• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meat lovers thread!

Favorite meat?

• Beef

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Pork

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Chicken

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fish

• Lamb

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Venison

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I notice there's many threads about vegetarianism and veganism, but I haven't seen one celebrating meat as a food. So here it is.

You can discuss your favorite meats, favorite recipes, hunting, etc.

I personally love beef. I'm a big steak guy. I love ribeyes and T-bones (when I can afford it!), and burgers. After that it would have to be chicken in all its variety. My favorite fish are salmon and tuna.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I notice there's many threads about vegetarianism and veganism, but I haven't seen one celebrating meat as a food. So here it is.

I personally love beef. I'm a big steak guy. I love ribeyes and T-bones (when I can afford it!), and burgers. After that it would have to be chicken in all its variety. My favorite fish are salmon and tuna.
I think poultry is my main dish. Steak is definitely up there but I can't eat as much as I used to.

Smoked fish are my favorite and sardines and onion sandwiches.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't have a favourite, i love it all. Although i do think offal is awful

exchemist

Veteran Member

If I had to choose, it would be lamb. Nothing goes better with a good Bordeaux. In fact, we had a particularly good slow-cooked shoulder, with garlic and rosemary in the skin, to mark Easter Sunday, with a very nice 2005 St. Julien.

But we are cutting down on beef and lamb, as they come from ruminants that emit a lot of methane. So I'm getting into duck and rabbit, both of which can be delicious.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Kind of a toss-up between Buffalo and one of my favorites fish (Salmon, Ono, Walleye..)

But I eat those very sparingly. IMO, they all ought to cost $30-$40 / pound, because that's the cost to our environment.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Turkey drumstick...the ultimate meat.
Also love....
goat
beef
lobster
lamb
pork
anchovy
salmon

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I used to ram it down.

Double ew
Or
W

I'll eat most things, even deadly poisonous stuff but i just cannot do offal. My grandad used to eat tripe, made me sick to try it and liver and onion served for school lunch was enough to give me lifelong trauma

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Double ew
Or
W

I'll eat most things, even deadly poisonous stuff but i just cannot do offal. My grandad used to eat tripe, made me sick to try it and liver and onion served for school lunch was enough to give me lifelong trauma
Offal is awful.
Liver is vile.
Tripe is disgusting.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Double ew
Or
W

I drew the line at tripe. My mum ate it raw, with vinegar. Definite war thing I think (or hope!). Till I became a nutter my favourite meal was liver and onions.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Meat is murder.

Sorry, could not resist. :)

When I ate animals I confess to loving rainbow trout (at least the way I cooked it) and a good steak.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Avacados are a sort of meat but are probably more like an egg. They're good when they're ripe, but I always feel so guilty about throwing away the seed.

Beef broth is much less expensive than beef and can make rice or grits taste like dressing, particularly with some thyme, heavy butter, turmeric and lemon pepper.

I rarely if ever eat pork. I just prefer not to. Its safe to eat, but somehow all the kosher people affect me. I felt guilty one time eating it which made no sense. I generally avoid pork unconsciously unless someone gives me some. I'll eat pepperoni or something once in a while.

Bacon is not worth the money (and is not pork in my opinion). You cook it until its a shriveled piece of carbon, and at that moment it becomes more expensive than lamb. What's the point? Skip to the end of the process by chewing some graphite.

Lamb is fantastic but not worth the money. Nobody around here raises sheep.

Don't like gamey meat such as rabbit, frog, blue crab, oysters or other oyster like things. They're just weird and *they do not* taste like chicken.

Never tried: goat, duck, buffalo, alligator, octopus, squid, shark,...etc.

Had venison stew once, but I think it was cooked improperly. It was probably boiled into tastelessness.