• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

me and my pagan-ness

Mike182

Flaming Queer
hey guys
i guess this thread is for christian wiccans to discuss the wiccan side, the rituals and the magicks and teh experiences etc

i started my book of shadows! i did a cleansing and blessing ritual on my alter at full moon, and then met up with some other pagan friends for a full moon rite

it was amazing :jam: we also did an offering with bead and wine, and it was so...... i don't know what word i posess that will give the experience justice, it was just, wow!

anyway, i recorded the ritual and my feelings in my new book of shadows, along with the bits of the ritual i thought i was a bit flimsy with, so i can learn and improve

just wanted to share it with y'all
blessed be
mike

Mike182

Flaming Queer
jeff, you and rebecca are always welcome, your children and all

thing is, im not forking for the plane :D

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Mike, I am glad you had such a wonderful night.
I set up my Altar a few weeks ago.... And it felt good inside to be back at an Altar again.​
I long to start my book of shadows, but not sure what to write in it lol :eek: Im not a big writer at the best of times..... So if you want to give me a little hand here... I would be gratefull :D

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Evenstar said:
Mike, I am glad you had such a wonderful night.
I set up my Altar a few weeks ago.... And it felt good inside to be back at an Altar again.​
I long to start my book of shadows, but not sure what to write in it lol :eek: Im not a big writer at the best of times..... So if you want to give me a little hand here... I would be gratefull :D
i created my own ritul, based upon what i have read of other rituals etc, so i planned my ritual in my BOS, and then wrote how i felt about it afterwards

i did the alter blessing as it said to in a book ive got by silver ravenwolf, but the offering i did was my own - i can type out the plan if you want to see it

i had loads of fun setting up my alter though, because i realised i didn't have a statue of the goddess :eek: so i cut a plastic cork in half, and painted a mini picture of the goddess on half a cork with red nail varnish :biglaugh: just making use of my natural resources........

the BOS is personal to you though, so if you have any bits of writting that you like, you can put those into it, any pictures of loved ones etc, put them in as well - don't be affraid to make it your own book

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I 'sacrificied' a pizza on Rebecca's alter the other day. It was a little over done. Thought it would make a great 'burnt offering' :D Rebecca didn't share the humor in this with me. :eek:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I guess I am not wiccan 'enough' for all this; no altars or candles. Just my Tarot cards and me, in a room, quietly.:eek:

turk179

I smell something....
Congratulations Mike. I am not a Christian Wiccan and I don't know if that was your first ritual but I definitely know how I felt when I did my first. I had started a BoS 6 years ago and it got lost in one of my moves. Still waiting to start another. Now would be a good time.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
turk179 said:
Congratulations Mike. I am not a Christian Wiccan and I don't know if that was your first ritual but I definitely know how I felt when I did my first. I had started a BoS 6 years ago and it got lost in one of my moves. Still waiting to start another. Now would be a good time.
this thread is more for the wicca side of my religion, so input from other wiccans and pagans is greatly appreciated turk! it was indeed my first ritual :bounce

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
michel said:
I guess I am not wiccan 'enough' for all this; no altars or candles. Just my Tarot cards and me, in a room, quietly.:eek:
Michel, I'm with you. 49 years of Christian up bringing. I'm opening my mind up to this, but it's not something that happens overnight. Think I'll start with tarot and stones, work my way up! :D

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Oh I would love to see the plan Mike... I like to see how others get to where they are.
I will try and make a start on my BOS this weekend.​
Have you used your wand yet?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
What a great thread!

For those of us thinking about a BOS (Book of Shadows, though I tend to refer to mine as a BOL, hehee), don't let it be intimidating! It's whatever you want it to be. You can have poems, worship, recipes for healing herbs/ tinctures/ good food, whatever you want! Like your altar, it's a reflection of the interaction between you and your religion.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
FeathersinHair said:
(Book of Shadows, though I tend to refer to mine as a BOL, hehee)
awwww, thats cute, BOL

i think i will carry on with shadows though, because although shadow represents darkness, darkness does not represent evil

jeff, rebecca, you two seriously crak me up :biglaugh: ive not used the wand yet no, but soon........

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Evenstar said:
Thank you Feathers! I must make a start on it.
I just didnt know where to start. :eek:
(Ack, I can't believe I missed this yesterday!) (Sorry, Evenstar!)

That's wonderful news! I hope to hear more about it! :bounce

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
FeathersinHair said:
What a great thread!

For those of us thinking about a BOS (Book of Shadows, though I tend to refer to mine as a BOL, hehee), don't let it be intimidating! It's whatever you want it to be. You can have poems, worship, recipes for healing herbs/ tinctures/ good food, whatever you want! Like your altar, it's a reflection of the interaction between you and your religion.
though I tend to refer to mine as a BOL
I like that Feathers.;)

turk179

I smell something....
Look. I know I am the only one who doesn't get this and at the risk of sounding a little slow, the curiosity is getting the best of me so I have to ask. ....
What does BOL stand for? :eek:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
turk179 said:
Look. I know I am the only one who doesn't get this and at the risk of sounding a little slow, the curiosity is getting the best of me so I have to ask. ....
What does BOL stand for? :eek:
i don't think feathers likes the symbolism behind a "book of shadows" so she has resorted to the "book of light" :biglaugh:

frubals to you turk!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Mike182 said:
i don't think feathers likes the symbolism behind a "book of shadows" so she has resorted to the "book of light" :biglaugh:

frubals to you turk!
That's the way I interpreted it; I must admit, I feel far happier with a 'Book of light';