• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe religion/ religious people

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Maybe the word atheist is a wrong word to use ?

Yeah, but you can see the problem here:
Our Vision
Definitions
Atheism is the comprehensive world view of persons who are free from theism and have freed themselves of supernatural beliefs altogether. It is predicated on ancient Greek Materialism.

Atheism involves the mental attitude that unreservedly accepts the supremacy of reason and aims at establishing a life-style and ethical outlook verifiable by experience and the scientific method, independent of all arbitrary assumptions of authority and creeds.

Materialism declares that the cosmos is devoid of immanent conscious purpose; that it is governed by its own inherent, immutable, and impersonal laws; that there is no supernatural interference in human life; that humankind, finding the resources within themselves, can and must create their own destiny. It teaches that we must prize our life on earth and strive always to improve it. It holds that human beings are capable of creating a social system based on reason and justice. Materialism’s ‘faith’ is in humankind and their ability to transform the world culture by their own efforts. This is a commitment that is, in its very essence, life-asserting. It considers the struggle for progress as a moral obligation that is impossible without noble ideas that inspire us to bold, creative works. Materialism holds that our potential for good and more fulfilling cultural development is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.

RestlessSoul

So you think I am a fish.

Could be…

26142A32-33FD-45FA-8678-7159ACFED286.jpeg

firedragon

Veteran Member
You only have to read some of the religious texts to see how thin skinned gods are, I am a jealous god springs to mind. Then there is the god who tells us atheists do not exist, hardly surprising then that some followers are so touchy, it comes from their alleged god.

Which "God" says atheists do not exist?

Justanatheist

Im sorry. Maybe I am ignorant on this. Are you referring to a particular scripture? If so, which one?

Honestly I dont know this. I have never heard this in my entire life. If this is the case, this is revelation to me.
Suppression of the truth versus ignorance of the truth is what Paul will show in our passage today, proving that there is no such thing as an atheist or even atheism for that matter.

Atheism does not exist! Romans 1:19-20

Erebus

I think it is rather funny how atheists are the bogeymen on this forum, which is strange when you consider atheists rarely use atheism to explain away any bigotry they have.

I've been on this forum a while and found that it pretty much cycles between which group is in the crosshairs. Atheists seem to be the current favourite target though that will change sooner or later.

So, which group is next? Let's spin the wheel!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've been on this forum a while and found that it pretty much cycles between which group is in the crosshairs. Atheists seem to be the current favourite target though that will change sooner or later.

That actually is true. We'll all be throwing eggs at some other group next. Hopefully the Amish as I don't think they maintain a presence here.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

So, which group is next? Let's spin the wheel!
I hope this OP do not feels like an attack on atheists or atheism