• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile in Oregon...

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Today was the annual Northwest giant pumpkin Regatta. A bunch of nerds hollow out giant Moon pumpkins and paddle them around a man-made lake in a 3 heat race. It rained very hard, but was packed to the brim anyway.
This is the taste of my town. My town in a nutshell. Or in a pumpkin.
FB_IMG_1508623239130.jpg
FB_IMG_1508623281302.jpg

David T

Premium Member
Today was the annual Northwest giant pumpkin Regatta. A bunch of nerds hollow out giant Moon pumpkins and paddle them around a man-made lake in a 3 heat race. It rained very hard, but was packed to the brim anyway.
View attachment 19338 View attachment 19339
Apparently some people not from oregon think this race is good ole goofy fun. Hell here in oregon goofy is normal!! But I have been outside all week in this monsoon weather in Astoria enjoying it so I am waterlogged on the brain anyway.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I love the Oregon coast. It reminds me of Alaska.

When on vacation, we always start and end our vacation by driving the Washington and Oregon coastline.

We always go online and look for events like medieval fairs, local festivals, Oktoberfest, etc. :D

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I lived on an island in the middle of the Willamette river one summer while I was working for a club in Eugene Or.

upload_2017-10-21_18-27-32.png

Never saw any pumpkin paddlers though.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
View attachment 19338 View attachment 19339
What is it about the Pacific Northwest? Must be something in the water up here. There has been the Nanaimo to Vancouver Bathtub race here since 1967 and it is a sight to see.
Loyal Nanaimo Bathtub Society :: The First Race

What is it about the Pacific Northwest? Must be something in the water up here.

The Brazilians have carnival, New Orleans has Mardi Gras and you West coast Cannucko-Yanks have bathtub and moon pumpkin races.

The long winter nights must just fly by... :D

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Brazilians have carnival, New Orleans has Mardi Gras and you West coast Cannucko-Yanks have bathtub and moon pumpkin races.

We also have the largest bookstore in the US in my neighborhood. Got to have something to do in those 13 months of rain.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Indeed. The monsoons have arrived and it's been raining steadily for about a week. My sister said she wanted to check the weather forecast tonight and looking especially bored, I said, "Why? Look out the window."