• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meat-Eating vs. Bestiality

Curious George

Veteran Member
Seems that there is some sort of misunderstanding here. Are you saying that middle-aged people need meat or they don't? It's very hard to tell from your words since you only talk about "studies about middle-aged people"...are these studies pro-meat or pro-plant based? Perhaps you are saying that adolescents and young children need meat?
No, it is a qualifier. I have not read anything that suggests moderate amounts of meat are not necessary or healthy for people under thirty or children. So, I would not go so far. Our dietary needs change over time. So, concluding that meat in x amount is unhealthy for all is not an easy issue.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Seems that there is some sort of misunderstanding here. Are you saying that middle-aged people need meat or they don't? It's very hard to tell from your words since you only talk about "studies about middle-aged people"...are these studies pro-meat or pro-plant based? Perhaps you are saying that adolescents and young children need meat?
http://m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/5/1693S.full

I am saying that middle age (50-65) people should likely reduce their protein intake given the March 4 2014, http://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(14)00062-X
article in cell metabolism. I am pretty certain I have read elsewhere that has suggested moderate amounts of protein can have adverse effects above age 35. I have never read any study supporting people under this age have any adverse effects from moderate amounts of protein. I have read that people who are without animal protein must take more care in dietary planning because of known problems such as b12 deficiency. Now, I am not saying it is not possible to plan around this. I am however saying that it requires more effort. Do you disagree?

Last edited:

Chakra

Premium Member
http://m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/5/1693S.full

I am saying that middle age (50-65) people should likely reduce their protein intake given the March 4 2014, http://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(14)00062-X
article in cell metabolism. I am pretty certain I have read elsewhere that has suggested moderate amounts of protein can have adverse effects above age 35. I have never read any study supporting people under this age have any adverse effects from moderate amounts of protein. I have read that people who are without animal protein must take more care in dietary planning because of known problems such as b12 deficiency. Now, I am not saying it is not possible to plan around this. I am however saying that it requires more effort. Do you disagree?
Thanks for providing links to studies. I will look at them later.

Yes, vegans have a harder time with B12, but I think meat-eaters shouldn't be too careless. They may need B12 supplements too. The only reason why there is B12 in meat is because it is injected in, as far as I know.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Thanks for providing links to studies. I will look at them later.

Yes, vegans have a harder time with B12, but I think meat-eaters shouldn't be too careless. They may need B12 supplements too. The only reason why there is B12 in meat is because it is injected in, as far as I know.
B12 is naturally occurring in animal products. It is true that b12 is produced by bacteria, but that bacteria is naturally found in some animals.

RRex

Premium Member
Meat-eater here, bring it to me rare. :ox:

Bestiality? That's just wrong. :thumbsdown::handpointleft:

No one in their right mind does that to an animal.