• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe Some in The Men's Right Movement Want Violence

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Anyone else noticed this double standard?

Violence rhetoric from MRMs; a serious issue that needs to be confronted.
Violence rhetoric from Feminists; manufactured controversies, satire, and not real feminists.
What? Impossible!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Well, of course we ignore them. You just go on & on
about fairness & anti-violence, so we take it for granted.

LOL I've also been singled out by some folks on RF as the reason why feminism has such a bad reputation. Argue against points made on rape culture (as it affects everybody, not just women), argue against points made on domestic violence, argue against points made from mainstream feminist rhetoric, think that arguments from feminists are inflated and need to be called out...

And then go OMG WTF #killallmen IS HORRIBLE SO IS SCUM MANIFESTO THIS NEEDS TO STOP WHAT CAN WE DO WHY FEMINISTS ARE QUIET ABOUT THIS YOU HYPOCRITES!

All the while ignoring how feminists have argued against how men get the short end of the stick in this very thread...and I have yet to see the kind of acknowledgement demanded from feminists on men's issues that is granted to feminists talking points.

So, yeah. They're being ignored, and then accused of pulling a double standard. I got something to say about that. Know what I mean?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
LOL I've also been singled out by some folks on RF as the reason why feminism has such a bad reputation. Argue against points made on rape culture (as it affects everybody, not just women), argue against points made on domestic violence, argue against points made from mainstream feminist rhetoric, think that arguments from feminists are inflated and need to be called out...

And then go OMG WTF #killallmen IS HORRIBLE SO IS SCUM MANIFESTO THIS NEEDS TO STOP WHAT CAN WE DO WHY FEMINISTS ARE QUIET ABOUT THIS YOU HYPOCRITES!

All the while ignoring how feminists have argued against how men get the short end of the stick in this very thread...and I have yet to see the kind of acknowledgement demanded from feminists on men's issues that is granted to feminists talking points.

So, yeah. They're being ignored, and then accused of pulling a double standard. I got something to say about that. Know what I mean?
I think you are overreacting a bit. My post was not in reference to all feminists here. I know you have called out both sides and thank you for it.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

It's unavoidable to have different perspectives on one's own & other movements.
The trick is to see not just the differences, but also what is held in common (which
generally is greater than the differences). Discussion/debate can make things
better or worse...as you notice. The 2nd trick is to recognize each poster as an
individual, & not read things said by others into his/her posts.

We really need a new pronoun to replace "his/her".

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Anyone else noticed this double standard?

Violence rhetoric from MRMs; a serious issue that needs to be confronted.
Violence rhetoric from Feminists; manufactured controversies, satire, and not real feminists.

Just curious: When was the last time you argued against misogynistic statements made on this forum? I have called out statements I perceived as misandrist more than once. Can you say that you have done something similar with misogynistic statements recently at all?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Just curious: When was the last time you argued against misogynistic statements made on this forum? I have called out statements I perceived as misandrist more than once. Can you say that you have done something similar with misogynistic statements recently at all?
This morning I believe.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I think you are overreacting a bit. My post was in reference to all feminists here. I know you have called out both sides and thank you for it.

Ah, you're welcome.

Sorry for the quip. I think I need more coffee. :areyoucra

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
It's unavoidable to have different perspectives on one's own & other movements.
The trick is to see not just the differences, but also what is held in common (which
generally is greater than the differences). Discussion/debate can make things
better or worse...as you notice. The 2nd trick is to recognize each poster as an
individual, & not read things said by others into his/her posts.

We really need a new pronoun to replace "his/her".

What about "hir"?

:canoe:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Would you mind showing me where that was?
Last page of Why I am Not a Feminist. Also, the kinds of comments you are talking about tend to get called out by many posters here on RF. Which generally leads to the situation where anything I might have to say on the matter has already been said 10 times. So there is little reason to say it again.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Last page of Why I am Not a Feminist. Also, the kinds of comments you are talking about tend to get called out by many posters here on RF. Which generally leads to the situation where anything I might have to say on the matter has already been said 10 times. So there is little reason to say it again.
I was noticing that series of astounding posts (which were from a religious & civil liberties perspective very different from mine), & wondered how appropriate it would be to post an objection. I decided that it was better to let the poster continue in all his glory, without my distraction. Your objection was timely & pithy. I'm glad I kept me mouth shut beforehand.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

I could say the same thing about feminists' supposed tolerance of male-bashing. If there are already people calling that out and getting enraged about it to the point of accusing feminists of being complicit in it and calling feminism "a cancer on society," why should any feminists bother to voice their objection every time someone makes misandrist statements?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
That sounds vaguely familiar.
Is it becoming standard?
"Hir" in spoken form would seem to be "her" though.

Biologically, the default gender of the human species is female. :run:

Hmmm....."hits" might work too (the "h" from "his" & "her" + "its" = "hits")

We could always check with esperanto.

Sian? Sia?

I need coffee.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I could say the same thing about feminists' supposed tolerance of male-bashing. If there are already people calling that out and getting enraged about it to the point of accusing feminists of being complicit in it and calling feminism "a cancer on society," why should any feminists bother to voice their objection every time someone makes misandrist statements?
People will naturally object to things which affect them more personally.
That's not inherently hypocritical. But it's worthwhile to have empathy for
the other side too. I know my callings to defend ostensible foes (Xians,
commies) is inconsistent, but nonetheless, I'll defend dang near anyone.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Biologically, the default gender of the human species is female. :run:
"Female" & "woman" are just "male" & "man" with a diminutive prefix.

We could always check with esperanto.
Sian? Sia?
I need coffee.
Esperanto? Too arcane.
In Revoltingestanian, we use "pat's" for "his/her".
I know, I know....that's even weirder.
(This is why no one here is named "Pat"...it would be confusing.)