• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile at the border...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Making fun of an elderly guy who has fought a speech impediment since a kid. I thought you were better than this.
Actually, I'm mocking his thinking impediment.
And I don't think people voted for him for his oratory skills, though at least he has a vocabulary beyond that of a 7 year old (Trump).
Poor speaking ability isn't really his problem.
Well, it's a problem. And I don't mind it.
But his thoughtless approach to war, legislation, & public policy is,
eg, starting the Iraq war, his 1984 Crime Bill, lack of planning for
the obviously impending border crisis.
The pix I posted are about his cluelessness.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am saying that, in my opinion, one cannot follow Christ and take up arms.
It's a great thing that our country had so many non-Christians in WW2.
Although it's possible that not all Christians are opposed to armed defense.

Hey, everyone....remember this is in the jokes forum.
Let's have friendly fun as we bash each other's views.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
So you admit to judging others. And you claim to be christian.

I am only judging myself. I see no way to both follow Christ and be a solider. If you interpret things differently, that is between you and God.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
I agree they do a lot of work. But they can also come here and do it legally with a visa if nothing else.

If they deported every single undocumented worker tomorrow and then allowed only workers with visas to come back over the border, the food and service economies would grind to a halt while we waited for visas to be processed. It's so easy to take a 70-80 year old problem and wave a magic nationalist wand at it...

We Never Know

No Slack
If they deported every single undocumented worker tomorrow and then allowed only workers with visas to come back over the border, the food and service economies would grind to a halt while we waited for visas to be processed. It's so easy to take a 70-80 year old problem and wave a magic nationalist wand at it...
They probably could have gotten a visa before they came here illegally which is my point.

How to Enter the United States | USAGov.

Suave

Simulated character
Actually, I'm mocking his thinking impediment.

Poor speaking ability isn't really his problem.
Well, it's a problem. And I don't mind it.
But his thoughtless approach to war, legislation, & public policy is,
eg, starting the Iraq war, his 1984 Crime Bill, lack of planning for
the obviously impending border crisis.
The pix I posted are about his cluelessness.
Perhaps we can at least agree with having a more progressive President like Kamala Harris.
Kamala Harris: A pragmatic progressive different from Biden in many ways

Suave

Simulated character
It's an odd article....stating many things about her that
check boxes of background traits important to her party.
But I saw nothing progressive.
It's that she looks like what a progressive would look like.
A few issues Kamala Harris is more progressive than Joe Biden would be with her endorsement of Bernie Sander's Medicare for all. She also endorsed Alexandria Ocasio Cortez's Green New Deal plan. Furthermore, she now favors federal legalization of cannabis.

Shaul

Premium Member
I admire how our V. P. has been busy with touring communities of color where she is persuading colorful skinned persons to overcome their hesitancy to get vaccinated against C. O. V. I. D. -19. I would consider this issue as taking precedence over a politicized photo op at the border.
Seems she doesn’t care about all the people of color she is enabling across the border without Covid testing nor vaccinations.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Well it seems we won’t know, though, will we? She’s too busy eating cake.

Actually, we do know the right would say exactly that. 100%. For that reason, all the fluff about how she's not there is just empty virtue signaling by the right who doesn't actually care about the kids at the border at all. Not a bit, or they would've been up in arms at the actual Trump policy which intent was to separate families that arrived together.