• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

May You Live In Interesting Times

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
It's apparently a Taoist curse that "may you live in interesting times".

Bear in mind this is religious. And political. And whatever else. Because it doesn't really have a category. That's Taoism though. The Tao te Ching gives a general outline of how to properly run things (essentially citing that (1) when a state is in harmony, though another nation is close enough that a rooster crowing can be heard, nobody has any desire to leave their towns, (2) if the state is in harmony when asked what the king is doing, they reply "there's a king?" and (3) if the state is NOT in harmony everyone knows the king, largely because taxes affect their lives constantly, and they also tend to revolt). It was the Chinese who developed Taoism as a philosophy, and then it kinda became a religion. Then it kinda shifted back toward philosophy. And finally, it's trendy for old ladies in US to do Tai Chi and surfers to have it on their boards. But within this sort of splice between cosmic balance, historical cycles, study of stars/elements and their energy, and observations of ideal/nonideal rule, the Chinese used to believe in Taoism and Confucianism. That is, before Mao and communism basically rolling through their history and culture like a bulldozer. Unlike Russia, China seemed to be a communist success story. But lately, they've been actively trying to oppress people. An example: social credit system. China has implemented this across the board, and it tells people where they can and can't go. I want you to hold that thought.

Now, you may wonder, why am I talking about China and communism? Because of the Mandate of Heaven. The Mandate of Heaven asserts that unless a nation consciously chooses to rule its people with justice, stability is possible. Otherwise, it enters a dynastic cycle: The new dynasty gives people land to farm, housing, rights, etc. The old dynasty (i.e. when the new one becomes old) taxes the house, takes the crops, and removes rights. Then upheaval happens, usually in the form of either natural disasters (the Heavens don't approve), robbers or foreigners taking over, or the commoners revolt. And whatever comes next becomes the new dynasty. Now, the Jews believed that you can halt this cycle (though the never mentioned it, the Bible repeats stories of just such upheaval) by obtaining God's favor, by consciously choosing to rule correctly. But I'm convinced that what we are seeing is the cusp of upheaval.

Globalism caused the problem. If not for open borders, sick Chinese would have stayed in China, nobody from Italy or Iran or whatever would have contracted this disease. But you see, this isn't really the whole problem. The problem is ignoring the Mandate of Heaven.

Rather than provide actual treatment NOW to those suffering, nations are asking their people to stay indoors with nothing to do, while we wait for a vaccine (while will probably never come because everyone is indoors away from each other, not together working on a cure).
Let's look at this social credit system again. Chinese social credit system awards people with perks such as the ability to travel when they seem law-abiding, and puts people with bad credit under house arrest. By this logic, the entire US has bad credit to China, as does Iran and Italy. But this isn't just China, this is government leaders saying "hey let's oppress our citizens too!"

And then there's clashes between those who want a sort of Christian utopia, globalists who think having the UN run everything is a good idea (they've done a great job so far), and Muslims who want their idea of a utopia. Might I suggest to everyone that like the country who hears the neighbouring rooster crowing, you are perfectly capable of setting up your own nation rather than trying to make over other countries? That trying to expand out was what caused this mess, from too many people traveling?

The thing is, this can't last forever. It never has. Leaders always fall to their own excesses. They run out of credit, they get deposed, or they dwindle away because their system falls apart. But all of this was made worse by nobody actually bothering to just stay calm, and look at this through the lens of history. Contagious disease? Hey getting US ppl home is our first priority. And we can't stop immigration from Mexico, China, Canada, Iran, Italy, etc. That would be rude! And hey, let's stock up so there are food shortages!

PureX

Veteran Member
I would much prefer to live in dull times. As I'm quite capable of entertaining myself. :)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Globalism caused the problem. If not for open borders, sick Chinese would have stayed in China, nobody from Italy or Iran or whatever would have contracted this disease. But you see, this isn't really the whole problem. The problem is ignoring the Mandate of Heaven.

1) Blaming "open borders" for the spread of the virus is a xenophobic straw man at best. Literally a single case somehow reaching any given country may be all the virus needs to become an epidemic in said country.

You are indeed choosing an "interesting time" to foster hateful rhetoric.

2) While it is your prerogative to attribute this pandemic to ignoring an alleged mandate from some invisible divine power, you should not expect any rational or scientifcally minded person to accept your proposition instead of empirical science and statistics.

Rather than provide actual treatment NOW to those suffering, nations are asking their people to stay indoors with nothing to do, while we wait for a vaccine (while will probably never come because everyone is indoors away from each other, not together working on a cure).
Let's look at this social credit system

There are thousands of healthcare workers all over the world who are out working right now both to attend to patients of the virus and to develop a vaccine and cure for it as soon as possible.

Your statement, aside from being incorrect, also overlooks that not everyone can "work together" to develop a cure for a novel and extremely contagious virus. Even if you and I weren't staying at home, we wouldn't be able to work on developing a cure simply because we lack the qualifications and credentials required to do so--save perhaps for volunteering to test new drugs.

Misinformation, hatred, and xenophobia are guaranteed to be unhelpful in a situation like this. That much we should know from history, but unfortunately, some are all too busy indulging in this trifecta of unhelpfulness instead of doing or saying more productive things.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Now, you may wonder, why am I talking about China and communism? Because of the Mandate of Heaven. The Mandate of Heaven asserts that unless a nation consciously chooses to rule its people with justice, stability is possible. Otherwise, it enters a dynastic cycle:

There's an element of this that I agree with.

The pandemic is stressing nations. China which wants to control even the thoughts of its citizens was part of the problem by suppressing unwelcome news. Now they're trying to rewrite history to blame the US for its own problem.

Trump denied that there was a problem which was like being near an explosion and claiming everything was just fine fine before the blast wave hit.

Other nations have issues with its people ignoring the good of everyone by acting with selfishness. Apparently Italians are ignoring mandates to self-isolate and we're seeing the death toll spike.

But I'm also seeing acts of compassion by ordinary people who are reaching out to help our neighbors. And I'm seeing medical professionals who are putting their lives and the lives of family members on the line to help those in need.

I'm not a Christian but I like the sheep/goats image. People are separating themselves into "sheep" and "goats" in response to the pandemic. I don't need to accept the "eternal pleasure/pain" part to hope that people choose the path of compassion and service.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
There's an element of this that I agree with.

The pandemic is stressing nations. China which wants to control even the thoughts of its citizens was part of the problem by suppressing unwelcome news. Now they're trying to rewrite history to blame the US for its own problem.

Trump denied that there was a problem which was like being near an explosion and claiming everything was just fine fine before the blast wave hit.

Other nations have issues with its people ignoring the good of everyone by acting with selfishness. Apparently Italians are ignoring mandates to self-isolate and we're seeing the death toll spike.

But I'm also seeing acts of compassion by ordinary people who are reaching out to help our neighbors. And I'm seeing medical professionals who are putting their lives and the lives of family members on the line to help those in need.

I'm not a Christian but I like the sheep/goats image. People are separating themselves into "sheep" and "goats" in response to the pandemic. I don't need to accept the "eternal pleasure/pain" part to hope that people choose the path of compassion and service.

Blame and its use to blame is owned by all males today, as a male historic owned problem.

Based on what was being revealed and taught consciously as we healed and evolved in a non science practiced human reasoning.

With the UFO incoming radiation attack becoming less and less.

Why we evolved our consciousness, which is the basis of all male spiritual self human reasoning and advice.

Males in self historic studies know that whenever we have faced a personal problem a brother in one country or another is living in a higher motivated cause of affected brain chemical inheritance. By how much incoming UFO radiation is seen.

In modern times, no brother owns any true human reasoning to say any brother is less of a rational thinker than what he is....for you all own the finger...you know the finger that says the human being philosopher of the sciences is in want of the power of the angels of God.....as it always was....button pusher.

And you all own that threat of brother against brother....and always did own that threat.

So as communications, AI...owns the past signals itself, naturally as radiation. Radiation is the exact same natural state in the past as it is today...the only body that is still the same...cold radiation. And it attacked every landing place on Earth differently.

Males then teach conscious identification of self idealism..about O the stone and said it was a spiritual science concept. That our language was separated as was our original parental natural body...DNA....and yet science says DNA was once the exact same human owned presence on Earth.

And males all claim we must be one, one family and one unity again...but we own different psyche balances, different DNA cellular holy land bodies......and different languages.

It should all be the same he says.

And you should realize it is too late......once in natural history we were all the same, we were owners of being a mutual existing family and we gave it away to science/irradiation....as a male choice.

Since then we taught spirituality as the only inheritance for life on Earth.

Its meaning. Yet none of you idealise that natural concept instead you all bandy self holy land as the right of the One and only idealism...whereas mutual family human support should be first...before you want to denigrate your brother.

I was taught to be spiritually minded...but gained a human realization in my life attacked due to science that it is impossible for any spiritual human to obtain that form of life agreement whilst you keep irradiating us into sick, dying, unhealthy life minds and bodies...we only become more angered.

You expect harmed human to just love, when you do not allow them to heal...being the biggest mistake of any male Leader on Earth today.

We will always retaliate against your abuses of our life, as long as you agree to support the abuse of it...and it is sciences fault that everyone is so sick today.

It is the fault of male greed and want of control that the greedy should see a life lesson when it is being taught....if you do not have family unity and health...then you own no support of control, not for commerce, for countries to survive.

So you own the one time in history to realize that human greed is the very reason why this lesson exists....and as it is world society owned, then it is about time that you learn the lesson of life.

Never own any want of forced control, and instead live and support mutual living harmony before it is too late to live owning it.