• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

May I obey God as thoroughly as Lucifer does

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Luke 10:17New International Version (NIV)
“Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”

Philippians 2:10-11King James Version (KJV)
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven... and things under the earth;

Point being, it is Christian theology that Satan does everything God commands him to do ... I've been praying that God would give me the grace to do that for years. Regarding that grace of thorough obedience to orders , I wish I was more like Satan
LtGbs.png

Skwim

Veteran Member
Not to quibble, but . . . . . . isn't Satan more than a demon?

So Satan wasn't alone and led a rebellion against God taking as many as a third of all the Angels with him. These are now what are commonly called Demons.
source

AND, Philippians 2:10 only says "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow," not "does bow."

ukok102nak

:alien: to those who self proclaimed themselves as christians
that is

... . as they say
to become one as what they believed that they were
one must prove it and
that's why to become christian is not only believing in jesus but also knowing him
from his words and his works
this i may say
and anyone
could contend me :alien: yes its me
not my brethren for i can stand unto this belief and faith
with this words of mine
with the help and mercy of
what is good and cannot lie

:ty:

godbless
unto all always

Well, according to Judaism Satan (even though there really isn't a Satan as it's more a title) is a very obedient and loyal angel of god. In Christianity, he was made into the bad guy who rebelled against god.

Etritonakin

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven... and things under the earth;

Point being, it is Christian theology that Satan does everything God commands him to do ... I've been praying that God would give me the grace to do that for years. Regarding that grace of thorough obedience to orders , I wish I was more like Satan
LtGbs.png

Satan and the demons were disobedient, and attempted a coup against God's throne.
It was put down, and the sinning angels are in a state of restraint -able to do only as God allows.
That is quite different than being obedient -though God would certainly rather they be as the prodigal son than having to eventually destroy them or bring some other judgment.

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited....

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Eze 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Eze 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Eze 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

The following is not willing obedience -but it is something God has allowed for a purpose........

Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Notice Satan willed to do evil -and God allowed him to do some things -and not to do others.

Job 1:9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
Job 1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
Job 1:11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Why God allowed that is another subject.

Last edited:

ukok102nak

:alien: so as it is written carefully check
every detail on it
and kindly correct us if we are wrong
:read:
Matthew 4:10
Then says Jesus unto him, Get you behind, Satan: for it is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.

so how come it is written that satan
shall worship the Lord his God, and him only shall you serve.

if satan is considered to be an adversary
how come it is written that satan
shall worship the Lord his God, and him only shall he serve.

. . . just askin

godbless
unto all always

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Satan and the demons were disobedient, and attempted a coup against God's throne.
It was put down, and the sinning angels are in a state of restraint -able to do only as God allows.
That is quite different than being obedient -though God would certainly rather they be as the prodigal son than having to eventually destroy them or bring some other judgment.

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited....

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Eze 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Eze 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Eze 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

The following is not willing obedience -but it is something God has allowed for a purpose........

Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Notice Satan willed to do evil -and God allowed him to do some things -and not to do others.

Job 1:9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
Job 1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
Job 1:11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Why God allowed that is another subject.
God needed the devil to rebell against him because he needed to be a hero and glorify good when it overcomes evil.

Good isn't as good without evil. Good is exalted by evil. Christ is exalted by the Antichrist.

The Devil did God a favor by rebelling and did Jesus and the prophets a favor by killing them and giving them a crown and great glory.

So what the Devil accomplishes is good for God and his elect. Therefore, what the Devil does is good.

Satan obeys God but doesn't like him. Still, Satan does what God tells him to do without exception.

I wish, hope, and pray that God makes me as obediant as the devil is.

Etritonakin

God needed the devil to rebell against him because he needed to be a hero and glorify good when it overcomes evil.

Good isn't as good without evil. Good is exalted by evil. Christ is exalted by the Antichrist.

The Devil did God a favor by rebelling and did Jesus and the prophets a favor by killing them and giving them a crown and great glory.

So what the Devil accomplishes is good for God and his elect. Therefore, what the Devil does is good.

Satan obeys God but doesn't like him. Still, Satan does what God tells him to do without exception.

I wish, hope, and pray that God makes me as obediant as the devil is.

What you have said is false -and completely against what is written in scripture.
You even contradict yourself by saying that Satan rebelled -but Satan does what God tells him without exception.

I hope you choose to be more obedient than the devil -more willingly so -with more caution and a humble desire to understand -because the devil stores up for himself judgment which will be toward him understanding the necessity for obedience -and taking righteousness seriously.

Apparently, you are not serious about any of this -so I'm out.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What you have said is false -and completely against what is written in scripture.
You even contradict yourself by saying that Satan rebelled -but Satan does what God tells him without exception.

I hope you choose to be more obedient than the devil -more willingly so -with more caution and a humble desire to understand -because the devil stores up for himself judgment which will be toward him understanding the necessity for obedience -and taking righteousness seriously.

Apparently, you are not serious about any of this -so I'm out.
Can't God enjoy an army rebelling against him?

I have enjoyed pets and people that rebel against me. I've enjoyed video games where a computer rebels against me. If Satan rebelling against God was part of God's plan then rebellion was what God wanted, therefore it was necessary disobedience.

The Devil does everything God commands him to do. Do you do everything God commands you to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
When I said he obeys God without exception, I'm talking about his present state of affairs and I'm talking about God's direct commands to him.

Also, just as some people (without their control in the matter ) are either attracted to one gender or the other, the Angels were naturally inclined to want to serve or rebel. They were naturally inclined toward virtue or vice.

God made some of the Angels with a predisposition to be rebellious. If he made them all with the same level of grace it wouldn't explain why the thought of pride and rebellion appeals to one and not the other.

Satan is just being the creature God made him to be . He was proud because God never gifted him with the inclination to be humble as he did the others. He had different tastes and it wasn't a choice what his tastes are.

Some naturally like chocolate, some like vanilla. Some like peace, some like war. A creature's behavior is determined by how God made it.

ukok102nak

:alien: actually there's so many evil spirits
and would you know that some of those so called evil spirit were also sent by god
and some
comes from the lord itself
and if
we would take the bible as a reference we could find out some of it as we knew someone out there is willing to accept the written facts on its context
as it is written
1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

Judges 9:23
Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

also there's certain spirit that is written
and hope someone could tell anything about it
if its the devil's spirit or
what kind of spirit really it is
so as it is written carefully check
every detail on it
1 Kings 22:19
And he said, Hear you therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.

20 And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.
21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.
22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, You shall persude him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets, and the LORD has spoken evil concerning you.

... . they say its a lying spirit to persuade someone
and that someone would be end up in hell
also (just askin)
after this so called persuading

but if someone could notice the lord is also askin here in this very passage . ...

just for a thought
if i may and if someone may do so then its very fine with us for someone could help us to clarify this things becaused we are not all knowing
but we are not liars

godbless
unto all always

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس

LtGbs.png
You are confusing Lucifer and Satan in your thread title.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
But why would god make someone who has a behavior that will end them up in hell?
Maybe the creature would prefer hell....sometimes one person's idea of heaven is another person's hell... ;)
Plus, God is unpredictable and often changes his mind and alters prophecy, so he could change his mind about people staying in Hell forever.

Or perhaps Hell progresses in culture , setting, quality of life, and technology. Maybe after he gets sick of all the wailing and gnashing of teeth he'll extinguish the flames, set up a star-sized disco ball, tavern, mosh pit, and democracy of sorts :p

One thing about the God of the Bible is he is erratic and often does the opposite of what his followers expected

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I was referring to Christian Dogma. Christian mythology uses Lucifer as a synonym for Satan
It may be recent dogma but it is still incorrect dogma, nowhere in Christian texts is the name Lucifer substituted for the name Satan.

g2perk

:alien: actually there's so many evil spirits
and would you know that some of those so called evil spirit were also sent by god
and some
comes from the lord itself
and if
we would take the bible as a reference we could find out some of it as we knew someone out there is willing to accept the written facts on its context
as it is written
1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

Judges 9:23
Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

also there's certain spirit that is written
and hope someone could tell anything about it
if its the devil's spirit or
what kind of spirit really it is
so as it is written carefully check
every detail on it
1 Kings 22:19
And he said, Hear you therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.

20 And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.
21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.
22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, You shall persude him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets, and the LORD has spoken evil concerning you.

... . they say its a lying spirit to persuade someone
and that someone would be end up in hell
also (just askin)
after this so called persuading

but if someone could notice the lord is also askin here in this very passage . ...

just for a thought
if i may and if someone may do so then its very fine with us for someone could help us to clarify this things becaused we are not all knowing
but we are not liars

godbless
unto all always
This source will answer your questions. In order to understand many versus you must keep it in context with scripture Before and after said versus.

I hope this helps

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/matthew-henry-complete/1-kings/22.html

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It may be recent dogma but it is still incorrect dogma, nowhere in Christian texts is the name Lucifer substituted for the name Satan.

Sometimes the Devil is referred to as multiple entities
John 6:70
New International Version
Then Jesus replied, "Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!"

Jesus called a Devil to be his Apostle? How interesting. If he called a Devil to be his Apostle, I'm assuming the Devil was his errand boy just doing his job :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

So God revoked free will? o_O

g2perk

:alien: so as it is written carefully check
every detail on it
Matthew 4:10
Then says Jesus unto him, Get you behind, Satan: for it is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.

so how come it is written that satan
shall worship the Lord his God, and him only shall you serve.

if satan is considered to be an adversary
how come it is written that satan
shall worship the Lord his God, and him only shall he serve.

. . . just askin

godbless
unto all always
Jesus was quoting Deuteronomy. 6:13.

Jesus was talking to the devil yes, but Jesus was quoting old scripture in the mist of the devil's presence in order for the devil to leave.

Just the spoken word of God makes the Devil flee.