (when I can afford it!), and burgers. After that it would have to be chicken in all its variety. My favorite fish are salmon and tuna.
I do like a good steak. Not sure if I can pick a favorite though. Beef, pork, lamb, bison, venison, chicken, turkey, duck, lamb, goat, oysters, clams, pork, crayfish, shrimp, crabs, tuna, salmon, rabbit, squirrel, trout, beef, catfish, lobster, ostrich, crickets...

I even ate a minnow once. By accident. Didn't a real chance to experience the gastronomic nuances of it.

I suppose beef, pork and lamb top my list of favorites from the meat category.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am really wondering about whether Groot weighs the same as a duck.
Likely a wood duck.
il_fullxfull.985388432_mmre.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Since I trend to plan my meals around the meat I guess I am a meat lover too.
Where i live gesiers is a gourmet food.. i stay out of restaurants that serve them
I know a girl that likes them. Buys packets of gizzards and fries them up in a sauce. The few times that I run into them, always in a turkey, I do cook them up. Then they get served to the cats.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Turkey. Specially burgers.
My housemate resists new food. She would not ever eat ground turkey. She called it "welfare food" even though ground turkey is usually more expensive than ground beef. Anyway I found a recipe for meatballs and substituted ground turkey for the combination of beef and pork. She loved them. It was not until after she was done that I told her that they were turkey burger. Since then I can use ground turkey, but only for meatballs. I don't feel like eating an entire meatloaf myself, but ground turkey does make a very tasty meatloaf. The problem is that the color is off and she would not even try it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Since I trend to plan my meals around the meat I guess I am a meat lover too.

I know a girl that likes them. Buys packets of gizzards and fries them up in a sauce. The few times that I run into them, always in a turkey, I do cook them up. Then they get served to the cats.

My cat loves them

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
My housemate resists new food. She would not ever eat ground turkey. She called it "welfare food" even though ground turkey is usually more expensive than ground beef. Anyway I found a recipe for meatballs and substituted ground turkey for the combination of beef and pork. She loved them. It was not until after she was done that I told her that they were turkey burger. Since then I can use ground turkey, but only for meatballs. I don't feel like eating an entire meatloaf myself, but ground turkey does make a very tasty meatloaf. The problem is that the color is off and she would not even try it.
My grandma has alpha gal syndrome. Can't eat mammal meat cuz of a tick bite. Could die from it. After living with her for a while I find I have a preference for it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Turkey burgers are indeed not as tasty as beef.

We Never Know

No Slack

Turkey burger is pretty good in chili too.