• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Me mental illness and socializing

Riders

So got a new sales job selling this guys wood and metal work on social media. He decided to take me out for a dinner it went perfect.

I have some problems with even going out with my bosses. My sexually shameful past, and I have a hard time looking men in the eye at times. This time I was able to look him in the eye about 75 percent of the time, I looked down 3 or 4 times unfortunately. But hopefully my looking him in the eye was enough to impress.

He took me to Dennys. On the way we were talking about him putting his stuff up on Craigslist issues hes had. HE said there are parts of Craigslist community I wished I had not seen. I said" not long ago I was trying to date guys from the activities section and theres no one there but creeps craigslist creeps. That was it! U stopped there he shook his head and said yes so!

But not one word about sex was said. YAY for me! I think hes actually a conservative Christian but mainly we talked about all his products and how to advertise and sell them. I hope I can make some money for him.

The thing is my antisocial behavior, if I'm in a social / job situation, does not haunt me, my mental illness and addiction does not bother me. If I'm at church or a place of religion things go perfectly.

He also was about my age we talked about where we grew up, in the DFW area what school we went, there was a tiny but of socialization but mostly it was all business.

I just need to be in places where I know I do well.I showered dressed nice, and he bought me a burger at Denny's, he was really a nice guy.

I hope he did not notice me looking away too much ..........
I'm glad he took me out to eat .