• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meaning of believing.

Hi all I am trying to find out how to obtain, the supernatural believing power that Jesus talked about in the bible. To be able to perform miracles and other supernatural manifestations. If you were to take a guess what he meant let me know. Closest thing I found was prākāmya. Thanks.

dolly

Certain Christian sects promote the idea of individual power (tongues, faith healing, exorcisms, revelations, being hand selected by god, etc) more than others. Off the top of my head - Christian Science, Mormonism, some Catholic groups, Pentacostal, some Evangelical, etc. You could start by looking there. :)

Most of the main denominational Churches at large don't know how to perform supernatural faith and believing. Though there are the few who separate themselves and see past all church dogma and come out refined and move onto supernatural faith and believing.

Anyone else. Even and eastern perspective is welcome.

LayzeeDragon

Siddhas power. But its best to go for God. and Siddhas may come as a by product. XD And also can you show me what passage does Jesus talk about supernatural believing power?

Last edited:

On_a_Quest

Check out the Church of Christ Scientist. I went to one of their services and, if I'm correct in my interpretation, they use the Bible to apply healing powers to their lives.

Maratreanism

Maratrean Protoprophet
I think sometimes people go chasing after miracles that look big, but really they are small; because of this, they fail to see the miracles that are big, but appear small on the outside. You could turn someone's life around, someone on the brink of destruction and bring them back to fulfillment; you could levitate in mid-air. Which is actually the bigger miracle? Really, the first one. But people don't think of the first one even as a miracle. So they go chasing after the second type of miracle - if only instead they went chasing after the first.

And also can you show me what passage does Jesus talk about supernatural believing power?

Jesus does not use the word supernatural power but he does do miracles. Like walking on water, turning water into wine, multiplying food for the crowds, healing people, etc. Then Jesus says "John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto the Father."

So clearly the way to miracles, and supernatural faith, is faith it self. Though I think it takes practice. I have found people that actually heal and change reality by faith. No it is not you average church either. They approach faith in a different way, as a matter of fact at the seminars they will not even say that you need faith otherwise people might disbelieve so they usually don't even say that you need faith, but it works. They call it matrix energetics. The message board is right here. Matrix Energetics Message Boards - Powered by UBB.threads™ They talk a lot about it.

Thanks everyone for your answers so far. Though I would still be curious to see what other peoples interpretation of supernatural believing means. Thanks.

Hi Astral, et al,

"Faith can move mountains."
Perhaps one has already placed the mountain exactly where one wants it to be.

Moving from the belief of desires to the gnosis of being entails awareness of one's integral nature within.

Just my boggy rambling,
best regards,
swampy

Bob Dixon

>implying
The Christ spoke in parables.

Supernatural miracles are for the Christ himself, prophets, and other such enlightened people.

You and I probably won't be turning water into wine, but Maratreanism summed it up pretty well otherwise.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Jesus was quite literal... well, for starters he said that anything good that yuo ask God, he would give to you.

how to attain this faith? Well, I would recommend meditation. As a christian, you would probably feel more confortable if meditating on a specific trait of either God or Jesus.